Just curious memory maker yay or nay?

Memory maker

• Total voters

looking4themouse2

Mouseketeer
I have never used this service when I spoke with my TA she didn't think it was worth it because it was just as easy to take shots with my phone, but I keep second guessing it so please give me your opinions.

We got ours for free with our UK Tickets instead of DisneyQuest which used to be the offer. It was amazing. My BF and I never have photos together because it's usually just the 2 of us. However having the option we made a point of getting as many photos as we could and also doing the phone magic shots too!

I like having it, especially since you get your ride photos with it as well. You can ask and CM to take your picture with your camera (or phone) including the Memory Maker photographers. I just like that it is all in one place on the computer and so easy with magic bands.

My son and I both have APs and it comes with them, I had it ever since it's been offered for free and we used it once at Christmas to get a shot in front of the castle. I go on a lot of solo trips and still don't use it. It really depends on what you want. If you want to be in the shot, then yes it might be worth it. Neither I nor my son like having our picture taken, we both run the other way when a camera is pulled out so for us, no, we wouldn't buy it. We used to get one shot in front of the hat every time we went but after they took the hat down, we just haven't found something we want to wait in line to get our picture in front of. We just paid for that one shot when we got it. The ride shots are cute but, again, we wouldn't pay for them.

I'm one of the few that didn't get it and didn't really miss it. I have tons of great pictures from the trip that I took for free.

In my opinion, it's one of the best values at WDW. I usually come home with around 500 photos. Since prints cost about $15 each buying from Disney, if you even get 10 pictures you like, you've made your money back. I get WAY more than ten out of all the ones we have taken. Family pictures in front of each park icon, magic shots, ride photos...those are worth it to me. Plus there are lots of other photographers around the park in front of all kinds of fun scenery. Even better, many of the photobooths are hooked up to the system, and you get digital copies of the photobooth strips AND the individual pictures that make up the photostrips. Oh, and some ride videos are included as well! Tower of Terror and 7 Dwarfs do videos. Sometimes, there are magic shot style videos too, where characters walk into your still photos and do fun things.

But...

it really just comes down to what you find value in. For me, the pictures are fun, and many are something I wouldn't have if the photographer just took my camera or phone (in terms of magic shots, photobooth, etc...)

Good luck making your decision and have an amazing trip!!

My son and I both have APs and it comes with them, I had it ever since it's been offered for free and we used it once at Christmas to get a shot in front of the castle. I go on a lot of solo trips and still don't use it. It really depends on what you want. If you want to be in the shot, then yes it might be worth it. Neither I nor my son like having our picture taken, we both run the other way when a camera is pulled out so for us, no, we wouldn't buy it. We used to get one shot in front of the hat every time we went but after they took the hat down, we just haven't found something we want to wait in line to get our picture in front of. We just paid for that one shot when we got it. The ride shots are cute but, again, we wouldn't pay for them.
I'm like you as far as photos go but my dbf and my DD is just the opposite and really it is nice to be able to have those memories stored in one place.

I loved it. We had just under 400 pictures. It was so nice to have so many with our whole family! We stopped for pics often if there was a photographer with no line. I am obsessed about pictures though. The one and only panic attack I've ever experienced was when I thought a flash drive with my daughter's birth was lost.

We always get it. My wife is a picture fanatic and to just be able to enjoy yourself without having to fiddle with a camera all the time is worth it to me. Even if she makes me stop and take pictures with characters. When you consider the amount of professional quality pics you wind up with, it's a bargain.

We got it on our last trip, and we will always get it from now on! I love taking photos, but I was never in the photos -- and now that we have kids, I want to be able to have photos of all of us together. We ended up with a lot of different photos, even though we only did one day at MK plus the Halloween party; we're doing all four parks in May, and I can't imagine how many photos we're going to come back with!

Never go without MM on our trips. Hundreds of photos and we are all in them! Otherwise if we want a group photo someone has to hold the camera, etc and the photos look kind of boring. We love editing our MM photos and we don't even do professional family or child photos on years when we go to WDW. We just use MM. It's awesome!

We regretted not buying MM last year but we are for our upcoming honeymoon. It was sad when the 600+ pictures/videos got deleted after our vacation. When that happened I thought to myself wow we should of bought it. Such great pictures and really nice quality.

I just purchased MM for a third time, because of all the fun and magical shots we could never have taken ourselves. Also, dressing up the photos with borders, etc, is something our DGSs can now do, and we all just love the ride photos and video clips.

We never go out of our way to get the photos done or stand and wait but have made a pact to stop whenever we see a photographer with only one or two groups in line. It is our MM strategy and has worked well. We come home with many great pictures without seeming to slow down our park touring.

Worth every penny! We spent thousands on our trip, and I wanted really good photos to remember it! It was also nice to have our whole family in the pictures, if we didn't use memory maker it would've been harder to have us all in the pictures. Plus, the magic shots were fun.

I love Memory Maker. I love taking pictures, but with Memory Maker, I can be in my pictures. I travel solo a lot, and so having pictures of myself is super nice. The photographers do a good job. I also hand them my iPhone and they take my picture with it. I can then send those iPhone pics home to my friends, and family right away. They get a kick out of that, and it adds a lot of fun, for me and them of my trip. Considering how many pictures I end up with, I consider the cost reasonable. At first, I didn't like the downloadable process versus the original CD, but I have learned how to do that easy process. They give you plenty of time, after your trip to download your pics. You can also see them right away during your trip, and download them too, if you like. I sometimes add the borders and other additions as well. I think Memory Maker is a good product/service.

I think it is such a great value! We got it on our last trip and will now get it every time! I love that they take so many picture while meeting the characters. We came home with over 200 pictures on it!

We love it. Makes us stop at every photographer for a few shots. We use themy for Christmas cards. With so many to choose from, that works best for us. Also love the fact that we get all the ride photos too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!