Just canceled - Bummed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It stinks. Until last year we went to WDW every year for Christmas. This year we're going to California on a road trip. The most expensive leg of our trip is in Disneyland. I almost dropped DL from our plans but decided to keep it in. Can't see being in Cali and not stopping at DL.

My cousin is booking a trip to WDW next year and asked us to come along. I quickly priced the 5-day trip to WDW and it will cost the same as our estimate for a road trip down PCH: Rental car, flights across country, hotel stays, and food.

It's all about how you do it. Our WDW trips are far more expensive than DLR per day. We stay on site there and eat lots of TS meals. At DLR, we don't stay on site and eat mostly quick service. (DLR has much better quick service than WDW does, while WDW has better and more varied TS.) Of course, flights to FL from CA are also far more expensive than driving to DLR, but even without that factored in, DLR is cheaper for us. But that's because we're not staying on site, really.

A road trip down PCH sounds fantastic. I did something similar when I was a kid and would love to again. We keep driving the quick boring way down the state to get to DLR. ;) CA is a beautiful state; enjoy your trip!

Just to update this thread: the OP has posted in another thread that they now have reservations at the GCH. So everything worked out for them and I'm going to close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter