Just Back - Thoughts and Reviews, Days 3 & 4

dixiedizfan

DIS Veteran
Wednesday at MK was absolutely packed. We had a counter-service lunch at Cosmic Rays, and it was loaded with people, so we had to wait a good bit in line. Unfortunately in the line next to us was a dad with his screaming, and I mean screaming toddler. This kid was non-stop, and his dad did nothing to stop him, like he was used to it. Everyone was staring, and the cashier asked him if the boy was all right. The dad said he was fine, but if that was fine, I'd hate to see if he wasn't! Anyhow, we all got either burgers, hot dogs or salads, which were all okay. For dinner we had ADRs for 5:10 at Crystal Palace. We had to wait about 20 minutes or so, but it was worth it ... the food was sooo good! A huge selection of roasted meats, salmon, casseroles, salads, vegies, and breads. Everything was fresh and delicious, even the wonderful desserts. All of us commented on how surprised we were that the food was so good; we'll definitely eat here again. This is a character-dining place, but we were there for the food only. The great thing is that the characters could sense this (since we have older teens), and they stopped just long enough to put an arm around our daughter before moving on. Perfect!

Thursday was Epcot day, and we had noon ADRs for Chefs de France. I wanted to sit by a window and we did; but we were in the side room, not the main one. Oh well. Our server was Pierre, whose thick accent was very hard to understand. We started off with onion soup, soup of the day (vegetable), lobster bisque, and a salad. DD's salad dressing had barely any taste at all, very bland. DS liked his bisque okay, and my onion soup was excellent. But poor DH's soup was just like split-pea; the vegetables must have been pureed, because there sure weren't any to be found in the bowl. We just figured that's how the French like their soup. For entrees we had the salmon, half chicken, Angus burger, and toasted ham & cheese sandwich. My sandwich was delicious, but it was served with that same bland salad. DD said she liked the salmon at Crystal Palace better. DS liked his burger just fine; it came with crispy shoestring fries. And DH's chicken was just as bland-tasting as the salad. Again, we figured this was how French cuisine tastes, and we're just not used to it. And they put tomatoes with everything ... the French must love tomatoes. Unfortunately we were all too full for dessert, as I'm sure that would have been the best part.

We had dinner at Le Cellier. Our ADRs were for 6:30, and we had to wait a good long while (while people were being turned away left and right), but it was worth the wait. For appetizers we had two cheese soups, smoked salmon, and beef & barley soup, and of course those wonderful breadsticks. The only thing was the cheese soup was barely lukewarm, but it was so good I didn't complain. For entrees we had prime rib and three maple-glazed filets. All excellent and cooked perfectly. DH loved his large and tasty prime rib. Desserts were whiskey cake, blueberry buckle (very good) and DD and I shared a chocolate moose. Wow, that moose has really shrunk from when we used to get it! It is half the size it used to be. And the raspberry eyes and nose have been replaced with M&Ms ... so sad. But all in all, this meal was the best we had all week.

Stay tuned for Days 5 & 6 which include Columbia Harbour House, 'Ohana, Boma breakfast, and Wolfgang Puck Express.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter