Just got back from Disneyland..

nerdboyrockstar

here to change the world.
I had the most amazing time! I thought it was amazing.. I have to say.. I enjoyed every attraction more at Disneyland except for.. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (the Magic Kingdom version was much better) and Winnie the Pooh (Magic Kingdom's version is better).

Also, I thought California Adventure was the SUCK. Maybe visiting it after Disneyland shows how much more flawed it is but really.. it's just pointless, unimaginative, and I felt awful for whoever paid money to enter its gates before the addition of Tower of Terror, Aladdin, Monsters Inc, etc. It deserved all the criticism it received. It was a bad idea (a California-themed "Disney" park made on the cheap in California) and made with worse execution.

Still, I absolutely loved the Disneyland Resort. I loved the proximity of the two parks and Downtown Disney. We are all WDW veterans and we all felt everything at Disneyland just seemed newer. My friend said it seemed like a new park. It honestly makes me not want to go back to WDW. Unfortunately, in Miami, FL, thats only a few hours drive. Disneyland was about a 7-hour flight.

Still, I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland". :)

We also just returned from DLR, and we were also impressed.
We differ slightly, as I thought California Adventure was much better than reported. We also think many attractions at WDW are better, but the overall look and layout of DL is better. This may be in part because there are many more attractions in a smaller space. Adventureland inparticular looks much more appealing at DL.
As far as restaurants and hotels, WDW has DLR beat.

There are definitely plusses and minuses for both DLR and WDW. It's hard to say which is better overall in my opinion.

DLR impressed us enough to book two trips there next year... in addition to our three trips to WDW.

Thanx for sharing your opinions! :smokin:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter