Just back RPR and HR

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Just got back from a 4night stay. I was unable to get the same resort for all 4 nights so had to split 2 at Royal Pacific and 2 at Hard Rock.

RPR: is looking dated. Room doors have dings and scratches in them, (such as strollers, wheelchairs or luggage banging into them); the hotel gave off a "dingy" (for lack of better word) feel. My final bill from RPR has weird charges on it.

HR: could also use some TLC but overall feel was much better than at RPR. The only trash can is a tiny one in the bathroom. Checking in early at the HR, they didn't tell me our room cards were only good for express pass use until I was officially checked into hotel. Tried charging items back to room and card was declined. Also had trouble after checking into room and went to front desk. They hadn't authorized charging privileges to our room when we checked in. So forked over credit card (again).

Both hotels: DESPERATLY need to clean the carpeting in the rooms (and the public areas weren't looking much better). Each night I put on a pair of socks (of course white-my bad) and the next morning they were black on the bottom. Not dirty, or lightly soiled-BLACK. (At my age you get up a couple of times a night to use the facilities-LOL). I always wear socks in hotels for this exact reason. Also-housekeeping leaves much to be desired. At both resorts they made the bed but that was it. At HR they didn't even empty the miniscule trash can. Neither hotel ran the vacuum and did not refill soap, shampoo or conditioner. But they were happy to take my $5.00 tip.

Other comments: Staff at both hotels (with the exception of housekeeping-but we never actually saw them) were wonderful. Patient when asking questions and pleasant personalities.

Of course we will go back-I won't do Universal without staying at an express pass hotel-but since I don't go every year, I have noticed the changes.

Strange that RPR would look worn they just completed a full rehab of all the rooms last year. Our last stay there was Dec. 2015 and room was immaculate.

HRH just had a full rehab about 3 years ago as well.

The last of the rooms at rpr that were rehabbed happened end of last year 2016

The room i had in october 2016 was not refurbished yet.

When I had the same room in February this year, it was completed.

Sorry the op did not have the best of service by housekeeping.
You should receive the auto email from the hotel asking about your stay.
I
usually get those emails about 5 days after i check out of the hotel.

in the section where you leave additional comments, ask about the weird changes on your bill.
hopefully you did take care of any issues on that before you left the hotel.

I check my bill daily on the tv in the room.
Strange charges at times but front desk handles it when I report it to them.

You should complete the survey Rpr sends out and give them a heads up on your experiences.

Just got back from a 4night stay. I was unable to get the same resort for all 4 nights so had to split 2 at Royal Pacific and 2 at Hard Rock.

RPR: is looking dated. Room doors have dings and scratches in them, (such as strollers, wheelchairs or luggage banging into them); the hotel gave off a "dingy" (for lack of better word) feel. My final bill from RPR has weird charges on it.

HR: could also use some TLC but overall feel was much better than at RPR. The only trash can is a tiny one in the bathroom. Checking in early at the HR, they didn't tell me our room cards were only good for express pass use until I was officially checked into hotel. Tried charging items back to room and card was declined. Also had trouble after checking into room and went to front desk. They hadn't authorized charging privileges to our room when we checked in. So forked over credit card (again).

Both hotels: DESPERATLY need to clean the carpeting in the rooms (and the public areas weren't looking much better). Each night I put on a pair of socks (of course white-my bad) and the next morning they were black on the bottom. Not dirty, or lightly soiled-BLACK. (At my age you get up a couple of times a night to use the facilities-LOL). I always wear socks in hotels for this exact reason. Also-housekeeping leaves much to be desired. At both resorts they made the bed but that was it. At HR they didn't even empty the miniscule trash can. Neither hotel ran the vacuum and did not refill soap, shampoo or conditioner. But they were happy to take my $5.00 tip.

Other comments: Staff at both hotels (with the exception of housekeeping-but we never actually saw them) were wonderful. Patient when asking questions and pleasant personalities.

Of course we will go back-I won't do Universal without staying at an express pass hotel-but since I don't go every year, I have noticed the changes.

What did a manager say about your weird charges? They're usually pretty hot on dealing with any issues like that. I assume you got it sorted before you left once they became aware of the issue.

I'm at RPR right now and we have the same room we have every year.........it's fresh, cleaned, vacuumed and tidied every day for what little needs doing in our room and housekeeping are obvious. We usually meet our housekeeper as we are leaving for breakfast. Rooms are immaculate and we have plenty of products in room every day. We did ask for more as we shower at least twice a day, no issues there as it should be. We visited a friend's room a week ago and their room was immaculate too.

I think after the recent refurb rooms are still fresh looking, sorry you didn't find the same........I'm sure you reported the dirty carpets though. Did they respond to you about that?

Fill in the survey with your findings.

can anyone post pictures of Royal Pacific's refurbished rooms? Do they have flower wall decals? We have not stayed there but I have seen pictures. I just am not sure those pictures are current or if they were from before the remodeling. If the rooms do have the flower decals on the wall do they have them in the standard rooms?

Last edited:
can anyone post pictures of Royal Pacific's refurbished rooms? Do they have flower wall decals? We have not stayed there but I have seen pictures. I just am not sure those pictures are current or if they were from before the remodeling. If the rooms do have the flower decals on the wall do they have them in the standard rooms?

Go to page one on the RPR information Sticky. There is a video of the refurbished rooms there.

Go to page one on the RPR information Sticky. There is a video of the refurbished rooms there.
Which is a better view a pool view room or a lagoon view room and what is the difference?

Last edited:

Pool view from T1 and 3 sometimes has some views of the ioa park

Some views at T3 has the front entrance canal view

Water views cost more than standard views

Not heard lagoon view before

Rooms opposite of water view vary
Many are views of the highway/roads

Some are interesting while some can be a dud
Don't read many comments of poor or dud views

Pool view from T1 and 3 sometimes has some views of the ioa park

Some views at T3 has the front entrance canal view

Water views cost more than standard views

Not heard lagoon view before

Rooms opposite of water view vary
Many are views of the highway/roads

Some are interesting while some can be a dud
Don't read many comments of poor or dud views
Just noticed it was Sapphire Falls I selected lol!! I have a standard room booked. Now I am wondering if I would be better booking a water view room. It would only be $91 more. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Hahahahaha
I was talking about rpr when the word lagoon view came up in this thread

Think it could be a description for layout views for a different hotel and not rpr or hrh

Just noticed it was Sapphire Falls I selected lol!! I have a standard room booked. Now I am wondering if I would be better booking a water view room. It would only be $91 more. Any opinions?

I had a water view room for one night in May at SF just to get a feel for the hotel before I moved to PBH. The water view I had was very nice.

If its just 91.00 extra for your total stay I would say go for it. Get the view you feel you would like. If it is 91.00 extra per night that's another story. Take that money and spend it on nice meals and merchandise.

No matter what you choose have a wonderful time at Universal pixiedust:

RPR: is looking dated.

Like others have said, that's odd give how recently it was renovated.

My final bill from RPR has weird charges on it.

Sonwhat were those charges?

Checking in early at the HR, they didn't tell me our room cards were only good for express pass use until I was officially checked into hotel.

They didn't say that because that's not the norm. Sounds like they took a page from the "welcome to glitch city" book Disney has been using.

Do they have flower wall decals?

Yes.

Tried charging items back to room and card was declined.

We had this happen to us at RPR. We were told that we weren't officially checked into the room until the room became ready for us, at which time our charging privileges would begin to work. Not sure if that's accurate, but it jives with our most recent experience at HRH - our room wasn't ready at arrival but we got a text 20 minutes later saying the room was ready. The keys they gave us were voided and we had to return to the desk to get new keys, the room number, and activate charging. I also learned the hard way that room charging stops at check-out. We had come from WDW, where I was used to them texting the room number to us and having magic band charging privileges until midnight on check-out day. No biggie, just know for next time now!

I would go for it. It's nice to not have a view of the highway or parking lot when you open the curtains.

I would try the lagoon view. It looks like some of the lagoon view rooms would have a nice view of Royal Pacific across the lagoon and possibly IOA.

We stayed at RPR in Dec 2015 in a refurbished room and thought is was wonderful. Loved everything about the hotel. Like the OP, though, I did have charges on the final bill at checkout that weren't mine. They had charged me for parking for a week but I didn't have a car! They were really nice and took the charges off right away though. I had forgotten about it till now actually. Sorry the OP didn't have a good experience.

We stayed at RPR in Dec 2015 in a refurbished room and thought is was wonderful. Loved everything about the hotel. Like the OP, though, I did have charges on the final bill at checkout that weren't mine. They had charged me for parking for a week but I didn't have a car! They were really nice and took the charges off right away though. I had forgotten about it till now actually. Sorry the OP didn't have a good experience.

We had a similar experience. They charged us for the water bottles in the room. We hadn't touched them. She immediately took them off without question but if I hadn't looked carefully I wouldn't have noticed. Apparently one needs to carefully review ones bill at RPR

We've also had the bottles of water charged on the room when we didn't use them at RPR.

It's always a good idea to check the charges before you check out. I travel off and on for work and I would bet a 1/3 of the places I have stayed have added charges for things I didn't use (safe fee, parking, minibar, water bottles, movies, etc.)

If caught prior to leaving the hotel, they usually fix it without question. If you don't catch it for a few days, it becomes much more difficult to find someone willing to take the charges off - even when you are a gold member of the chain (not Loews).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!