Just booked @ BCV! Now lots of ?'s

OnTheWay2Diz

Earning My Ears
I am beside myself I am so excited!! This will be our first trip to WDW and we can not wait...going in June.

After much thought and research I bit the bullet and booked a one bedroom at BCV. I had agonized over this forever and thought to myself that if I could just make a decision and book the room, I could then move on to planning other aspects of the trip. However, just moments after hanging up from CRO, my brain was flooded with questions so I figured you guys would be my best sorce of info.

I think the main thing I am wanting to know is what kind of views there are. I ask the CRO (who had only been there a few months) what kind of view it was after he told me we would have a full balcony. He said he didn't know. I thought you had a choice????????? Anybody know this? Is there a map I can look at? I went to the BC/YC thread on this board but there didn't seem to be much mention of the Villas.

Also, I've read some of you mention things about "ordering groceries" and they are there when you arrive. Can I do this? How do you go about it? The very last thing I want to do when we get there is go food shopping. UGH! I have to do that enough at home! LOL

OK, last question for now...how close are we to MGM and the Boardwalk everyone keeps talking about? I know we will be with in walking distance to Epcot, right? Anything else? Did I make a good choice?????????

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!:smooth:

Lets see, there are essentially 4 views, pool view, garden view, courtyard view and woods/wetlands view. The higher floors of some of the woods/wetlands and the garden views will see illuminations fireworks.

As far as walking distance, you will be about 5 minutes from Epcot, 5-7 minutes from Boardwalk and about 15-20 minutes from MGM. There is also a boat for MGM

Someone else will have to help you with the grocery delivery. We usually have our town car service stop at the grocery store on our way in from the airport. DVC members can order from DVC and have their fridge stocked. But, you can also order from Netgrocers which I have never done. Also, the general store at BC has quite a few essential groceries.

You will have a great time at the BCV. This is our favorite resort. Any questions feel free to ask.

My dh and I stayed there in Sept. and absolutely loved it! We had a studio with an Epcot view. There are a bunch of different views you could have -- and all at varying distances from BC. Our studio was pretty far out from the main hotel, but very quiet and right near an elevator that took us down to the quiet pool. We loved it! There are other rooms that have views of the quiet pool, some that have courtyard views of the other villas and some that are closer to the main hotel and the entrance to Epcot. Personally, I hope we get the same area we were in last time when we go again in May with our kids... It seemed that the rooms that were closer to Epcot could be noisy with the music and fireworks, etc. Anyway, I don't believe there is a map of BCV readily accessible on the web. I distinctly remember a thread within the past month or two in which someone had asked if anyone knew of one, and there were no affirmative responses. Have you looked at the trip reports board for BCV? You can do so by clicking on this link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/newroomlist.cfm?type=BC-C

The BCV are AMAZINGLY close to Epcot -- much closer than BWV or BWI. It's a 5-minute walk from much of the property to the Epcot World Showcase entrance. MGM is a much longer walk... We never attempted that one! We simply took the boat, which was a pleasant ride. I believe it just stopped at the Swan/Dolphin on the way over and at the S/D and BW on the way back.

As far as food delivery, I can't be of any help, unfortunately... Most people I know who've stayed at the various DVC properties have simply stopped off at a grocery store on the way over to WDW at the beginning of their trip... Perhaps someone on the DVC board could answer that question for you.

Anyway, if you have any other questions that I could help with, feel free to let me know.

Hope you and your family have a great trip -- you will adore BCV, so just relax and have fun planning!!! :)

Take care,
Sarah

OntheWay2Diz, I just sent you a PM. I hope the link works, it's a printable grocery list you can FAX to the BCV a few days before you leave. You can also pick up the same groceries at the gift shop just inside the BC. You can't book a particular view at BCV, there isn't a price structure for Epcot vs. pool view, but you can certainly request one. Keep in mind that requests are primarily honored by order of booking and DVC members often book the rooms 11 months out. The Epcot views are very popular, you might have better luck asking for a canal/pool view. Anyway, you'll love BCV!

Let me clear up a few things. FIrst, not all of the rooms have full balconies. Next, a great many of them have no Epcot view at all.

We were in one last month, there was a small "Standing balcony" for our 1BR. It was off the LR. No balcony off the BR at all. It looked directly over the pool. You can request a full balcony or Epcot view, but neither is guaranteed. (I believe they are trying to give DVC members staying on points the better rooms/views, although I was and certainly didn't get either.)

The Intl. Gateway of Epcot is no more than about ten minutes from any room, MGM is a good 20 minutes or so.

As far as groceries, yes, you can fax in an order, but they are VERY expensive. A service charge is added to the order on top of the already expensive prices.

I'd suggest stopping quickly at the Kash and Karry or Publix that are literally right off the Greenway on the way from teh airport. Neither is ever crowded, and the prices and selection are great.

Anne

ducklite... a think you are giving the wrong impression when you say "standing balcony". There are balconies over at the BC that are literally "standing balconies". They will not even fit a chair out there. The smallest balconies at BCV hold at least two chairs and a table. These are considered "full balconies".

Originally posted by Terry S
ducklite... a think you are giving the wrong impression when you say "standing balcony". There are balconies over at the BC that are literally "standing balconies". They will not even fit a chair out there. The smallest balconies at BCV hold at least two chairs and a table. These are considered "full balconies".

That's where you are mistaken. The villa I just stayed in at the BCV did NOT have room for two tables and a chair on the balcony. It was a small balcony, just slightly larger than the standing balconies in the main building at the BC. It only had room for one chair!

Anne

Wow Anne! I apoligize! Did you see anymore like yours? Was it somewhere in a corner or something? I walked around that building about a hundred times looking at the sizes of the balconies and didn't see any that small. I am hoping that yours was an isolated one because of its location. Do you remember where it was and possibly a room number so that I can avoid it?

It was on the thrid floor, and we noticed that there were several like this. It didn't really matter on this trip, because we were there during the second week of January and it was freezing, we only went out quickly to see how cold it was. Had the weather been pleasant I would have been dissappointed in the least.

Anne

Thanks to all you guys for the great (and quick!) information on the BCV! Also thanks for the links and stuff, will follow-up on all of them.

I am going to call back in the next few days and tell them to put a no smoking request on my reservations as I forgot to mention it when I made the initial call. My daughter has horrible allergies and this is a must...hope they can accomodate at least that request. As for the view, from what you guys have said, it sounds like most any view will be nice. As long as we aren't looking out over a parking lot or the back of a building I will be pretty happy!

I am beyond excited!! The more I read the boards the bigger my Disney-induced grin becomes!! Thanks to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter