Just Back - some quick Highlights!!

7beasley

DIS Veteran
Had a wonderful vacation in WDW from Sept. 13th through Sept. 20th. Weather was HOT HOT HOT --- and humid. Not one drop of rain while we were there.

On Sunday went to Epcot -- not crowded at all. Rode Mission Space 1st - I did not like it - if you don't like rides like Body Wars, Star Tours etc...you might not like this -- I had a delayed reaction sickness to it - were I did not start to feel queasy until about 10 minutes later!

Crowds really not bad though - rode TT 2 times in morning and 2 times at night -- showed up to Illuminations 5 minutes before start and had a great view!

On Mon went to Universal - Shrek, the new 4D movie is great!

Tues was AK -- this park was extremely crowded for some reason - and other than the Safari and Dinasour - the other FP were not operating -- waited in line for 30 minutes for Kali River Rapids - which ticked me off because they have the FP machines for this ride - why not use them? When I complianed to a CM in line - I was told "Maam - 30 minutes is not a long wait - most people wait 90 minutes - you should be glad...to which I responded I would rather use my FP and wait 0 minutes.

Anyway - on Wed went to MK - that park was not crowded. In fact, Jungle Cruise's FP was also not open and when I asked about that - they said they do not open it unless there are more than 25K people in the park.

Best part of my trip was that we got to see Mickey's Philharmagic -- it was a cast member preview on the day we were there -- but after some begging and pleading - the CM let me and my husband in to see it as well!! We loved it - best part of our trip - this will be a huge crowd attraction when it opens in October.

Thursday was Islands of Adventure - our favorite ride - Popeye (which is like Kali River Rapids but better) was closed so we were disappointed with this park and only stayed 12-5.

Friday was MGM -- this park was fairly crowded too --- only one side of TOT was operating so the line was 30 mintues and at RNR it was 15 --- everything else though was either a walk on or less than 10 minute wait --- got to Fantasmic around 7:30 and had no trouble getting a seat.

Sat - our last day - went to Blizzard Beach -- fairly crowded as well. About a 15-20 minute wait for the chair lift and all the big slides were about a 10-15 minute wait. Had a fun day though!

All and all - a great trip ---- hot weather, low crowds, multiple times on the rides!!

I have posted an extensive dinner review as we ate at 5 nice PS while there! -- that can be found on the Restaurant page under the heading "Just back - here is where our $500+ went!"

Glad to answer any questions.

For all those leaving soon -- I am SO jealous --- I want to go back!!!! One week is not enough time. I am having severe Disney withdrawal.

Nicole

Thanks for the great report! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip.

The bit about the Fastpass machines bugged me--I think they should open the machines on moderate-crowd days too. I guess it's expensive for them, though, as it requires more CMs. Glad most of your wait times weren't too long, though.

I'm looking forward to seeing Philharmagic next year!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the report - glad you had a great time! We'll be there in a few weeks; and I'm hoping we'll have some great weather and some easy crowds too!!

Its our first time going to MNSSHP - can't wait! We've been to the MVMCP three times and love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter