Just off the Dream...a few interesting points

Is this $50 only for previews or also for the DVC member party? No way was I drinking $50 worth at the member party on embarkation day. So if I can get a $50 stateroom credit, count me in.

The $50 is only for non dvc members who sign up and go to the one on one preview session with a DVC rep.

Just got off the Magic. No Navigators in the stateroom nightly, but easily obtained from guest services the night before whenever I happened to be walking by (I didn’t note the time). Always obtained two (one for kids, one for me, hubby uses the app) and never received any grief about the request. Never a push to use the app. Sometimes were already in the rack. Still individual shampoo, conditioner, and lotion containers. I was told by a CM that Magic is already transitioning to the reusable bottles. The reusable bags are cute. Hubby came home with more than we needed (we already have so many and even had some with us to carry all my Trader Joe’s Kettle Corn on board for the Buena Vista theater). And the paper straws held up fine for the duration of my drinks.

Last edited:
Thought I'd mention this. I was reading on the Disney Cruise Blog today. Scott has a post https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...roblem-a-personal-navigator-problem/#comments about the Navigators no longer being automatically delivered to your cabin (63 comments and counting!!). Reading through the comments, I noticed a couple of people mentioned that they did not receive any tickets in their cabins for things like meet and greets, character breakfasts, tastings, etc. Apparently that is now also handled with the app.

Thought I mention if for anyone getting ready to sail anytime soon. Be sure you have any of those types of items marked in your calendar, as you might not receive any notice in your cabin.

Is this for th
Thought I'd mention this. I was reading on the Disney Cruise Blog today. Scott has a post https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...roblem-a-personal-navigator-problem/#comments about the Navigators no longer being automatically delivered to your cabin (63 comments and counting!!). Reading through the comments, I noticed a couple of people mentioned that they did not receive any tickets in their cabins for things like meet and greets, character breakfasts, tastings, etc. Apparently that is now also handled with the app.

Thought I mention if for anyone getting ready to sail anytime soon. Be sure you have any of those types of items marked in your calendar, as you might not receive any notice in your cabin.
Is this including Port Adventure and/or Pre-paid spa tickets too? TY.

Is this for th

Is this including Port Adventure and/or Pre-paid spa tickets too? TY.

Scott noted that he did receive Port Adventure tickets. I don't recall seeing anything about not receiving spa tickets, but remember this is info taken from the comment section on a Disney Cruise Line Blog post. It could be that no one commenting had a spa appointment. As everyone's experience with the Navigator seems to be varying, I'd say it's tough to know what to expect regarding activity tickets. I just recommend heading on board with notes on any activities you've booked and not to rely on printed tickets. At least in the near future.

We did not receive any tickets for on board activities. The times were noted in my app. You can see them by getting to the My Plans screen. You get to that by pushing the Navy DCL logo circle that is usually at the bottom of the screen.

In February, we did not get tickets to meet and greets or drinking events, but we did get the tickets for the rainforest in physical form.

In March on the Wonder, the deciding factor seemed to be cost. It you paid for something( spa, port excursion ..) you got a paper ticket. If it was free (character breakfast, meet and greet..) you did not. The one exception was the adult supper club at Tiana's. Our tablemates almost missed their character breakfast because they forgot the date. it is on the app but I found there was a learning curve to it and it was not just me. We will be requesting paper navigators every day in April and sending a note to corporate when we get back (Scott posted the address on his blog.)

Ty. I'm thinking that I'll be requesting a paper navigagor as well.

Just be aware that the ticketed things like Princess Gathering and Frozen Meet and Greet are not typically in the Navigators (at least they were not in February and were not 2 Februarys ago). Just the character greetings that are open to everyone.

My family doesn't bring electronic devices on vacation. We keep a cheapo TracFone in the Spiffymobile for travel information and emergencies, and other than that, we unplug. I'd be willing to go to Guest Services for a Navigator if I didn't have to wait in line for it... why not just set them out there somewhere so that those who want them can take one?

We were on the Dream last week and the Navigators were set out on the side of the counter at Guest Services. No need to wait in line if you wanted one.

I couldn’t use the app my entire cruise in February. As soon as we left port, my phone was bricked with the “you must activate your phone” message. Couldn’t get attached to WiFi or cellular until we got back to Port Canaveral 4 days later.

I'll definitely get paper navigators each day of our cruise from Guest Services on the Magic next week. I also hope they still have toiletries in the little containers for our cruise. The only "green" that is in DCL's reasoning for not providing these is the green of the money they're saving, imo.

exactly

and considering i'm paying $22,000 for 3 staterooms on our cruise, i think disney can spend a few pennies and provide us with 3 printed navigators each night...

not everyone in the world has a smart phone (my mom being one...she doesn't even have a dumb phone)..

and not everyone in the world wants to drag that phone around with them on the cruise..
i certainly don't....
it goes into the safe when i board the ship and only comes out for port visits...

and even if i wanted to use my phone, it has a battery that lasts about half an hour (thanks apple), so it's simply not possible to use it as a navigator on board the ship..

so no...no app for me..

Last edited:
I was on the Dream last week and they had the navigators set out at guest services sometimes. Sometimes it was empty and so I had to wait in line. One day the app actually crashed and they told everyone to use the paper navigator. We were told it was to save paper but had 4 advertisement papers in the room (which I left for them to re-use). It makes no sense. The room did have the refillable toiletries but they were not secure like at the resort hotels. Both these things went on the comment card.

As a side note I feel like people are so messy. Every night at the theater there was garbage and water bottles everywhere. It was also on the beach at the end of the day. I actually picked up some trash so it wouldn't blow in the ocean. I know you're on vacation but come on people put your garbage in the trash can, they have them everywhere.

I'm saying this because there's been a trend of little cut backs on different cruise lines lately (disappearing of newspapers, paper schedules, table cloths, turn down service chocolate, printed pictures, shampoo bottles replaced by dispensers) and fees added here and there (room service). It's easy to anticipate that those changes will happen on DCL from one moment to another...

I'm sure other ships on other cruise lines also have those laundromat systems but they made the cuts regardless.
I'm inclined to believe that Disney won't make as many cuts as other lines because they are atleast twice the cost. But only time will tell.

I'm inclined to believe that Disney won't make as many cuts as other lines because they are atleast twice the cost. But only time will tell.
That's one reason I'm annoyed by the toiletries & navigators thing. DCL is really raking in the dough from their passengers now. They shouldn't be so cheap to those same passengers in return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter