Ka'anapali Beach Club, then Aulani February 2017

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
What a great stay!

KBC was an RCI exchange, our first exchange out of Disney and it was worth every point, 150, and cash outlay ($95 to trade out, $25 each day resort, and about $140 in Hawaii taxes ) for a 1 bedroom.

The one bedroom amenities were very nice, somewhat dated, but everything (except we did blow a fuse when we had the electric skillet working at the same time as the microwave. This was fixed within 1/2 hour and we did move the electric skillet to a different area.) was in good working order. The resort itself is referred to "Embassy Suites" by many locals, it has been converted to the timeshare resort by Diamond International Resorts.

There were 3 adults in the 1 bedroom, and my sister thought the sleep sofa was absolutely perfect, she never felt she was on a convertible, it felt like a bed. The bathroom was huge and included 2 sink areas, Nancy had her own sink area, she kept her toiletries on a bench next to"her" sink. There was a shower stall, jacuzzi and throne room.

Amenities like towels for bath use were plentiful. Unlike DVC extra towels, washcloths were in the unit. Plus a full cleaning, change of sheets was given to us on Tuesday, we arrived on Friday for the week. A card was under each queen bed, it said "Yes, we do check and clean under beds.":)

I will continue.

Bobbi

Do they still have the old mini golf up on the roof area at KBC? We took our kids once just to play and I actually thought the views from the pool area were just stunning.

Do they still have the old mini golf up on the roof area at KBC? We took our kids once just to play and I actually thought the views from the pool area were just stunning.
Yes the mini golf is still there, and we saw it being used!

IMG_2826.JPG

We agreed to do a timeshare presentation, and it lasted 2 hours, not particularly high stress, and if we were 10 years younger we would buy into KBC, resale.

In return for going to the presentation we received a great discount for the Luau and about 20% discount for two other excursions. The luau was very nice and only cost us $25 each. The 2 excursions we picked were the Road to Hana and a 2 hour whale watch. Exceptional values we thought.

One "bad" thing we felt about KBC were the tiles on the floors in the hallways. Rain comes into the hotel lobby area, and the floor gets slippery. Aulani has a slippery problem with the pool decks. In each case I do not think putting the little placards "caution slippery when wet" or some such slogan is enough! Do something!!

KBC had a wonderful buffet breakfast, with a deal if you bought a card for 3. All of us enjoyed breakfast there, plenty of options, and an omelette, egg frying station. I think with the card, each breakfast was under $15, not counting optional tipping.

We went to Maui because the whales are there, and we were thrilled. We saw them right from the balcony, from the promenade at the resort, and even from the multiple state beach parks that are along highways.

Bonus sightings were turtles that we saw from those state parks.

It sounds very relaxing. Do you have any photos of your villa? Besides KBC, where did you eat?

Kate

It sounds very relaxing. Do you have any photos of your villa? Besides KBC, where did you eat?

Kate

http://www.leodas.com/

Delicious meat pies and desserts!

https://paiafishmarket.com/

Excellent meal!

I have to think about other meals in Maui, some were at roadside places en route to Haleakala, we went to that NP twice ....The Road to Hana included 2 meals associated with the company.

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the unit. There were 2 queens in the bedroom and a queen sleeper in the living room.

Thanks for writing your this. It reminds me I need to write my report from my 1st GCV and Aulani!!!

Happy to hear the trade was good I have never done a trade, but would love to one day! Having 2 queens is actually much more useful for families!

And I agree those walkways around Aulani pool are downright dangerous!
Kerri

Thanks for writing your this. It reminds me I need to write my report from my 1st GCV and Aulani!!!

Happy to hear the trade was good I have never done a trade, but would love to one day! Having 2 queens is actually much more useful for families!

And I agree those walkways around Aulani pool are downright dangerous!
Kerri
Looking forward to reading your review!

We have stayed here twice as cash customer @ $199 a night in 2008 and 2015. Not disney, not marriott, but the price was right for us to do it twice.

it's a great place to use as a base to go explore maui. the pool is nice. but i would not recomend you try and spend all day at the beach here. the beach area is not "swimable" because of all the coral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!