• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back! DDP REVEIWS! Soa,Canyon,Capt.Jacks, Coral etc.

wiskband

I can't wait till tomorrow....why? because I get b
Hi all, I just got back 2 days ago. We had such a wonderful time. First off let me start by saying that this is the BEST time of year to go. NO LINES anywhere! The rides had no wait or stated there was a wait adn there was none! The restaurants of course were packed but we never waited more than 10 minutes (W/Ressies) at any place. We went to the following:
Spirit of Aloha
Coral reef
liberty tree tavern
Wispering canyon (OOP)
capt.jacks
hollywood and vine.

Spirit of Aloha....... I read so much about this show/dinner and was so concerned it was not going to be worth 2 TS but then again I didnt pay for it so I took a chance. I think I was even more concerned that my children (ages 13,10,7 and 4) were not going to like it. I have to say, this place was AWSOME! Everyone absolutely LOVED it. We were all mesmerized by the show the entire time and the food was good! NOT great but very good. The timing of the food happens so fast but, I happen to work in a rest. and know how it all works. I am sure the reason for them serving you so quickly is so that you can enjoy the show without interuptions from the wait staff, not to "rush" you like some people may think. There is certainly no rush, the show is long! The service was fine, they rush around alot feeding alot of people so, not much time to chat and our seat location was OUT OF THIS WORLD! We had front center! I have read that location @ this show is all according to when you make your ressie. That is also about to change as they bring in the "TEIR" factor. Its definitely worth the $. As a matter of fact I would pay OOP for it!

Coral Reef......Wow! was I upset that they changed the menu (2 days prior to my ressie! :sad2: ) I had my heart set on those crab cakes! NO more! I ended up having the Shrimp cocktail ( just like any other ) and the N.Y.strip that too was OK. I have to say I think the dessert was the best! the cheescake! The service was great, our seat location was terrible (but you can't please everyone). Overall, it was fine, but, probably wouldn't pay OOP for this one.

Liberty tree.....AWESOME! I really liked this place. The fod was great! It is family styled served veggies, mac and chz, carved meats. potatoes etc (just like a thanksgiving dinner). The service was great, our seat location I don;t believe mattered, the characters all come over to you. I would definitely pay OOP for this one!

Wispering Canyon Cafe....Another great place. We had such a ball and it was everything they say it is. This time we paid OOP becuase we used 2 TS prior @SoA and we met other family members (who were paying for themselves). All together we were 11 and our ressie was @8:40. I was a bit concerned about the time but it was the earliest my family could meet us. I assumed that perhaps all the fun and games would be over by then. NOT THE CASE! :woohoo: We had "the medicine man" as a server and he was great! We sat right behind the hostess stand in a corner! I though for sure we would not be part of the action then, I was wrong! The kids and the hostess had war all night! Throwing papers and straws back and fourth over the stand! It was so much fun. All the things kids are NOT allowed to do normally they did! The hard part was tryng to explain to them that this was the only place they could ever behave this way! I didn;t even have to FOOL one of my kids to ask for ketchup! They are so impatient that before I had a chance to, there were about 9 strangers headed over to our table with ketchup! We had a birthday at the table (HUGE DEAL) and finally a horse ride around the place. There is just too many events to list! really! Let me just say, a kissing contest took place! The food was great! Everyone ordered something. Two ordered app. for dinner, two ordered the all you can eat, and the rest ordered entrees'/kids meals. No one seemed to mind that we were all sharing including the all you can eat! I would defintely reccommnd this place and will definitle pay OOP, as a matter of fact, I do believe this will be a tradtion for us.

Captain jacks.... Sorry, although I consider myself a very nice person especially being in this business, I just have nothing nice to say about Captain Jacks. I went for (you guessed it, the twin lobster tails and the crab cake app) Neither were good!The service was not good either. Our seats, well lets just say they took a table meant for 4 and made it into a 6. Really nothing good about this place. :confused3 glad I didn't pay and never again even if it's free!

Hollywood and vine..... I ate here a few years back and really the only reason we went was for the easy entrance pass to fantasmic. Although, I knew it may not be packed! I hate that "herding" feeling going through the main entrance with everyone else. Anyway, the food was good and the service was great. I am just not a fan of buffets in general but I honestly have nothing bad to say it but probably wouldn;t pay OOP just because it's buffet.

Overall, we had a great time! love the DDP not sure if I could ever do Disney without it now! We went through our snacks real quick (DD eats cereal for BK so her Bk was considered a snack every morning) We ended up with 4 left over CS and 1 left over TS (DS fell asleep during a TS one evening). And I really did find that the CS were very expensive, we spent about 50/60 for each one! Anyway, hope someone will find my reveiw helpful! can't wait to do it again (maybe even for free again)!

renee :grouphug:

Thanks for the reviews!
I also enjoyed SoA. The dancing is wonderful. I found the food good, not great, but good.
Someday, I will get to try WC. DD just does not want to go. :confused3
I have ADR for CR for our trip. It seems some like it and some don't, but I do want to experience it once.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. We enjoyed the Spirit of Aloha when we were there a few weeks ago. I am glad to hear that other people have enjoyed it. I, too, thought it was worth the 2TS and would pay OOP if had too. :)

Redwitch said:
Thanks for the reviews!
I also enjoyed SoA. The dancing is wonderful. I found the food good, not great, but good.
Someday, I will get to try WC. DD just does not want to go. :confused3
I have ADR for CR for our trip. It seems some like it and some don't, but I do want to experience it once.

.....cr?

OH! DUH! you meant Coral reef, I realized what it was right as I hit reply! lol.
yea, you know, I guess you just gotta try things yourself. I was concerned about SoA and just loved it! Heard nothing to grand about WC and loved it too. It all depends on the day, server, so many things. I have been to 50's PT and Sci fi and have both good and bad. FUnny thing is it always works out when I bring someone there, raving about, for instance, how much fun the servers are @ 50's on the day I bring them we get someone not so into it!
As I said though, I was lucly enough to get it all for free so really can;t complain about any of it!
take care.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter