Just returned from Boardwalk Grand Villa

There are 7 BWV GV's. Five have 1 story floorplans and 2 have the 2 story version. The two story GV's are side-by-side on the 5th and 6th floors. If looking from the outside they are under the 'Boardwalk' sign in the yellow section of the building.

Thanks for the info Lisa.....I was mistaken and thought there were 9. Boy, it must be tough for you BWV owners to secure a reservation in one of them.

Sorry to hear about your trouble and glad it was taken care of to your satisfaction.

I've stayed in this villa. We intentionally picked a 2 story because we stayed in a GV at OKW several times and really like that. We didn't do our homework just assumed they would be comparable.

It was my DH, me and our 5 children - at that time ages 16 thru 23, 2 of their friends and our 3 teenage nieces.

My husband and I had the first floor bedroom.. I couldn't believe that you had to walk out of the bedroom to get to the bathroom. The area you have to pass through - though not a long walk -- is totally visable by anyone in the kitchen, dining room and living room. It's a horrible layout.

In my opinion a big design flaw.

I'm glad they credited you the points! Wow, I would have been very upset, too. I wonder if they would've given you other rooms for the day/night until it was fixed.... Maybe 2 at BWV or even 2 at the Inn.

All I kept thinking was that this room was supposed to accomidate a large group and it barely worked for our family of 4.

Not that I don't agree with the fact that the 1-floor GVs are more spacious, and are generally set-up better, but I can't see how you felt it didn't work for 4 people!?! We stayed in the 2-floor GV for a week with 10 people and never found it too small. Another loveseat would have been nice, but otherwise plenty of room. How big is your home house!?!

Not that I don't agree with the fact that the 1-floor GVs are more spacious, and are generally set-up better, but I can't see how you felt it didn't work for 4 people!?! We stayed in the 2-floor GV for a week with 10 people and never found it too small. Another loveseat would have been nice, but otherwise plenty of room. How big is your home house!?!

I was talking about the living room area, not the whole GV. The GV was plenty for us. But when we were all in the living room area , we had 2 on the sofa and one in each chair. I just thought for a room that was designed to accommodate 12 people there should be a little more seating available in the living room without having to pull up chairs from the dining table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter