** Kat & Pauls Wishes Wedding 3.8.11 WG/AG/DP @ UK Lochside **

Everything looked so good!! I wish I could have afforded a bridal tea. Mum and I were supposed to go to afternoon tea at the GF, but I totally forgot about it :rolleyes1

Wow Kat your teaparty looks amazing!! You look so sweet in your dress!! The miniature cakes and the kids' cupcakes look so yummy!!
Looking forward to reading all about the big day itself!!!

Thank you! :goodvibes I love my dress! I need another reason to wear it now!

Everything looked so good!! I wish I could have afforded a bridal tea. Mum and I were supposed to go to afternoon tea at the GF, but I totally forgot about it :rolleyes1

Time just runs away with you though doesn't it?! There was so much I had planned on doing that I just ran out of time for!

I made a point of writing down things every day that we had done but it looks like I forgot to write anything down for day 5 so I'll combine days 5 and 6!

Day 5 was my shopping day without DH! :woohoo: As the boys had been at Hooters the night before we knew they'd be in no fit state to actually do anything so my friend Hayley and I went shopping at the Millenia Mall...it's like heaven there! I love it! :lovestruc

My mum and sister dropped us off at opening time and went off to shop at Target (they love their bargains!) and Hayley and I headed inside! We didn't have all day so we got to it! The only thing I wanted to get was a pair of Dior sunglasses but imagine my surprise when I found out there was no longer a Dior store there!! :scared1: Needless to say I was not impressed! We checked out the other stores but I just wasn't loving any of them! We wandered past the sunglass hut and I decided to go in and have a look. I found a pair of Gucci sunglasses that I loved! They were a little bit more pricey than I had planned on paying but DH had said I could buy new sunglasses and he hadn't given me a price limit so I bought them!! :goodvibes I also got a tank top from Ed Hardy and tried on a fab swimming costume that was unfortunately not long enough :sad2: Hayley did well too and got herself a few new bits too! She was eyeing up a juicy bag but didn't buy it (I would like to add it only took a few days before her hubby took her back and bought it for her! :thumbsup2)

Once we were all shopped out we headed to Perkins (again) for lunch and Hayley surprised us by treating us which was lovley. Then we headed to DTD to meet up with the guys and the kids and buy their princess dresses! Just a little side note here...Paul & Hayley's girls are quite often dressed the same and Paul had had to dress them himself this morning due to our shopping trip, so you can imagine the fun we had teasing him when we quickly discovered that the girls were wearing each others clothes! Katie is a little dot so I don't know how he didn't realise her clothes were huge?! Men! They never pay enough attention! But back to princess dress shopping! I'd been looking foward to it for ages!! We headed inside to all the pretty dresses and told the girls to pick whichever dress they wanted. It wasn't a surprise as we had told them they would be dressed as the princess of their choice and they had originally chosen to be Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle but they ended up picking Tiana, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. It must be so nice to be a child...the hardest decision for Charlie was to decide if she wanted the gloves and bag or the tiara (when we told her she could have both her little face lit up!) It was really fun and the girls were all excited to get their dresses! After that we headed home to chill by the pool...I so miss that pool!

pool.jpg

That evening the last of the guests arrived...my uncle and his GF. I love my uncle...he is the best! They arrived in their mustang (oh my was DH jealous!!) We had a really nice evening together, just chilling and catching up and making sure we had everything packed for our move to the BCV the next day!!

car.jpg

Speaking of the next day...this is DH and my Uncle Colin by the car after loading it up!

When we woke up on the 7th we decided to head out for breakfast. Not Perkins this time you'll be surprised to hear but Denny's. We don't eat there often but I really enjoyed it! After Dennys we hit up Walmart. My uncle is a manager at his local Asda and was keen to head to Wal Mart to compare...needless to say I think Wal Mart is WAY better than Asda!! We ended up buying loads more than planned (isn't that always the way?!) and once we were sufficiently broke we headed back to the villa to load up the cars!

I still feel all excited when I think about this day! The day before our wedding!!!! :goodvibes It feels like so long ago now and I guess, to be fair, it was over a month ago now!

Here's DH loading up our car

boot.jpg

When we were ready we headed off alone (we were pros by this point at getting around on our own!)

We made a quick stop at DTD to buy some Mickey Mouse pants for DH to wear for the wedding and then jumped back in the car and headed over to the BCV.

