Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Hello humans! Can I just say that I absolutely love love love my Dis friends?!?! Y'all are so very sweet to be thinking about me and wondering why in the world I have disappeared. Thank you so much Dee for letting everybody know that we are still alive and kicking.

Let me give y'all a rundown on my life since June, 2016. It's gonna read like a dang Lifetime Channel movie but it's my real life.

1) We went to Walt Disney World for two weeks and the day we returned home (Sunday), I received the call that my boss had been found dead. To say that it was a blow is an understatement. Not only had a lost one of my best friends of 30+ years, I had lost a job.

2) On Wednesday at lunch, I was on the phone with John to let him know that my boss's family had asked me to stay on and help close out the office however long that took. It was temporary but it was better than having no job at all. When I said the word "temporary" John said "me too". I thought that he was playing one of his jokes on me but he wasn't joking. He had a job until Thursday. The next day! His boss hadn't let any of them know that he was shutting the doors until that same week. He gave them less than a week's notice. John didn't tell me about his job loss until Wednesday because I was already so stressed out. He got a job working with his boss's brother (he had worked for them before) and started the very next week. But, he and his boss had a couple of knock down-drag out fights which caused a lot of stress. Instead of acting like a boss, his boss was acting like a bully and it ruined their 20+ year friendship.

3) Two months after my boss died, one of his friends (and mine as well) asked me to come to work for him. I can't tell you how much of a relief that was. I was kinda sorta afraid that I'd have problems finding a job. Why? Well, my former boss had a reputation of being an A hole. A big one. And, while I know that shouldn't matter when it came to me looking for a job, it would have. I know! I know! Why? This is a semi-small town. People either loved my boss dearly or they absolutely hated him. I was associated with that and it mattered to some, actually to a lot of potential employers. Thankfully, my new boss is well like by most and he and I get along great. I'm still learning his way of doing things and this place is busy all day long but I like it.

4)
My boss has been dead for 8 months and I am STILL doing odds and ends over at the other office. His family was very very dependent upon my former boss and they expected me to take his place. Last week, I pretty much told them that I am done. Stick a fork in me done. All that I am going to be doing now on is the monthly billing to clients and the occasional picking up of files if a prior client wants their file that is in storage. I'm just too tired to keep doing two jobs.Now if I were getting paid two salaries, the tiredness would be worth it. Nope the income has dwindled down to a measly $100 a month from the old job which is NOT what we agreed to.

5) A month or so before going on vacation, I became a travel agent! I was determined to come back from vacation and go full steam ahead on getting my Facebook page all set up and start booking clients. Then, freaking life happened and that got put on the side burner. But, I've been booking clients for a while now and am loving it! I can book anything Disney, anything Universal, have clients honeymooning in Jamaica, and folks going to Alaska and Vegas. Y'all need a vacation booked, just call a sista up!

6) Mama fell around Thanksgiving and we still haven't figured out what is causing her dizziness. She has just about stopped driving herself anywhere. As a matter of fact, I can probably count on one hand the times that she has driven since then. You all can probably guess who the responsibility falls to.

7) John's insurance has been stressing us out because they want to change up his meds. They don't like paying almost $3000 a month for medications that he has to have. So, we've changed up a few things and, as a matter of fact, I literally had to stop typing this to talk to the pharmacy administrator with the insurance to get two of his meds filled.

Let's see is there a #8? Probably but I can't think of it right now. Oh wait, yes I can. I have had two people near to me pass away within the last few months.

So, there you have it. Those are the reasons that I haven't been on the Dis much. I have three clients waiting on quotes right now but I think that I'll try to get back on here...minus the reasons for my absence.....and pick up where I left off. All of my pictures were on my old office computer and I put them on my home computer so I need to get them on a flash drive so I can write during my lunch hour.

If you are still here and reading, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
So happy you are ok but sad for all thats happened to you , life sucks sometimes for sure. Hopefully we will be going to Mexico next year and will be sure to call you for the vacation! HUgs to you and the family xxx <3

Wow I thought my life had gotten hectic! Very unfair of your old bosses family not paying you what was agreed on, but expecting you to work full time almost! I am glad you got your travel work up and running though so that is fun! Little extra Disney money :) Take all the time you need to come back. I will be right here waiting!

Totally understand that you've been MIA, do to a hectic schedule. I remember you telling us about your boss but didn't realized that you were still dealing with that office on top of your new jobs. Sorry to say this, but it doesn't surprise me that they kind of was "short changing" you, seems like something your old boss would do. I'm glad that your mom for the most part is doing well except for those darn dizzy spells. I hope they are far an few between and that you find an answer why and can prevent them from happening at all. Insurance and prescriptions....just double trouble when they don't get along.
Just wanted you to know that I worried about you but would catch a magical distraction post and knew you were some where. I even comments on one. Gave me a little peek in what you did on your trips: )
Will be glad when you can give us an update, even if you TR becomes a "Cliff note" story, a shorty version is better than none.
I've been here so many years, that I'm not going any where.
Take Care :hug:

Always thinking of you and your family, Lisa. Hope Mama's dizzy spells get better. My husband has been having problems with vertigo from inner ear problems, so maybe a visit to an ENT could either confirm or rule that out for her. You work way more than 3 jobs, girl - you didn't even mention the etsy shop much less that huge garden you grow. Hope John's job situation has improved and he doesn't have to deal with the hassles.

I finally checked back in here at the DIS and I was glad to see your update. Do you have your usual trip planned for this May?

When I last posted an update like 2,657,999 years ago, I wrote that Hunter, Lacey, John and I had eaten at The Electric Umbrella. My kids are notorious for taking my camera and taking "surprise" pictures. Surprise as in I never even know they are there until I get home from a trip and find them. I posted this one of Hunter before but I'll post it again.

DSCF1346 (768x1024).jpg

The one that I didn't post was the one of Lacey. There was this movie many years ago that had Martin Short in it and he was stung by a bee and he swelled up like crazy. They were talking about the scene in the movie and Lacey did this:

DSCF1349 (768x1024).jpg

Ahhhh, how I love being able to post pictures like this. Totally makes up for all those times they drove me nuts when they were young. Actually, they haven't stopped driving me nut....thus I posted the picture. Okay, so I'm just kiddin'! I told Lacey that I was going to put this very flattering picture on the worldwide web for all of you to see. Her response? Go ahead...I'm not scared. :joker:

Now wasn't that worth waiting 2,657,999 years for.

Everyone was still scattered over Epcot and we really didn't have a specific time that we needed to meet up. So, we headed out past the dancing fountain, stopped at the Braille map so that I could take a picture
DSCF1350 (1024x768).jpg

And then one of the other sign:

DSCF1351 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1351 (768x1024).jpg

Y'all, I don't know what is up with the double picture posting but I'm gonna leave them for right now. Double the pleasure and double the fun. Or was that an old Wrigley's Doublemint commercial? Heavens, I'm showing my age. It's been years since those commercials came out. The Joffrey's coffee kiosk sells some of the biggest donuts and baked goods that I've ever laid eyes on. They are huge!
DSCF1353 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1353 (768x1024).jpg

We didn't stop 'cause we had just finished our lunch. Our journey continued on towards Mexico. As any good Diser would do, I snapped pictures along the way. Pictures of the transportation options around Epcot.

DSCF1354 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1355 (768x1024).jpg

Although the boats over to the other side of World Showcase were tempting, we didn't want to miss the countries in between where we were and where we would have docked.

This is the quick service restaurant in Mexico. During our 2016 trip, we had the pleasure of dining there. We even sat out over the water and took in the view while noshing on some fabulous nachos.

DSCF1356 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1358 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1359 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

DSCF1360 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1360 (768x1024).jpg

The Mexico Pavilion decorated with a plastered on John? I have no clue what he was doing but.....

DSCF1361 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1362 (768x1024).jpg

And one without John smooshed against the pyramid. As a matter of fact, a double pic. (smh)

DSCF1364 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1364 (768x1024).jpg

Before going in, I turned to take another picture across the way.
DSCF1365 (768x1024).jpg

The temperature was rising and the air conditioning inside felt wonderful.

One of the reasons that I enjoy long trips is it gives us more time to actually stop and look at the various exhibits that we might have breezed by had we been rushed. Today, we looked at:
DSCF1366 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1367 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1368 (768x1024).jpg

Early form of basketball?
DSCF1369 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF1363 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF1363 (768x1024).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2
Well, not the game of basketball as we know it.
DSCF1370 (768x1024).jpg

I took more pictures but they are pretty blurry so I'm gonna skip posting them. There were lots of sculpted pieces on display and, alongside them were placards that explained what each item was. It's pretty cool. You'll want to stop and look around.

After reading about the ball game, looked at the sculptures and learned more about the Mayan culture, we moved deeper into the Mexico Pavilion. The plaza:

DSCF1371 (768x1024).jpg

The plaza has so many "different" items for sale like these Day of the Dead skulls and books.
DSCF1372 (768x1024).jpg

Also located in the plaza is La Cava del Tequila which I guess the Dis deems is worthy of not one but two pictures.

DSCF1373 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1373 (768x1024).jpg

And the table service restaurant San Angel Inn. We have eaten at San Angel Inn once before and it was one of those restaurants that we may possibly go back to in the future.
DSCF1374 (768x1024).jpg

Look it's Martin Short face shopping! I forget the name of the shop but it is located on the left side of the plaza. La Princesa de Cristal - Mexico is the shop next to it. They sell....bet you can gues....crystal pieces.
DSCF1376 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1377 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Get me to the church on time!

Awesome to see an update! The pics of Hunter and Lacey are to funny! Nice pics inside the Mexico Pavilion, I always liked walking around in there, so many things to look at. I would like to eat there someday.

Hooray for trip report entries!!!! :) Thanks for getting my day off to a great start. :)

Hey Lisa! :wave2: So good to see a new post from you, I have missed your stories! I pray all is going well with you and your lovely family!
Love the Martin Short pic of Lacey and her response to you telling her that you were gonna post it was priceless!

I don't know why, but I'm fascinated with the size of your head pink donuts at the Joffrey's kiosks. I always take a picture of them too and claim one of these days I'm going to buy one, but I never do. I might have to cave in soon just so I can say I did it.

Your pictures in the Mexican pavilion are making me anxious to return, I can smell San Angel Inn now! - it is such a pretty location and you are right, the little exhibits get overlooked.

Glad you are back, and looking forward to more!

I'm laughing so hard! And I'm in the salon getting my grey back to res as it should be people are looking at me.
My response? What you don't Dis?
Ugh. Poor unfortunate souls...

I'm so glad your back with your more then entertaining reports!!

Whatever the is nothing wrong with a good Martin short fat face picture every once in a while

Awesome to see an update! The pics of Hunter and Lacey are to funny! Nice pics inside the Mexico Pavilion, I always liked walking around in there, so many things to look at. I would like to eat there someday.

Those two are such a blessing to John and I...funny faces and all. It's been several years since we've eaten at San Angel Inn but we may go back in the future.

Hooray for trip report entries!!!! :) Thanks for getting my day off to a great start. :)

I hope to get back to the Did more and more.

Hey Lisa! :wave2: So good to see a new post from you, I have missed your stories! I pray all is going well with you and your lovely family!

I've missed all of my Did friends!

Love the Martin Short pic of Lacey and her response to you telling her that you were gonna post it was priceless!

My kids (and most of my family for that matter) have a great attitude about showing their true selves and making folks laugh. I love 'em for it!

I don't know why, but I'm fascinated with the size of your head pink donuts at the Joffrey's kiosks. I always take a picture of them too and claim one of these days I'm going to buy one, but I never do. I might have to cave in soon just so I can say I did it.

Aren't they the biggest donuts you've ever seen?!?! I've never bought one either. Probably because I'm afraid that they wouldn't taste as good as they look.

Your pictures in the Mexican pavilion are making me anxious to return, I can smell San Angel Inn now! - it is such a pretty location and you are right, the little exhibits get overlooked.

Glad you are back, and looking forward to more!

Roaming around the Mexico is a family favorite.

I am so glad you are back. Hopefully real life won't keep you away anymore.

It's so good to be back amongst my Did friends!

I'm laughing so hard! And I'm in the salon getting my grey back to res as it should be people are looking at me.
My response? What you don't Dis?
Ugh. Poor unfortunate souls...

I'm so glad your back with your more then entertaining reports!!

Whatever the is nothing wrong with a good Martin short fat face picture every once in a while

Mo!!!! Isn't it crazy to think that others don't Did like we do. Means they aren't having as much as we are. :)

Oh my heavens no....absolutely nothing wrong with posting a fat face picture!

Glad to see you back! I hope life is getting calmer for you!

Jen, I'm on the last two updates to your trip report. I've been reading in between my tasks at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter