Just left Aulani

Networth

DIS Veteran
Just left Aulani this afternoon. We are currently on an overnight layover in LA slowly making our way back home to Florida. The Hawaii/Aulani blues are already coming on hard. I get the WDW blues but I know I can drive 2.5 hours and be “home”. However, Hawaii is 11-12 hours on a plane. I am already dreaming and planning on going back (won’t be for a bit as real life calls).

Anyway that is me venting and I wanted to thank this board tremendously, the information I found here was invaluable and really helped me make the trip amazing.
I plan to post a few photos to photo of the day thread.

Last edited:
Just left Aulani this afternoon. We are currently on an overnight layover in LA slowly making our way back home to Florida. The Hawaii/Aulani blues are already coming on hard. I get the WDW blues but I know I can drive 2.5 hours and be “home”. However, Hawaii is 11-12 hours on a plane. I am already dreaming and planning on going back (won’t be for a bit as real life calls).

Anyway that is me venting and I wanted to thank this board tremendously, the information I found here was invaluable and really helped me make the trip amazing.
I plan to post a few photos to photo of the day thread.
Our trip isn't until May but I already feel your pain as I'm sure I'll be experiencing the same pain. Hopefully posting in the photo of the day thread will help to ease the pain a bit as you relive your memories! And my m.o. to plan another trip helps to cure the blues a bit (even if it's not to Hawaii but to WDW).

Glad you had a great trip! Our Aulani stay came at the end of our 16 day Hawaiian honeymoon. So between our wedding festivities being over, our honeymoon being over, our extended vacation being over, Aulani being over, and having to go to work 48 hours later - I can definitely feel your pain! LOL! They say the best remedy is to start planning your next trip :)

Glad you had a great trip! Our Aulani stay came at the end of our 16 day Hawaiian honeymoon. So between our wedding festivities being over, our honeymoon being over, our extended vacation being over, Aulani being over, and having to go to work 48 hours later - I can definitely feel your pain! LOL! They say the best remedy is to start planning your next trip :)

Now that sounds rough!

What was the best part of the resort? What would you recommend now that you have experienced it?

The Aulani/Hawaii blues are a real thing. We are from Florida as well and it usually takes me 2 weeks to readjust to reality and enjoy where I live. Our last 2 trips my daughter has made me videos and I watch them all the time. Gets me through to the next trip.

I'm glad to know it's not just me that felt the funk! We were there at the tail end of the pool renovations and only got to use the slides, etc for a day or so before we left - can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter