Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Did y'all just see that? Hello? Yoo hoo! Are those crickets I hear? Anybody? Bueller? I posted updates! Real live updates! And more are coming.

Yay!!!! So glad for updates!!!! When is your next trip? I'm sure you said either on here or Facebook but I can't remember!

So glad to see you back!!! I am still following and reading! I bet it is kind of fun looking back at that trip now.

Yay!! Love the updates. It's been so long since I went to Epcot and looked at the details. Thanks for sharing.

See the hat that this guy is styling? No, not the ball cap. The straw hat silly. John ended up buying a similar one in Japan during our 2016 trip. It's perfect for shading his face and shoulders when mowing.

OMG! My husband got one of those on our honeymoon trip in 2015 for the exact same purpose! He loves it! My background on my phone is actually a picture of him in the hat while he is mowing!!!!

an update to your trip report is just the pick-me-up I needed in a long aggravating week! Welcome back, Lisa!! :lovestruc

I was so excited to get the email that you updated!! I'm having a terribly anxious day and it helped me so much to read your updates. I almost bought my dog an outfit in China! One of my favorite pavilions.

Those updates were a nice surprise to my afternoon!:D
I was just thinking about you the other day. Actually thinking of Hunter and was trying to remember if this will be his 1st year at college. Only because I was thinking your Disney countdown for this summer was his graduation celebration.
My daughter starts her junior year Aug 21st. It's been a strange summer, this is the first one that she didn't come home. She's 2 hours away. She now.has an apartment and got the job she had been hoping for at a coffee shop two blocks away. So she's come home a few times. We went down a week ago to visit for the day and make sure she has everything to start classes. Just miss her:sad1:
Hope all is going well for you and the family!
Keep those updates coming....you're on a roll!:woohoo:

Yay!!!! So glad for updates!!!! When is your next trip? I'm sure you said either on here or Facebook but I can't remember!

Next trip is November 14th through the 25th. I'm ready to go back right this very second.

So glad you are back. Can't wait to read more.

Thank you! I'm glad that you stuck around.

So glad to see you back!!! I am still following and reading! I bet it is kind of fun looking back at that trip now.

I am hoping that reliving this trip will help beat the Disney blues.

Yay!! Love the updates. It's been so long since I went to Epcot and looked at the details. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Michelle! I love taking in all of the details in Epcot.

OMG! My husband got one of those on our honeymoon trip in 2015 for the exact same purpose! He loves it! My background on my phone is actually a picture of him in the hat while he is mowing!!!!

Well, we have two mighty stylish men don't we!?!? Those hats are perfect for wearing while mowing.

an update to your trip report is just the pick-me-up I needed in a long aggravating week! Welcome back, Lisa!! :lovestruc

So glad that these updates are what you needed in the middle of a long week!

Yay updates! Following along!

Glad that you are here and stuck with me!

I was so excited to get the email that you updated!! I'm having a terribly anxious day and it helped me so much to read your updates. I almost bought my dog an outfit in China! One of my favorite pavilions.

I almost bought one too! But then I thought there's no way that my Copper would keep a kimono on. LOL

Welcome back! I'm loving so many updates.

Thanks! I had hoped to get another update posted this evening but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully, tomorrow.

Yaaaaa! Can't wait to read more!

I should have another post coming soon.

My favorite trip report writer is back; yippee!

Awww, thanks! Thanks for sticking with me.

I Spy with My Little Eye! A pickle! A pickle?

Once we were done window shopping and taking in the details in the China pavilion, we continued our walk around World Showcase. Next stop was The Outpost which is the little marketplace style area between China and Germany. At the time, Hunter had just started growing out his hair and, I hate to admit this, but I did not like it....at all. Looking back at it, it really wasn't that bad.

DSCF1462 (768x1024).jpg

Refreshment Cool Post has a few food and snack items:

DSCF1463 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1464 (768x1024).jpg

Also in The Outpost is a Face Painting stand. I personally don't see how anyone could walk around with those full face paints. It seems like it would get all dry and start cracking and be totally uncomfortable. But, what do I know? I've never had my face painted.

DSCF1465 (768x1024).jpg

This little shop, Village Traders, is an open-air marketplace featuring African-themed musical instruments, wood carvings and soapstone sculptures.

DSCF1467 (768x1024).jpg

The wood carver is so talented and creates the most amazing works of art from wood. I would so love to purchase one of his creations but they are a bit on the expensive side.

DSCF1468 (768x1024).jpg

Did you know that the Bead Outpost sells jewelry made from recycled park maps? Not only are they sold at this stand, but I've also seen them in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs. They are probably sold in other locations but these are the ones that I remember.

DSCF1471 (768x1024).jpg

Located near The Outpost are a few tables and there are more just around the corner.

DSCF1470 (768x1024).jpg DSCF1470 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1469 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

I Spy with My Little Eye! A pickle! A pickle?

The views around World Showcase are so pretty.
DSCF1472 (768x1024).jpg

The plan was to continued on towards Germany.
DSCF1473 (768x1024).jpg

Karamell-Küche has some of the best snacks in all of World Showcase...heck...maybe even in all of Walt Disney World. I'm telling ya, if you haven't gone in Karamell-Kuche, you need to rectify that. Quickly!

DSCF1475 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1477 (768x1024).jpg

Just like in China, Disney has paid attention to the details. Like putting window boxes on the windows complete with pretty flowers.

DSCF1476 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF1478 (768x1024).jpg

One of the stores in Germany has some gorgeous hand blown Christmas ornaments and a pickle tree! Yep, a pickle tree. The legend according to the website pickle-ornament.com:

Long ago in Germany the pickle legend began. The wheres and why are unknown but it is something now enjoyed by the entire family. The last ornament placed on the tree is done after the children are tucked in bed and is a small green pickle. It is hung with care and is hidden amongst the other ornaments tucked within the tree. The younger the child the larger the pickle ornament that is hidden so that as the child ages the pickle gets smaller making it more difficult to find.

Hunting for the pickle ornament slows down the sometimes frantic rush to the tree and the enticing packages beneath. They will search through all their known ornaments and their eyes will pass over all the ornaments given them by parents and grandparents in their search for the lone pickle.

As an adult I enjoy decorating our tree each year as I get to recall all the memories tied up in the boxes of ornaments going back to my great grandmother in Germany. The pickle will add yet another memory for your own children and their children to come.

The lucky child to find the pickle ornament can get a special treat. Perhaps they can be first to open a present or get the place of honor at the Christmas table. Whatever you decide it will be a special time. Memories are made like anything else and the care you take with them gives them a lasting quality.

DSCF1480 (768x1024).jpg

**Next up: Steins! Steins! Everywhere there's steins!

Wow! Updates 2 days in a row?! I want to say welcome back but I am scared you will leave again! I hope things have calmed down for you all. I know how hectic things have been the last few months.

So did you buy a pickle ornament? I have one, lol.

I didn't and regretted it too.

Wow! Updates 2 days in a row?! I want to say welcome back but I am scared you will leave again! I hope things have calmed down for you all. I know how hectic things have been the last few months.

Life has settled down a lot but is still crazy but what family's life isn't? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter