Just saved over $400 with 4 nights on deluxe dining

tbre1982

Mouseketeer
We just did 4 nights of deluxe dining and saved $400+. How did we do this?

Me, daughter (5) and son (2) stayed in one room and had the deluxe dining Plan. So 24 Credits for 4 nights. Daily cost = $106 adult, $39 child = $145 per day or $580/4 days

My mom and dad stayed in another room without the dining plan. We worked together and used all 24 credits on the most expensive adult meals and paid out of pocket for any kid food -- and with 3 apps/entrees/desserts per meal there was Plenty to share with the kids and we didn't order much else.

We spent The 24 meals credits as follows:

Day 1 arrival: OOP resort Quick service dinner
Day 2: Garden grill breakfast $33/adult
yachtsman dinner $251/3 Adults (6 credits)
Day 3:BOG Breakfast $25/adult
Tony parade package lunch $49/adult
Day 4:boma Breakfast
Hoop de doo $69/adult (6 credits)

And we spent $76 on our 16 snack credits. About half that was F&w booths.

Adding in tax, the total value of the food purchased with the plan was just over $1000, vs $568 to purchase the plan.

We were never once told we couldn't or shouldn't use the "child" credits for adult meals, or that we couldn't put some of the bill on credits And pay for half out of Pocket.

It's A great strategy to maximize the plan value if you have the right party configuration to do it and are meticulous about ensuring you divvy out the credits to the right people for the right meals.

Last edited:
We are doing almost the same thing in less than a week. Party of 9 in 2 rooms, one room has dining plan ( 3 A and 1 C)other room has 3 A. Will be sharing the 72 TS for the 6 days. Using it for 12 adult TS meals a day ( 6 lunch, 6 breakfast) and OOP for 4 year old. Thanks for sharing your success using the plan this way!!

We are doing almost the same thing in less than a week. Party of 9 in 2 rooms, one room has dining plan ( 3 A and 1 C)other room has 3 A. Will be sharing the 72 TS for the 6 days. Using it for 12 adult TS meals a day ( 6 lunch, 6 breakfast) and OOP for 4 year old. Thanks for sharing your success using the plan this way!!

Same here next week. I am confused a bit on your party of 9 though...is it 3 adults and 2 kids in the 2nd room? My wife, myself and 17yo son are Passholders and have a room only at CSR. Father, Sisters(2) and our college aged daughter arrive 2 days later with the DxDP at SSR. Six TS meals for 7A over 5 days. Still have 6 credits leftover to probably use as QS lunch somewhere. Even burning them on QS we'll come out ahead - especially Thanksgiving week where many restaurants implement "Holiday" prices.

Same here next week. I am confused a bit on your party of 9 though...is it 3 adults and 2 kids in the 2nd room? My wife, myself and 17yo son are Passholders and have a room only at CSR. Father, Sisters(2) and our college aged daughter arrive 2 days later with the DxDP at SSR. Six TS meals for 7A over 5 days. Still have 6 credits leftover to probably use as QS lunch somewhere. Even burning them on QS we'll come out ahead - especially Thanksgiving week where many restaurants implement "Holiday" prices.
One room is 3 adults and one 4 yr old ( dining plan room) other room is 3 adults and 2 infants. Strategically placed disney child in room with 3 adults for dining plan purposes. We will pay out of pocket for her meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!