Southwest April 2018

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Southwest opened this am and I booked our flight from BDL to MCO…$134 per person. I am actually really excited with this price and got the time I wanted too!

I'm bummed. I need 3 tix for ATL to San Juan, PR for a cruise leaving on 3/31/18. They want $534/pp one-way. :sad: I guess I'll be exploring other options...:magnify:

Same here. Prices out of Bwi were nothing special.
Yes. I just checked flights out of BWI and they seem high. We were going to go on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and it is over $2000 for the four of us.

So I thought how about go to Disney. Nope still crazy high.

OP here...I was actually REALLY surprised our flight was so reasonable, considering this is heading into Spring Break here here in the NE. Hoping the flights home are just as reasonable!

The SW prices and points are insane compared to years past the same week. We need flights from CLE to FLL 3/23-3/31 for a cruise and they want 26k points or $600 one way!!

I need to book flights but have no idea what to do. We usually can get 3RT tickets for about 50k points. I have 55k available.

Any ideas or tips?

I hope they are affordable for April 13-20th! I am waiting for SW on Aug 28 now to see, or book with SPirit out of BDL! Glad you got a great price out of BDL!

The SW prices and points are insane compared to years past the same week. We need flights from CLE to FLL 3/23-3/31 for a cruise and they want 26k points or $600 one way!!

I need to book flights but have no idea what to do. We usually can get 3RT tickets for about 50k points. I have 55k available.

Any ideas or tips?

Be flexible with your airline. I love Southwest but am totally airline agnostic when it results in a better price (except Spirit...)

I hope they are affordable for April 13-20th! I am waiting for SW on Aug 28 now to see, or book with SPirit out of BDL! Glad you got a great price out of BDL!

I am waiting to book the same dates too. Fingers crossed! Based on the prices for jet blue and delta for that time frame, I am worried south west is going to be crazy too!

I am waiting to book the same dates too. Fingers crossed! Based on the prices for jet blue and delta for that time frame, I am worried south west is going to be crazy too!
this is why I am super tempted to book with Spirit in person tomorrow. flying out on the 12th can save money too as of right now. paying for seat assignments and using the free personal item as can book for 1,273ish for 3 people

I've been watching the southwest release prices for the past 3 releases and the prices seem to be getting higher with each release. Also less non-stop options. Seems that Spirit and Frontier are the new low cost carriers-no longer Jetblue and a bit concerned SW is headed in the same direction as Jetblue and Delta etc.

I've been watching the southwest release prices for the past 3 releases and the prices seem to be getting higher with each release. Also less non-stop options. Seems that Spirit and Frontier are the new low cost carriers-no longer Jetblue and a bit concerned SW is headed in the same direction as Jetblue and Delta etc.

I am know worried about southwest being high too. I am planning to be up when they post at 6am. I have points in my chase account that I was planning to transfer for south west so I can book, but now I worried if I should not transfer because if the prices are crazy, I will not want to pay them but my points will be all with southwest. I am not sure what to do.

totally true!

Southwest tends to step away from competition, especially for a leisure route like Orlando. They stepped away from other airline's hubs like Detroit and Philadelphia. Rather than have fares driven down by a low cost carrier, they just move flights to more profitable route.

I can't speak for other airports, but in 2015 our tickets from BDL to MCO for Spring Break on Southwest were $400 each, round-trip. At the rate I just got yesterday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these won't be more than $300 round trip. I guess I'll have to wait and see when August 28th opens up for our return flight.

I used to be a Southwest snob out of Akron/Canton--they left, and I refuse to route through Atlanta flying out of CLE. I went to the airport last week, and I got 4 one way tickets on spirit for our April 28, 2018 flight down for $88.80 total. One of my 4 is a lap child, but since flights are so reasonable he gets his own seat! Yes, I will have to pay for 2-3 checked bags at $30-$35 each because we go for 10 nights, but for under $175.00 one way for a family of 4 and an 8am non stop flight getting you to Orlando by 1020am I will choose them every time.

I also went to the airport the week prior, and I got flights for a last minute August weekend trip (we are AP holders) for August 19-21 for the 4 of us for $176.00 total. We will not need any checked bags. Add in 2 nights at POP, and we have a weekend at Disney World for less than we would spend to get into the local amusement park for a day. :jumping1:

I used to be a Southwest snob out of Akron/Canton--they left, and I refuse to route through Atlanta flying out of CLE. I went to the airport last week, and I got 4 one way tickets on spirit for our April 28, 2018 flight down for $88.80 total. One of my 4 is a lap child, but since flights are so reasonable he gets his own seat! Yes, I will have to pay for 2-3 checked bags at $30-$35 each because we go for 10 nights, but for under $175.00 one way for a family of 4 and an 8am non stop flight getting you to Orlando by 1020am I will choose them every time.

I also went to the airport the week prior, and I got flights for a last minute August weekend trip (we are AP holders) for August 19-21 for the 4 of us for $176.00 total. We will not need any checked bags. Add in 2 nights at POP, and we have a weekend at Disney World for less than we would spend to get into the local amusement park for a day. :jumping1:

I just checked them for my date…the base fare is $80, if I add just one checked bag and one carry-on, it goes up to $147…No thank you. Southwest is $134 and INCLUDES 2 checked bags which I usually end up bringing since it's an 11 night trip. Sometimes I'll just check a bag with cereal and snacks and use that one for souvenirs on the way home. I'll stick with Southwest.

I just checked them for my date…the base fare is $80, if I add just one checked bag and one carry-on, it goes up to $147…No thank you. Southwest is $134 and INCLUDES 2 checked bags which I usually end up bringing since it's an 11 night trip. Sometimes I'll just check a bag with cereal and snacks and use that one for souvenirs on the way home. I'll stick with Southwest.

I would watch the prices everyday. I did this for our October trip as well, and I jumped on them when they went down to under $130.00 round trip for 2 people (again going to the airport---because they were over $300.00 for 2 people for the longest time.) I don't have many non stop options where I live. It is Spirit, Frontier, or United. With a 13 month old, layovers are out! The day I booked last week they were $40 each one way. They are up to $69 each one way today for the same flight. I also go to the airport, so I get about $18 off every single ticket because I don't pay the passenger usage fee when I buy at the desk. So, my base is $22.20 now....add a bag, and I am still making out much better that I ever would have on Southwest. I was paying about $750 roundtrip on Southwest for 3 people when we were able to use them nonstop. Plus, I would have to pay to park at the airport because it was about 50 minutes away from where we live. You definitely got lucky on your Southwest price. I rarely see people saying things about their great fares anymore.... Fingers crossed return flights are the same or less! My May return date is only out on a couple of airlines right now which is OK. I need to pay for these next 2 trips first! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter