Just made PS for LTT for 1/03/05 and according to DD it is closing a 5:45!!!!!!

A

adisneynut

This seems really early for a Sat.night. I know that the park hours are shorter after the holidays but 5:45. I am hoping that after the hours come out the Jan. I can reschedule. I can't help but wonder if there is going to Spectromagic on this Sat. night. I did get a new CM because I had to explain what Sprectromagic was. She did tell me that she was unable to make a PS after 5:45. Just fussing a little !! Hopefully it will all work out. I know that last year MK was open until 8.00pm. Maybe 5:45 is the last seating before Sprectomagic. :earseek: :wave: :earseek:

All MK restaurants have been closing at 5:45 or 6:00 for awhile now, no matter what time the park closes

I was also thought that maybe the last PS at that time was to allow for clean-up and everything. We usually hae a counter service at MK if we are there at night. Just thought we would give LTT a try.

THANKS DCGRUMPY!!!:goodvibes

Originally posted by dcgrumpy
All MK restaurants have been closing at 5:45 or 6:00 for awhile now, no matter what time the park closes

by that you mean only the sit down not the counter I am guessing?

The CM I had told me the same thing for week of Christmas! which I knew was not correct. I called back the next day and was able to get the time I wanted at Castle for dinner (7:50pm), so keep calling back.. and check for Jan hours. I was there until 1/3/03 last year and parks were still open late. I tink if the park hours are not up yet, you will get the earliest closing time for ps. It pays to keep trying.
Connears

well now that would explain it wouldn't it! Thanks

We ate dinner at LTT on 1/2/03 and it was for 8:50 and the park closed at 11pm or midnight. So I would check again closer to the date (we made our PS in late November/early December) and they should have extended hours.

I was told 5:45 was the last seating at Crystal Palace for 12/28. I plan on calling back later in the month and am hoping to get a later seating.

My PS at Rest Marrakesh for NYE was available at 7pm. But I could only get a PS for Prime Time Cafe in MGM on 1/1 for 5:45 or earlier (we took the 5:45).

It makes sense to me that since they don't have the park hours posted yet, the computer just 'assumes' everything closes at the earlier time. But I did get the later time on New Years Eve. I made these last Friday (10/3) about 6:30pm Eastern time.

Same thing happened to me when I tried for 12/28 at the Castle in MK for dinner. Called back next day and was able to get anything after 6-9pm. I ahd called at 90 days and I think the Dec park hours were not up yet. Got &:50pm at Cindy's..no problem.
Call bakc again
Connears

Originally posted by dcgrumpy:

That's not accurate at all.
Although PSes can be made up to 90 days in advance, park hours are not always out that early.
Plaza is the only table service that I've seen close that early more than once in the last few months.
Also, keep in mind that the CM may tell you the last available seating, which could be earlier than the last seating (if there are no tables left at 7:50, they can't offer you one).

Sorry, people have been posting that here for months now, I believed them.

No ill will meant, grumpy.
I've seen it posted on the boards too, but I've been in the park pretty much every other day and according to the PS system, there are seating times all the way up to about 15-20 minutes till park close at most of the MK table svcs.
I think that people are either mixing up availability with operating hours (the latest ps that was available when I tried to book was 4:30, therefore the restaurant closes at 4:30) or people are trying to walk-up after the last walk-up seatings are over and going to the same conclusion.
October is a fun month for PS at MK, as S,W,F are NSSHP days, when the park closes at 6pm and only LTT is open for the event (those days, the last seatings are at 5:45 indeed.)
Also, Nights of Joy and nights with 6 pm closes (which happened in Sept) will cause that type of schedule.
I have seen the Plaza close that early on a couple of nights, which was more an exception than a rule.

I would like to change my original response from "That's not accurate at all" to "That's not entirely accurate."

Again, not trying to single you out, as I've seen other people post this and then gone to work to find that it was not true (even though it might have been true the night before due to a special event or early close).

When I called to make my Crystal Palace PS, they told me they were only seating until 5:45; that was before the hours were posted. I called back last night and was able to get a 6:45 PS instead; they actually had quite a few different timeslots available.

That happened to us(and other Disers) for August. When calling asap too book for MGM or MK restaurants we couldnt get anything after 5:00. We knew it couldnt be sold out so we kept trying and trying. About 3 weeks before our trip they suddenly had the exact time we wanted(5:50) and according to the CM just about every 10 minute increment was available. :rolleyes:
Moral of the story...keep trying! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter