Just back-Thanksgiving weekend dining reviews Part 1

S

susy

Our first goody of the trip was a turkey leg at the MK!!! I am including this as a restaurant review because we actually planned to do this for lunch (it was on our itinerary). For 4.69 we got this huge turkey leg. All three of us shared and it was enough. Delicious and well worth the $. We found a shady spot to sit down and eat. Rating:A

Dinner, Wed, Nov 26th- Whispering Canyon-

Delicious food and big portions. DH and I shared the meatloaf and DS had chicken legs. It was plenty and service was good. The waiter threws straws at our son, scolded the boy at the next able (all in fun) and DS really enjoyed the pony races. It wasn't too crowded, since our PS was at 5pm. Would definitely return! Rating:A

Thanksgiving dinner, Thurs. Nov 27th- Chef Mickey's-
We expected a long wait, the place to be packed, lots of noise and the buffet to be crowded. Instead, we got a table five minutes after we checked in, it was not at all crowded (about 6pm), avg noise for any restaurant, and the buffet line was non existent! The characters seemed a little hurried, but not too bad. teh food was pretty good. Again, all the raving that goes on over the mashed potatoes- I just expected more. Did not like the feel of the resort at all. It did look just like an airport. I don't know that I'd come back here just because there are just so many other good character meals at the parks. Rating:B-

Lunch, Fri, Nov 28th-Sci-Fi Dine In

Our PS was for 11:55 and we did have quite a wait, even though MGM wasn't that crowded. The restaurant is very dark inside. You might want to bring a pen light to read your menu, but it's a drive-in, so it's supposed to be dark! Dh and I split the reuben, DS had a corn dog, and mom and her DH split the penne pasta. All the food was yummy, but HUGE portions, so I recommend sharing and if you are still hungry get an appetizer or dessert .
May come back, but I prefer the Brown Derby or H&V to this one. Rating: B-

dinner, Fri, Nov 28th,Teppanyaki-

checked in and had a pretty long wait, but it was worth it!!!!! Our chef was magnificent. He did so many wonderful tricks. Our son laughed so hard that he fell out of his chair!!! food was scrumptious. Got lots of great pictures. The chef even took a picture with our son where he put the chef's hat on him and let him hold the salt/pepper shakers. This place was so much fun!!!
Best meal of the trip:A++

How long were your pretty long waits for priority seating?

Teppanyaki is our favorite too! We've been taking our kids there since they were small and it was the restaurant my DD insisted we eat at on our upcoming trip.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Where is Teppanyaki?? I assume Ecpot but what country? I've heard good things!!!

Allison an associate

For the great reviews,Teppanyaki is a must do on each visit for us.:wave2: ::yes::

Originally posted by tinkgrl
Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Where is Teppanyaki?? I assume Ecpot but what country? I've heard good things!!!

Allison an associate

It's in Japan. Teppanyaki is the type of cuisine where they cook on a flat grill right in front of you (like Bennihana, if you've ever been there). Very yummy!

Originally posted by tinkgrl
Hi,

Allison an associate

It is located in Japan, on the second floor above the department store.:D

Originally posted by CarolynK
It is located in Japan, on the second floor above the department store.:D

CarolynK,

Thanks!!! Is there an elevator? I am in a wheelchair. Thanks!

Allison an associate

CarolynK,
Thanks!!! Is there an elevator? I am in a wheelchair. Thanks!
Allison an associate
There is an elevator. It's on the outside of the department store, to the left of the store entrance.

Hi,

Loved your reviews! Now I'm looking for advice. Teppenyaki sounds like so much fun I'm not sure if we should go there or stick with Marrakesh (I've already made PS there). We have two children (DD 13 and DS 8) and I wanted something unique and fun for them at Epcot. (Not to mention my husband would enjoy the belly dancer!) So, what do you think? Stay at Marrakesh or switch to Teppenyaki???

Originally posted by slmjam
So, what do you think? Stay at Marrakesh or switch to Teppenyaki???

My kids LOVE Teppenyaki--Marrakesh, not so much. We ate at Marrakesh once, back when you made same day reservations once you got to Epcot, when our kids were 4 and 6. The same trip we ate at Teppenyaki. When we go back, they beg for Teppenayaki, but they've never asked to go back to Marrakesh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter