Just back

Tank

Mouseketeer
Just got back, had a great trip. If anyone has any questions on fastpass just ask. It took me a couple of days to master but once I figured it out we never waited in a line again. The parks were the most crowded I've ever seen them is Oct. The first night of Wishes was a crowd disaster. I didn't have acess to this site so I don't know if anyone posted about it. It took us two hours to get to ASM after Wishes on opening night. Except for that one problem everything else was magical. Philharmagic was fabulous. My DW loved it so much we saw it four times. DD5 favorite was test track. DS2 had two favorites, Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear, we also did both of those four times. I love it all but if I had to pick one it would be splash mountain.
If anyone has any questions just ask.

I keep trying to come up with an alternative plan for leaving MK after Wishes. I can't decide if we should just stay put and be the last to exit or if we should try to rush out. Did you try any other paths than monorail to bus. I have read that you can monorail to Contemporary first and then go to TTC leaving some of the crowd behind.

I would love to hear your success stories with fastpass. Did you have a certain strategy?

Everyone is talking about "wishes" I know I'm out of the loop but what is it.:confused:

Just got back also. 3 day trip - MNSSHP was awesome as usual! Wishes is the new fireworks show-------FANTASTIC! So is PhilarMagic. Next trip in about 5 weeks for the MVMCP!::MickeyMo

There was somebody there, wasn't there??? We stood next to Dumbo to watch, then hoofed it to Toontown to catch a train. Whoops! No doing! Conductor said the Fire Marshall had to give clearance before they could run the train and he didn't know when that might be...could be 9:30, might not.
Now 9:00 WISHES was over about 9:15, right? So I'm not going to stand still and wait on an unsure train. We take off on the back trail to Tomorrowland and we're the only souls on it. When we got thru The Plaza and hitting Main Street, it was god-awful.
We did our little pushing, shoving, baby-steps thing and made it out in one piece (well, two pieces since it was DD9 and me). We went to the bus stop and you wouldn't believe the line for Movies...JUST Movies, mind you. They had 3 separate stops on this night. We had to stand in line just to be able to get into line in the que area!!! Well, they loaded 2 buses for Movies out at the same time, then when the outside one pulled off, another one pulled up and we jumped on it and sat. It was 9:50 and we were home at 10:10. We didn't do badly at all. After all, MK and MGM were the only things still open that they needed to bus from.
They had a 2nd showing of Fantasmic at 9:30, so it wasn't over yet, so they seemed to be really pushing to get us home. It was the same at EPCOT on Wednesday night. Nowhere else was open, so they were standing at the bus-stop with radios and keeping the buses pouring in once IllumiNations was over. Melanie

I heard rumors on this board that fastpasses didn't expire. On the second day there we were running late on our only fastpass so I thought I would give it a try. I asked the CM if it was ok to use our fastpass even though it was expired. She said they don't care if your late, only early. Once I heard this I figured out the way to go with the fastpass. On our next day at MK I ran to Buzz while DW took the kids to dumbo. I got the first fastpass for 10am and still made it to dumbo to ride. At 10:05 you can get your second FP. So while the wife and kids rode IaSW. I hoofed over to SplashMountain. The return was only 10:30. I was on my way back when I remembered reading that the Haunted mansion was not hooked up to the other FP machines so I thought what the heck, I tried and got FP for 12:15. At 10:15 I had three FP and could get another at 10:35. Because we got there at opening we rode and saw everything in fantisyland by 11. We walked over to tommorow land and got a FP for Space mountain with a return of 12:10. we did the people mover, and astro orbiter. then headed over to Pirates. This was our longest wait, about 15 Min. then the kids got is line for autographs of the Genie and I went to Jungle cruize and got a FP for 3:00 By one the parks were packed but we had 5 fastpasses. With all the rides haveing waits of 45 min to 1 hr by then those FP saved me at least four hours of waiting. We were never even questioned about missing our window, they just waved us through.
Sorry this was so long. The trick is get them early before the return time is to long. Good Luck!

Wow!

I'm really happy to read your secrets about fastpass, as I'm going next January with DD6, DS9 and my DH and they hate to wait in lines !

Thanks a lot !

:Pinkbounc

never used fast pass, hopefully will be dead enough not to this trip but someone said they only give out so many per day for attraction so it would seem if a lot keep them and use them later you couldn't get one when you really need it..true or false?

Tank -

Thanks for the great FP tip!!!! I was starting to stress about all the crowds, but I feel better now!!!:bounce:

Jann1033, yes they do have a limited number of FP per day, which i assume is the reason they don't expire. They plan on having them all come back and are prepared for it. I agree about only taking the FP that you will actually use. Many days I could have gotten several more for later in the evening but since we usually left around 6 I didn't take any for times after that. My DD5 was the real lucky one, since my DS2 was usually too small for most rides, we used the child watcher swap option with FP and she always got to ride twice. With hour waits posted she got to ride twice in 15 Min.

Hi, thank you for your posts. They will probably save me time. What is the child watcher swap option???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter