Just Heard About Onyx "Personal Shopper" for tickets...

FayeW

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gotten a quote from Onyx Personal Shopper for adult tickets for MVMCP? I cashed in most of my airmiles for travel certificates in December, but I have about 2K or so that could go towards the party tickets. Trip isn't until end Nov so I still have some time to earn but we've been on keto since November and I don't earn as many miles at Sobeys and Metro as I used to. I think I need to step up my game! I'll ask for a quote when they are open on Tuesday but I'm curious if anyone else knows, that would be great.

I don't know if it helps or not, but I am attaching the recent items I cashed in for Airmiles, three of the items were obtained through Onyx shopper - the Halloween party, the Animal Kingdom after hours, and the 2 USO tix. If you are good at math (I am not or I would do it for you ;) ) - you might be able to work out an estimate based on cost vs. miles used.
I have converted to CDN on my list - but the MNSSHP tix were $79 before tax; Animal Kingdom was $125 before tax; and if I remember right USO was in the $350 range.

I have been really happy with what i have received - and all three were e-tix so I did not need to wait on shipping.

Several of us over on the Airmiles Alert thread have used the Personal Shopper for tickets for Universal, Legoland, Disney Park hoppers & some of the Party tickets. @Days In the Sun pulled a few of the quotes into one place and worked out the math that AM seems to be using. It comes in around 14.2 AM per $1 USD

Hubby & I are thrilled with the 10 day hopper we got for 8,400 miles since we never buy anything strictly for miles this made the ticket FREE! We won't need to worry about upgrading it when we get to Disney and it's the exact ticket we wanted (we already have one that we got from a credit with Air Transat)

We also got caught short with a ton of travel vouchers at the end of December. We put all $3,300 towards our January trip to Disney and well it was nice to pay for more than half of the trip I can't say I'll EVER use a travel agent to go to Disney again. It's been one headache after another :headache:

BTW, I submitted my request thru Facebook Messenger on Canada Day and had the quote by July 3rd and the ticket was attached to my MDE account on July 9th.

As @Donald - my hero mentioned, I've calculated the value of most of the onyx quotes posted on this board and they have alll been around 14.2 airmiles per USD. It's a safe estimate unless the exchange rate changes drastically.

Examples above:
Tookie1000:
$99x1.065=$105.44usd after tax
1500am/$105.44=14.22am per usd

1926moom:
Mickey's Halloween $79x1.065=$84.14
5675am/$84.14/3=14.16am per usd

Ak after hours $125x1.065=$133.13 after tax
5675/$133.13/3=14.21am per usd

As @Donald - my hero mentioned, I've calculated the value of most of the onyx quotes posted on this board and they have alll been around 14.2 airmiles per USD. It's a safe estimate unless the exchange rate changes drastically.

1926moom:
Mickey's Halloween $79x1.065=$84.14
5675am/$84.14/3=14.16am per usd

Ak after hours $125x1.065=$133.13 after tax
5675/$133.13/3=14.21am per usd

Thanks for mathing for me :cutie: :rotfl2:
Edited to correct a bad autocorrect...bathing instead of mathing :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Thanks for mathing for me :cutie: :rotfl2:
Edited to correct a bad autocorrect...bathing instead of mathing :rotfl2:
I read your original post, at least 3 times, read and reread the thread and for the life of me couldn't figure it out. Might have something to do with the fact that it was close to 3 and I was STILL awake 🤣

Thank you all very much for the replies, and thank you Days In The Sun for the math, that really helps! Now I know approximately how many airmiles I need for two tickets. Can we buy Disney Gift Cards from the Personal Shopper? In case I don't earn as many airmiles as I need for two tickets, a gift card would be helpful for other expenses.

Donald -my hero, I made the mistake of booking a vacation last year as a surprise for my husband, and he didn`t like the dates, so I have a $500 credit with Transat. I took the advice of a few here a month or two ago and decided to book the trip to Orlando with Transat so I can use my credit and the $900 I have in travel certificates. Our total for the Melia Orlando at Celebration, flying out of Montreal, was about $2200. It`s nice having $1400 covered. Still have car rental, Universal, MVMCP and food so it will still cost about $1500 out of pocket.

Thank you all very much for the replies, and thank you Days In The Sun for the math, that really helps! Now I know approximately how many airmiles I need for two tickets. Can we buy Disney Gift Cards from the Personal Shopper? In case I don't earn as many airmiles as I need for two tickets, a gift card would be helpful for other expenses.

Donald -my hero, I made the mistake of booking a vacation last year as a surprise for my husband, and he didn`t like the dates, so I have a $500 credit with Transat. I took the advice of a few here a month or two ago and decided to book the trip to Orlando with Transat so I can use my credit and the $900 I have in travel certificates. Our total for the Melia Orlando at Celebration, flying out of Montreal, was about $2200. It`s nice having $1400 covered. Still have car rental, Universal, MVMCP and food so it will still cost about $1500 out of pocket.

i don’t think you’ll be able to use dream miles for a gift card, unfortunately. but you can get creative and put them towards other trip expenses you’ve mentioned like the car rental, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter