Just some past garden pics - to brighten the winter duldrums (pics & sound)

DixieDreamer

<font color=blue>Instant Human - <font color=brown
<bgsound src="http://www.lyonfamilywdw.com/EnyaMidis/storms.mid">

Haven't posted any pics for a while (have not taken any is probably why!)... but I was reviewing my past garden photo journals today as I was working on my 2003 garden plans... and decided they made my heart feel so much lighter that I needed to just post them and share. :)

<center>

After the first bulbs have come and gone... spring really begins with the heady aroma of lilacs...

lilacs.jpg

...and phlox!

Phlox.jpg

Late spring belongs to the roses - who welcome the summer sun. :)

garden0527_7.jpg

garden0531_2.jpg

garden0531_4.jpg

garden0603_1.jpg

garden0610_2.jpg

As June unfolds... then the other players take center stage.

garden0617_1.jpg

Coreopsis and red centranthus - a pairing that cannot be beat.

garden0617_2.jpg

Coral Bells - strong bloomers and they really add a hotspot of color to the garden.

The roses continue to bloom on through the early summer.

garden0623_2.jpg

garden0626_3.jpg

garden0626_2.jpg

Then the heat of summer comes - July and August - dog days.

garden0721_1.jpg

garden0721_3.jpg

garden0721_5.jpg

garden0728_10.jpg

garden0728_4.jpg

garden0721_2.jpg

garden0728_7.jpg

Each year a new world evolves before my very eyes. I can hardly wait for the spring to come... to do this all over again. :)

</center>

Welcome back! Thanks for brightening up my very cold evening.

Your gardens always make me smile. :)

It's been so long since I gone into the yard, and with 15" of new snow in top of the foot of frozen snow that just won't go away. I don't think I'll be going out there soon.

With more snow tomorrow :( and I'm hoping the weather reports are wrong, more snow on Wednesday. Grrrrrr... we leave on Wednesday for 10 days in Florida, it can't come soon enough.

Oh DD... how beautiful... took my breath away.... thanks for doing that.. I almost forgot what beautiful flowers look like... Wouldn't I love it if you lived closer to me, I could use some guidance... Incredible..

Gorgeous, Laura! :) The flowers too...;) :)

I love seeing your beautiful gardens, thank you! :)

Spring is coming, isn't it....right....before too long....?? ;) :)

And I think I am a gardner? NOT!!! Is that a passion vine entwined with the pink rose?

I don't know how you do it. Just beautiful doesn't seem sufficient.

Thanks for posting.

Fabulous and uplifting! Thanks.....:D

Thanks so much dixie dreamer, I am STARVED for color in this cold hard winter! I can almost smell the lilacs!! Thanks again for the lift!:smooth: ........goof

Welcome to the Flower & Garden Board, Goofy4mickey48! :)

DixieD's pictures really are beautiful, aren't they! :)

DD... the pink flowers, they look like black eyed susans.. what are they called???and are they hearty...I do not have lots of sun.. North exposure.. any ideas???

Oh gosh...... DD these pictures are stunning.:)

These photos give me hope that this "white stuff" will be leaving soon.;)

Your pictures (as always) brighten my day!:sunny:

Hi everyone! Did I infect you all with my garden bug! LOL! I have it bad right now.... luckily it is time to start the flats and flats of seeds so I will have baby plants in about 6 to 8 weeks to begin populating the now bare beds. :)

Marlasmom - The purple plant intertwined with the coral rose is a actually a large bloom variety of clematis. I feel extremely pleased and lucky that this beauty has been thriving for me. My soil and native hot climate make this a hard plant to be successful with... but judicious placement where the roots remain damp and cool but the upper story has sunlight... has made it work. Not something I can do alot of because the conditions have to be JUST right to pull it off.

Marsha - The pink flowers with the droopy petals are purple coneflowers - otherwise known as echinacea. I have several varieties including magnum and the old style prairie coneflower which has narrower petals with a more pronounced droop to them. I love them because they are abundant and colorful from mid to late summer through the killing frosts of fall. They also attract hummingbirds and butterflys. They are very hardy and are robust self seeders (that can take over if you do not keep them in check). They are sun lovers though... so your northern exposure probably is not a good candidate for these plants. They are a prairie wildflower which grew abundantly on the American prairie. Another nice feature of them, is that the cones provide great winter interest in the garden if you refrain from "cleaning" them up in the fall. They lose the petals and have spikes with cones on top. Hmmm.... seems like you should start a thread and pick all the garden buds brains on what would be some good plant options for your northern facing planting site. :)

Thanks DD.. I do have one spot with sun.. LOL.. and there I have tried to plant many things... Maybe I will take some pics once this darn snow goes away and I can get some well needed help with planning.. I am writing down the Cone Flower thingy... I planted peonies in this area.. and am praying they come back this year..

Thank you, Laura.

This is a gorgeous post. :)

I feel so much better now......:)

Wow......such beautiful pictures of beautiful flowers!!!! It's still way too cold here and they certainly helped.

Now you've got me thinking too....usually I put in basically the same seeds and bulbs...but maybe not this year!!!

natur014.gif
Thanks so much, Dbl D, for adding some warmth and color to our day. And Storms is so appropriate, love it. Thanks.

DixieDee is an inspiration to us all. Absolutely Gorgeous! Warmed my soul on this cold, cold day. Thank you so VERY much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter