Just to make sure I don't miss anything...

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
We've booked our Welcome Home trip to CCV for June 2020...my "plan" is to buy APs for DH and myself and just 7 day hopper tix for my 2 DS' - and I'll buy DxDP too..

1. At what point do I need to book and pay for the dining plan? Just 48 hours before we arrive?
2. For tickets, I need to have our APs and the boys tickets purchased earlier than the 60-day FP+ booking window, right? And give it plenty of time to get tickets linked to MDE, too? AND is it better/cheaper to buy the boys (21 & 18) tickets through Disney or UT?
3. For Magic bands, are those mailed to the house ahead of time or do we pick them up at the hotel when we arrive?

What else could I be missing for our first trip at DVC owners?? I feel like this is a whole new ballgame!

Thanks!

1. I'd do further than 48 hours, just because. If your 48 hours lands on a day with high phone volume, there you are for 4 hours on hold, KWIM? I mean, maybe you don't yet, but imagine. Happens.

2. Yes. No tickets, no FP.

3. If yu live in the US they are mailed ahead. If you live abroad they will be at the hotel on arrival.

Welcome Home!!

1. Dining plan has to be paid for at time of purchase. It can be bought up to 48 hrs before, after that no go.
See where your dining, it might not be worth it for you, look up about Tables in Wonderland

2. Tickets are cheaper with UT

3. As long as you live in USA then yes they will mail them to you, if your like us from Canada, pick up at resort.

if You order tickets via Disney, they will be added to MDE as you buy them as they ask you to assign them to someone, however, you will save by using Undercover Tourists. Once you do, you will get an email and can add the ticket very quickly and easily to MDE.

You can also get yourself and DH tickets that way and then upgrade when you get there, You simply use the ticket once and go to guest services to upgrade to thenAP and it should bridge to the Disney price, allowing you to just pay the difference,

In terms of dining plan, if you are planning to do any meals that require prepayment like Hoop De Doo, etc., then you will be charged if you don’t yet have the dining plan purchased, if you purchase after, they will refund you the charge when you get there,

I’m doing that for my Dec trip, I booked Spirit of Aloha and paid for it because I don’t want to pay for DDP for my friend and I until beginning of December. I agree with others, I wouldn’t add it down to the wire, but maybe a week ahead of time,

Welcome home!

you guys ROCK!!! and I'm sure I'll buy the dining plan sometime in December when I can book my ADRs, as waiting until 48 hours would stress me out!!!

DH and I bought tickets from UT earlier this year for a quickie trip and that worked out well, and did link with our MDE - so I might go that route...

thanks again!!

you guys ROCK!!! and I'm sure I'll buy the dining plan sometime in December when I can book my ADRs, as waiting until 48 hours would stress me out!!!

DH and I bought tickets from UT earlier this year for a quickie trip and that worked out well, and did link with our MDE - so I might go that route...

thanks again!!
You can book dining without booking the DP yet. Figure out where you get into for meals. Then you xan see if you need DP. You can add it up to 48hrs before checkin. You do not need it to book dining

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter