Just got back from our 1st DVC stay with our OWN points

Jacksmom99

<font color=0099FF>Meredith's mom too!!<font color
We just arrived a mere 3 1/2 hours ago from our 2 day drive. Not that the drive was all that bad, but we had to leave WDW and come back to reality.:( This trip was actually booked and paid for before we bought into DVC, so for most of the week we rented a house and were only able to spend two nights at "home", one at OKW and one at BWV. Here's the report of what we found:

1) WE LOVED IT!!!!! even though we had stayed at OKW and HH with other family members, it was very cool to have our own points and be "Welcomed Home".

2) We had a studio both times. Definately roomier at OKW than at BWV, but it was nice to be able to sit and relax on the couch at BWV. It does get uncomfortable sitting on a bed the whole time, and since we have a two year old, we were in early and watching TV, not very comfortable from the beds. DH likes that fact that he can park the car right outside the door at OKW, and thought the pool was less crowded than at BWV. We both enjoyed the location of BWV because we left DS with gramdma that night and were able to enjoy the boardwalk's grownup activities.;)

3) We checked out VWL for the first time (even though we own there) and I must say that it was beyond my expectations!!! I had heard about the theming and attention to detail, but I must say it took my breath away. We were so impressed that the next day we took MIL and SIL over to visit and view the model rooms. Wouldn't you know they signed up for a DVC tour on the spot and ended up buying 350 points between the two of them?!!

4) the only complaint I had was that I could not find the ice machine at BWV. We were on the 5th floor, room 5064 and I called twice for directions and both times I was given directions to imaginary rooms. DH and I finally located the one nearest us after traversing the hallway many times, only to find that it was out of order and we needed to use the one on the 4th floor!!! This was all at 1 am after spending most of the evening at Jellyrolls.

All in all it was a wonderful trip. The parks were not crowded at all and the lines were reasonable. DS was able to see all of the characters he wanted and do all of the rides at MK without any lines. He even got on Dumbo after only waiting a minute around 9:15 am. And we were able to go on Goofy's Barnstormer 2 times in a row and had the whole car to ourselves. We could've done 3 times, but DH was on the ground in a panic attack that I took DS on the ride. DS just laughed and kept saying "WEEEEE, do again Mom, do again!!!"

11 months until I'm home again!!!

hi: glad you had such a nice trip. i know what you mean about coming back to reality.

Welcome home, glad you loved it as much as we do!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter