Just got back

RachelEllen

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Just got back from tent camping. Ultra long report is in the works for a few days from now on the trip reports board, but if anyone has any questions let us know. Btw, the campfire program is a jewel.

Rachel

Can't wait to read your current report of Fort Wilderness. We are off in two weeks to camp there for the first time. Let me know when the report is done.

Thanks,

Joe:jester:

Hi,

Trip report is up on the trip board. It got so long, I felt I couldn't talk about everything, so if anyone has any camping questions, let me know! Just to add, here's the short list of things I wish I had brought:
shower shoes
real pillow (wouldn't fit though)
real blanket and sheet (sleeping bag got hot!)
Other than that completely prepared!

Rachel

I agree with you about the pillow, & blanket & sheet. We discovered on our first trip that a sleeping bag just didn't cut it. It's not very comfortable, and in FW, you're not really roughing it out in the wild anyway! ;) We bring an air mattress, then line it with a sheet, and have a sheet & blanket over us, just like at home! And, real pillows are a must!!

I'm heading over to read your trip report now! Thanks!

I even found a double sleeping bag from LLBean that came with zip in sheets -- good for those hot FL nights when you're used to camping in cold NEngland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter