Just swapped out my oceanview for an inside on the WBTA 2018

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
It is a savings of about 440 usd which is about 550 Canadian. Plus it is on deck 7. A negative is that it is smaller with no split bath. I didn’t book when they first came out so the price for the inside is more than my verandah on this past September’s TA. Ouch. Hoping I made a good choice. It will just be me and a young teen daughter. How do people find an inside compared to a porthole room?

I had an inside on this year' EBTA. It was just me and my teen daughter. We enjoyed it very much :)

It is a savings of about 440 usd which is about 550 Canadian. Plus it is on deck 7. A negative is that it is smaller with no split bath. I didn’t book when they first came out so the price for the inside is more than my verandah on this past September’s TA. Ouch. Hoping I made a good choice. It will just be me and a young teen daughter. How do people find an inside compared to a porthole room?
I would go with a forward room. The vibration and engine noise in the insides is really bad. We had a midship- aft verandah and an inside across the hall. There was no engine noise in the verandah room, but really loud in the inside. If I ever book an inside again it will be as far forward as possible. Other then that it's fine. You may need to set your alarm to wake up.

We were in an inside a few times but I prefer O/V simply for me, natural light is very important. I felt disoriented in the inside rooms without being able to see the natural light.

MJ

EBOTE="mmouse37, post: 58531421, member: 27757"]We were in an inside a few times but I prefer O/V simply for me, natural light is very important. I felt disoriented in the inside rooms without being able to see the natural light.

MJ[/QUOTE]
Hi MJ, its Michele. I just swapped out a 10B to a 7A GTY on the Feb 2019 WBTA...Need an accessible bathroom
for DH but accessibles sold out on day 1. We booked on day 2 since we were on the Fantasy and didn't get to the future cruise desk until the day gold could book. Its a long way off so I'll keep checking. We also prefer natural light.

Is vibration an issue with all insides on the Magic? Getting a little worried now. All the ocean views are GTY. The reviews on the room I changed to say it was very quiet.

Is vibration an issue with all insides on the Magic? Getting a little worried now. All the ocean views are GTY. The reviews on the room I changed to say it was very quiet.
Vibration is an issue related to the cabin being aft, not to it being an inside. Aft oceanview and verandah cabins are also prone to vibration issues.

We sailed on a deck 6 inside aft stateroom on the Magic, and only felt/heard vibrations during docking. And the noise/vibration wasn't severe even then.

Vibration is an issue related to the cabin being aft, not to it being an inside. Aft oceanview and verandah cabins are also prone to vibration issues.

We sailed on a deck 6 inside aft stateroom on the Magic, and only felt/heard vibrations during docking. And the noise/vibration wasn't severe even then.
I disagree. Our verandah room across the hall did not vibrate. I've been in ocean views aft cabins on probably 8 cruises and did not experience vibration and engine noise. I'm sure it varies from room to room and person to person. Some people like white noise. I do not.

You will probably be fine. I don't like the engine noise, but others are not bothered by it. Kids running the halls I'm fine with. Engine noise I'm not.Were all different. I will say the Magic is getting old. In our verandah room the ceiling was separating. The put these things in it to stop it from banging. On the 5th night though it started banging. It was like a woodpecker pecking on the wall. Drove me nuts. I think it's kind of the luck of the draw what your going to get on the old ships. We've had ac's break, toilets break, banging walls, closets that won't stay closed, creaking and cracking ceilings. We've also had rooms with no issues.
They are good about fixing things, but the ship is old.
Also the deck 6 six insides above the theatre you can hear the bass from the theatre. Another area I'd stay away from.

We were on deck 6 this last TA but this is seven. Near the aft elevators. Fingers crossed the reviews are still accurate.

I disagree. Our verandah room across the hall did not vibrate. I've been in ocean views aft cabins on probably 8 cruises and did not experience vibration and engine noise. I'm sure it varies from room to room and person to person. Some people like white noise. I do not.
Not every cabin that is aft has a vibration issue. I was saying that when there are issues, it's due to the cabin being aft, not to being an inside.

Sometimes it's the placement of a particular room: even verandah cabins a few rooms away from each other can be different, with one having vibration issues, the other not having them.

Not every cabin that is aft has a vibration issue. I was saying that when there are issues, it's due to the cabin being aft, not to being an inside.

Sometimes it's the placement of a particular room: even verandah cabins a few rooms away from each other can be different, with one having vibration issues, the other not having them.
All I can say is I've stayed aft on every ship and every type cabin multiple times, and never noticed it until I booked an inside. I think the insides tend to be more over the engine therefore more noise. If the only way I could afford the cruise was an inside room I'd still book one. Trust me an inside room is the only way I'd be able to afford another European cruise on Disney. I'd just bring ear plugs next time.

My last 3 sailings on the Magic were aft. We had different experiences.
7638 Fine, no ceiling noise, just engine noise when getting into port. Accessible ..
6647 Major clanging noise in the ceiling We reported it and it was not the usual creaking noise,
it felt like pipes clanging continuously. At the 3rd day of a 7 night cruise they moved us to a
accessible cabin 6500 all the way forward..accessible.
7636 Nice large balcony but it got wet every time they hosed down the upper decks. Housekeeping had to use
a wetvac to remove the water. We didn't use the balcony that much, but needed the accessible cabin..
Normal noise when docking but not bad.

We were in an inside a few times but I prefer O/V simply for me, natural light is very important. I felt disoriented in the inside rooms without being able to see the natural light.

MJ
I used to be fine in an inside for all cruises, but i must admit that the natural light in ov cabins on the TA crossings helped me adjust to the time changes.

We have had verandah rooms and the inside sideways rooms on the Dream, Magic and Wonder. In January we will be in an oceanview for the first time. We liked the inside rooms, aft on the Magic. We don't spend much time in the rooms during the day but slept very well at night. We had no vibrations or other noises in the last 3 cruises, rooms 6011 and 6015.

We love insides, mostly all we ever book. I know I'm in the minority here too but greatly prefer the non-split bathrooms. The split baths are just too small for me and I'm not a big man. Don't overthink think this, you'll have a grand time and save some money in the process.

Thanks for all the great advice and honest comments pro and con. We have decided to keep the inside and give it a try. Just sorry I didn’t book opening day, the cost is about double that of the 2017 western TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter