Just how bad is LAX?

I did LAX from LA to Austra;ia and the same route back and I did not mind it, I didn't see most of the sirport, I got into LAX went to the proper place for flying in overseas went through customs got on a plane and came back home :thumbsup2

We use LAX because it is close to us.

LAX services many airlines and handles thousands of passengers a day. The competition results in lower airfares.

Woody

I used to live in LA and fly in and out of LAX all the time for business. It is fine unless it is a major holiday (i.e. the day before Thanksgiving and around Christmas). In fact, it is probably my favorite major airport because it really is an easy airport to navigate and the traffic is never bad (unless it is the aforementioned major holiday.)

I couldn't stand LAX the last time I was there. It was crowded, kind of dirty, and didn't have too much in the way of amenities (at least in the terminal we were in).

Still, for $500 I'd put up with it!

A few months ago I read that construction would be closing a runway at LAX - has this affected air travel in and out of the airport at all?
I've flown into SNA before and it was so much easier, but we usually use LAX because of the price difference. Never really had a horrible experience at LAX, just that it's very crowded and hectic.

We have flown into LAX three times and never had any problems. Twice we have rented a car and once we took a shuttle. The first time we rented a car was interesting since the rental car agencys are off sight and we weren't sure how to get to Disneyland. It turned out great and now it is easy and only takes us about 1/2 hour to drive there. The flight schedule is much better from Eugene to LAX than SNA etc, and the rental car prices have been cheaper also. We got a van for a week for 175.00 including taxes.

Out of Chicago Midway to LAX is far far cheaper than into SNA on Southwest Airlines and it's a direct flight! I will put up with a few extra minutes of driving time to save myself several hundred dollars and having to switch planes. Terminal 1 is the easiest terminal to navigate and I have no problems there.

i booked my flights today, and for the 4 of us, it was $1100. Most of the quotes that I had been getting were in the 1400-1800 range. Disney quoted me over 2,000!!

As an added bonus, I was able to book both flights non-stop. A 4 hour direct flight from new orleans to LA, and then a 3 1/2 hour return flight (I guess it's the jet stream).. And of all places, delta(dot)com. I tried all of the other travel places, but Delta seemed to give the best deal, with the most direct flights.

Thanks again for all of the advice.

noladave said:
i booked my flights today, and for the 4 of us, it was $1100. Most of the quotes that I had been getting were in the 1400-1800 range. Disney quoted me over 2,000!!

As an added bonus, I was able to book both flights non-stop. A 4 hour direct flight from new orleans to LA, and then a 3 1/2 hour return flight (I guess it's the jet stream).. And of all places, delta(dot)com. I tried all of the other travel places, but Delta seemed to give the best deal, with the most direct flights.

Thanks again for all of the advice.

Ohhh...I'm so jealous!! Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter