Just booked our summer trip!!

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
After much debate of where to stay etc. etc. We ended up booking 4 nights at a l bedroom at Bay Lake, then 4 nights in a 1 bedroom/pool view at Boardwalk. We've gotten spoiled being able to walk to the parks. Now onto dining! Trying to think of a good "first night" dinner at each resort area! Suggestions would be appreciated!

Not all that impressed with the BLT dining, but a short monorail ride to the Poly for Kona café or O'hana's is a favorite. Then at BWV stroll or boat over to Cape May Café for a great Clam Bake. Have a great trip.

After much debate of where to stay etc. etc. We ended up booking 4 nights at a l bedroom at Bay Lake, then 4 nights in a 1 bedroom/pool view at Boardwalk. We've gotten spoiled being able to walk to the parks. Now onto dining! Trying to think of a good "first night" dinner at each resort area! Suggestions would be appreciated!
WoW, Congrats...You scored 2 great resorts!

Ohana's used to be our Kickoff Classic, until last year...We always visit MK on the 1st day so, that's why we headed to O'hanas..2 years ago we discovered the Wave & last year switched it up, and made that our 1st nighter. Obviously very convenient for you being at BLT

Boardwalk is fairly tough because of the array of places to dine...We've found a few gems just a stroll away at the Swolphin. It all kinda depends on what you're in the mood for over there. Or head on over to the Never Fail, Flying Fish Cafe...:thumbsup2 Have a great trip..

Congrats! I was just booking some dining for our summer trip. We are starting with 3 nights at HHI and then 5 nights at VGF (first stay).

We own at BLT, love the resort and location. I like the walkway to MK,and being on Bay Lake. I agree with the comments on the Wave restaurant, hidden gem.
You are a boat ride from WL, Whispering Canyon is a fun spot. My DH loves Artist Point at WL. I just booked us a coupes dinner there.

Good luck with your planning.

Thanks, we love the wave too! Almost forgot about that spot! Right now we booked Paddlefish at Disney springs for the first night at BL. Have never been, I know it gets mixed reviews, but wanted to try something different. We like to head to Disney springs our first night. Over at BW, we've done Yachtman's steakhouse in the past, and has always been excellent, but maybe this year we'll try something new-so many choices over at the Boardwalk are.

For your kick off meal, I'd suggest the Wave at the Contemporary. It's really a hidden gem of a restaurant.

I really enjoy California Grill but reservations can be difficult to get. Not a big fan of the other contemporary options, however my two boys (9&13) love the chef mickeys breakfast buffet. I agree with the other poster that Kona Cafe and Ohana are great options. also a short monorail ride if you want a fancier dinner is Citricos in Floridian, been here several times and it’s always great.

Thanks, we love the wave too! Almost forgot about that spot! Right now we booked Paddlefish at Disney springs for the first night at BL. Have never been, I know it gets mixed reviews, but wanted to try something different. We like to head to Disney springs our first night. Over at BW, we've done Yachtman's steakhouse in the past, and has always been excellent, but maybe this year we'll try something new-so many choices over at the Boardwalk are.
We went to paddlefish on our Thanksgiving Trip and the reviews from our family were mixed, one thing we all agreed on is that the service was outstanding.

We like DS for our first night too. My guys love Raglan Road, so we will be there again this trip. Last time, we were seated righ up front and the entertainment was so much fun.

The summer can not come fast enough. But I do love the he planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!