Just Got Back...Top 15 Tips

kimberwing

Dreaming of Disney
We did a land/sea package....4 nights at the Polynesian and 3 nights on the Wonder. We traveled with DH (39), me (36), DS (5), DS (17 mos) Here's what we learned:

1. Do not overpack! 1 big suitcase and a couple of carryons are plenty for a family of 4. Do laundry on day 3 or 4 and you will be set.
2. If you have small kids, adapt the following schedule: Visit the parks in the morning. Come back and nap. Hang at the pool in the afternoon.
3. Always have your character autograph supplies with you. You never know when Mickey will be around the corner.
4. BRING YOUR OWN STROLLER FROM HOME!! There is a lot of walking at airports/hotels/to and from Disney transportation, etc. Our small stroller was a LIFESAVER!!
5. Get a stroller in the parks for your kids age 4-7. Even though they can walk, you can cover way more territory with a stroller.
6. Be nice to people.....everyone paid big bucks for their trip. Smile at strangers. Hold a door for a grandparent. Help someone struggling with a toddler and a stroller. Be especially nice to your DH or DW.
7. Do at least one character meal.
8. Be spontaneous.
9. Return "found" items to lost and found. (Someone turned in my $3.00 Wal Mart sunglasses and saved me from buying new ones!)
10. Listen to your conscience.
11. Drink lots of water.
12. Take advantage of parent swap and go on a few rides YOU want to experience.
13. Do NOT miss Tower of Terror.
14. Don't freak before the trip....you will have a wonderful time.
15. Stop and smell the roses.....OFTEN!!

Great tips! Thanks for sharing! :)

I love tips like these!
here are some of mine!
Always bring extra camera batteries
double the amount of film you think you will need
extra sunscreen
sinus medicine, headaches stuff!
Don't for get to have a Mickey ear every day!
Dance down main street with your kids!
Don't rush out of MK when it closes take your time and let the mad rush head out first
Find the perfect spot for a family picture and if you get to come back take the shot again to compare over the years
Smile and say hi to CM
put a ribbon (lime green sounds good) on the stroller
we also take pictures of the kids when next to the height sign when they can finally ride a big ride!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Great tips and advice! Printing them up now! Sandra

I love the tip about choosing the same photo spot year after year.....very creative! I have pictures of me in a peasant blouse, bellbottoms, and sporting long stringy hair in front of Cinderella's Castle.....Too attractive!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Great tips and advice! Printing them up now! Sandra

What a great idea about taking the kids' pictures near the height signs. Even if they can't ride this time, it will give them something to look forward to when they are tall enough!

I love all the tips. I remember someone telling me to bring chapstick and tylenol in my fanny bag. Wouldn't you know it, we all used the chap stick, and hubby needed the tylenol!!:p

We just got back - very hot, very crowded. Don't forget your water bottle with the little fan attached. These are a life saver. They are $17.00 in the parks.

Also, I can not agree more with the tip on giving the kids a break mid-day. My guys were exhausted by noon. A nice rest in the pool and they were ready for more.

Have fun to all that are going.

Thanks for the great tips. We also always take a picture of the kids in Minnie's chair in her living room in Toontown. The colors in the house look great in pictures and its wonderful to see how the children grow over time.
Another tip I have is to take time for the little things. The kids had the best time playing in the jumping fountains at the Imagination Pavilion and in trying to step on the twinkling sidewalk lights at Epcot. I saw so many people just rush their kids past these places. The little shows they have throughout the park, especially World Showcase at Epcot are wonderful. Take the time to watch a few of them. My 2 year old's eyes nearly popped out of his head watching the drummers at Japan. Disney's attention to the little details really makes the trip special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter