Just curious-re BCV lovers

Yep. They are likely to use the parking lot for the convention center expansion, then move the parking lot to whatever corner they can pave over.
So what about the patrons of the Beach Club? Will we have a place to park, or will it be like the parking situation at the Boardwalk?

So what about the patrons of the Beach Club? Will we have a place to park, or will it be like the parking situation at the Boardwalk?

Unknown, as of today they aren't charging for resort parking, IMO that will change in the future. Since convention space makes them money and parking doesn't convention space wins.

:earsboy: Bill

Guests at the BW have a place to park, it just isn't nearly as convenient as at the BC. So do guests at BLT - which had a parking issue when all that was there was the Contemporary.

We just stayed for the first time at BCV and I liked everything about the resort except for SAB, which was kind of disappointing because I was really looking forward to experiencing this mythical pool. At least I have now cured my BCV addonitis. The proximity to Epcot was my favorite feature followed by the decor.

See, I think that BWV has the better location of the two. It's only a slightly longer walk to Epcot and the boat is a real option there to take to/from Epcot. It also provide a relatively short walk to DHS. And IMO it has a better slide than SAB. :goodvibes

With the changes at the Marketplace the pluses to BCV for me are now SAB environment itself although I hate that the shortest walk to it means going thru the lobby, and the parking provides easy access to the villas without any hassle that sometimes comes with BWV. Otherwise location and views at BWV are better than BCV.
I can see that, I do love the BWV views just the decor for some reason doesn't fit my vibe, nor does the clown pool. I will say with the SW Land being built DHS is going to give Epcot for its money on the next trip for the proximity to both. Normally we don't spend much time in DHS, but we just might by the next trip.

I can see that, I do love the BWV views just the decor for some reason doesn't fit my vibe, nor does the clown pool. I will say with the SW Land being built DHS is going to give Epcot for its money on the next trip for the proximity to both. Normally we don't spend much time in DHS, but we just might by the next trip.

Resort decor or room decor?

Resort decor or room decor?

Room decor more than resort decor, to me it just feels kind of ... dated. The exterior of the BW resort decor is nice, but the interior isn't my style either. Style-wise I love clean lines and modernity, my favorite is BLT which I know many people find boring/sterile, but will never buy there because MK is the park we go to the least since we can and do go to Disneyland for weekends much more frequently than we get out to the East Coast.

Room decor more than resort decor, to me it just feels kind of ... dated. The exterior of the BW resort decor is nice, but the interior isn't my style either. Style-wise I love clean lines and modernity, my favorite is BLT which I know many people find boring/sterile, but will never buy there because MK is the park we go to the least since we can and do go to Disneyland for weekends much more frequently than we get out to the East Coast.

It's very similar to BCV - just more green toned than the blues used at BCV. At least to me they both seem to be similar, regular, boring hotel room designs. ::yes::

At least to me they both seem to be similar, regular, boring hotel room designs. ::yes::

Yeah, they used to be themed and unique, but those days are long gone. The latest refurb stripped away most of the character in favor of simplicity.

Wow, I love the colors of the new BCV rooms.

Well, you're wrong.

HAH! Just kidding. :)

I like the colors but most of the themed elements are gone. It's nice enough, but is a lot more generic. I'll take it if they refurb more often, but it's still a bummer.

Wow, I love the colors of the new BCV rooms.

Color is ok (although I'm not a "blue" room color - that's what my room was my entire adolescent life when what I wanted was purple!) It's just that it's so generic hotel design. I can get that anywhere. But I think the same thing about Starbucks in the parks too. :) So I still go to the Joffey's stands.

It is funny. My DSis and a friend shared a BCV studio across the hall from us this summer. I mentioned to them that the decor gets bashed here on the DIS. We all enjoy it. The rug in the hall is especially nice, we think.

Last edited:
It is funny. My DSis and a friend shared a BCV studio across the hall from us this summer. I mentioned to them that the decor gets bashed here on the DIS. We all enjoy it. The rug in the hall is especially nice, we think.

The hall rug is good. It actually isn't run of the mill and even has hidden Mickey's.

Bashing? It's just about how it's just regular hotel - can't say I exactly feel it's bashing - rather different expectations for a room at Disney. I like a few whimsical things in the rooms. My nephew and his wife were along with me a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't said a thing to them and they were pretty disappointed that there were no hidden Mickey's in the room and that there was not much related to Disney. The one hidden Mickey is at the bar. It was built into the wood - couldn't be removed.

Maybe it's just that I travel enough to other places that don't have the same opportunity so that's also what they look like. Disney hotels could have some good fun - there's so much that can be produced these days.

This thread is way after our visit. I remember reading very negative things. I was referring to older threads, obviously!

I have said this before, but the resort still has references to Cape May, NJ, my town! Perhaps, I have rose colored glasses.

Bobbi:)

The hall rug is good. It actually isn't run of the mill and even has hidden Mickey's.

Bashing? It's just about how it's just regular hotel - can't say I exactly feel it's bashing - rather different expectations for a room at Disney. I like a few whimsical things in the rooms. My nephew and his wife were along with me a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't said a thing to them and they were pretty disappointed that there were no hidden Mickey's in the room and that there was not much related to Disney. The one hidden Mickey is at the bar. It was built into the wood - couldn't be removed.

Maybe it's just that I travel enough to other places that don't have the same opportunity so that's also what they look like. Disney hotels could have some good fun - there's so much that can be produced these days.

The hidden Mickeys in the hall were the best way to keep my girls walking when we were going to and from the parks. Are there hidden Mickeys in the rooms? (I know, I'm lame and should have just looked myself when I was there, but we didn't see any.)

The hidden Mickeys in the hall were the best way to keep my girls walking when we were going to and from the parks. Are there hidden Mickeys in the rooms? (I know, I'm lame and should have just looked myself when I was there, but we didn't see any.)

The only hidden Mickey we found in the villas was in the 1 and 2BR's. They had Mickey designs in the supports for the counter bar back when BCV was first built. I'm just guessing but since the only one left in the larger villas was that design there may not be any in the studios as I don't recall anything similar built into the architecture in that size villa. Maybe they did something in the artwork though.

Here's a photo from allears showing the "Hidden Mickey" under the breakfast bar.
bcv92.jpg

My thoughts are that they generic the rooms for older resorts while doing a great job on the new resorts. That is another way that the drive buyers to direct purchases. The pool at BRV is quite an upgrade from the old pool and I am sure that the guides use it as a CCV selling feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!