On our way I got a call from DHs brother who was quite obviously trying to get us to go and pick them up without coming right out and asking us. I wasn't prepared to do it though. I knew they could get a cab and it wasn't that pricey...I didn't want to spend my day running around picking people up. Actually, I wouldn't of had to pick anyone up...I'd of had to stay at the BC, alone, while DH went to pick them up as we wouldn't of all been able to fit in the car otherwise. I'm not sure they were too happy about it but I didn't feel like it was our responsibilty to drive them around. When it came down to it, everyone had had 3 years to plan how they were going to get from a to b. They got a cab in the end.

We valet parked the car and left all the luggage with bell services. I kept all the welcome bags with me and we went over to check in. The woman checking us in was really nice. She was super helpful and gave us everyones room numbers, told us who had already checked in and took all the welcome bags and arranged delivery to all the rooms for us which was great! We headed to the pool soon after and I went for a swim with my family and DH went off to write his speech! Yes I know, nothing like leaving it till the last minute! I'd been bugging him for months to write it and he left it until the day before the wedding! That's my hubby for you though!! A total procrastinator :)

We had a great time by the pool and got to see the lifeguard dance too. I accidentally dunked my neice in the pool too...I didn't mean to I swear...it just happened!

We got given our room at nearly 4pm and were given room 141. I wasn't happy as it was on the ground floor but a rooms a room and it's not as if I requested a room higher up. When we got there our key didn't work and we had to walk back to reception only to find out that they had given us the wrong room! When DH went to see if it was ready he gave them his surname instead of mine so they sent us to his mums room! We were actually in room 558 and I was much happier this time! We went up to our room and bell services bought our luggage up, minus 1 cane. DH sent them back down to find the missing cane and they bought it back up 10 minutes later. Crisis averted!

Here's the view from our balcony

view1.jpg

view2.jpg

Here's our door hanger on the door!

doorhanger.jpg

We freshened up and went back to the lobby to meet my family for my last family meal as a Schwartz.

On our way back we stopped to get our picture taken with Ariel (its tradition!)

paul.jpg

kat.jpg

My mum and dad weren't there and DH needed some socks as he left his wedding socks back at the villa so we went into the shop with my neice. After her dunking this afternoon I felt really bad so told her I'd buy her something in the shop to make up for it...but not when DH was there as he'd tell me off!! :rotfl:We wandered round and she picked up all sorts of things and ooh'd and ahh'd over them. DH came over to meet us just at the moment that Laura picked up some Minnie Mouse princess ears and announced 'I have always wanted these!!' :rotfl:She cracks me up! She hasn't always wanted them at all...infact this was probably the first time she had ever seen them but she's so cute...even DH couldn't say no. So we got them for her. Yes, we're suckers!

After our trip around the shop we went back out to the lobby to meet up with my family. We all said goodbye to DH as this was the last time I'd see him before walking down the aisle! He headed to the bar and we all went to Tony Romas!

My uncles GF was very generous and gave up her seat so I could ride in the front of the mustang.

Tony Romas was really busy so they had to sit us at 2 tables which was a bit rubbish but it was either that or go somewhere else. I drank too much and got too much sun during the day so by the time we left I wasn't feeing too great. I headed straight to my room to wait for my sister as she was staying with me that night. My BIL headed to the bar to have a drink with everyone so my sister sat in her room and I sat in my room...alone. It was nearly 11pm when he finally went back to the room. I really wasn't feeling great so we didn't stay up late. It wasn't the evening I had thought we'd have but it was nice and I'm so glad she came to spend the night with me.

Here's a picture of my uncle and his GF, our photographer and my BIL in the bar

bar.jpg

Up next...the wedding day!!!!!!

Isn't it funny that we're up to the same part of our TR's?? :laughing: OK, maybe not that funny, but I like obscure coincidences...

I'm not posting the wedding day until I get the rest of my professional pics, however I'm hoping that will be today... :flower3:

Can't wait to read all about your wedding day! It feels so strange that all of this was going on while I was there too, and I don't know about you, but it seriously felt like I was the only wedding going on the whole time we were there!

Isn't it funny that we're up to the same part of our TR's?? :laughing: OK, maybe not that funny, but I like obscure coincidences...

I'm not posting the wedding day until I get the rest of my professional pics, however I'm hoping that will be today... :flower3:

Can't wait to read all about your wedding day! It feels so strange that all of this was going on while I was there too, and I don't know about you, but it seriously felt like I was the only wedding going on the whole time we were there!

I didn't even realise that! :rotfl: I love a good coincidence!

I've seen all my wedding pictures but I'm still waiting for the disc which is driving me insane...I don't want to post about the wedding day until I have pictures to post along with it.

Yeah I felt the same...if there were other weddings, and there obviously were, I didn't know anything about it!! I almost felt like ours was the first wedding there! Well, thats how they made us feel, obviously we weren't!!

I'm finally going to make a start on our wedding day, the bit that everyone actually wants to read about!

I didn't mean to wait so long to write about it but DH and I got some good news that's kept us busy and I just haven't found the time to write about it! But I'm off work sick today so thought it might be a good idea to make a start! But...before I do...I want to tell you all our good news...we're having a baby!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I am sooooo excited (so is DH too!) it was planned but we just didn't think it'd happen quite so quickly!! I'm still waiting to hear about when our scan will be but hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks we'll have some pictures! :goodvibes Morning sickness is in full swing and got the better of me today which is why I'm not at work, but enough about that for now! On to our wedding day!!

My alarm went off at 7am and like most brides, I was awake immediatly! I didn't get up straight away though as I wanted to know how I felt before dragging myself out of bed! Like I'd said previously, I hadn't been feeling too great the night before but, luckily, I was feeling better in the morning...a little bit anyway! When I did get out of bed the first thing I did was check out the previous days sunburn...thankfully it had gone down and I wasn't looking like a lobster anymore! I then announced to my sister, it total princess style, that I needed my veil, from my mum and dads room, and I needed it by 7:30am. Being the dutiful MOH off she went to my parents room, in her PJs, to get the veil. I had a wander around and got a glass of water before settling down and turning on the laptop to update my status on FB! Yes, sad I know, but I'm addicted!!

Carolyn Allens arrived on time and made a joke about me being Kate. I have to admit I didn't get it at the time. It was too early and I hadn't had breakfast but when I realised they meant Kate Middleton, what with me being British and all I humoured them and played along!

They got straight to work steaming the dress and we chatted about Spurs (UK football team) as that's who we all support. When the boys had their suit fitting the guy from Carolyn Allens recommended a bar they could go to watch the game...even when on holiday you can't get away from it!! They were super quick and before we knew it the dress and veil were done. We paid and they went on their way! Super easy!

Our photographer came over to take some pictures of the dress for me and then headed back to his room to help the guys. Little did I know at this point that DH wasn't very well.

GandKatWeddingB128.jpg

Mum ordered breakfast for us...I wasn't hungry but knew I had to eat something. We had bacon, egg, sausage, pancakes, Mickey waffles and fruit...it was yummy! I'd always said I had to have Mickey waffles on the morning of the wedding so I'm glad I did! The only downside was that I really wanted some chocolate sauce on my waffles but fogot to ask for it when we ordered so I had them plain as I don't like maple syrup!

DSC03509.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

After breakfast my friend Zoe, my original MOH, called from the UK. We had a chat but she got a bit upset so we had to end the call. It was great getting to speak to her but I was still sad she wasn't there with me.

My sister jumped in the shower and while we were alone my mum gave me a gift...it's a bracelet filled with Disney charms...like a pandora bracelet. It's gorgeous! I'll have to take a picture later to show you.

Soon after my mum headed back to her room to wash her hair ready to have it styled and then Jackie from Fairytale Hair and Makeup arrived! It feels like people were coming and going so fast! Just to change the subject a bit here...I'd been emailing Jackie the day before to confirm everything and told her it was only me getting my makeup done...I don't know why...I just did. So when Jackie arrived I had to tell her I'd obviously had a crazy moment and my MOH DID want her makeup done. Luckily she didn't bat an eyelid and said it wasn't a problem! Phew...problem solved!

She started on my hair, just curling it and pinning it up ready for the real work later on. Not that my dad realised this as when he came up later with my mum he told me I looked beautiful :laughing:

My mum had her hair styled and then headed back to her room as she needed to get my neice ready. When I think back I wish my mum and niece had gotten ready in my room. It was very calm in my room with just Sarah and I but I feel like my mum should of been with us to enjoy it all and help get us all ready! I do like going off topic...Jackie then started on my sisters hair and makeup and she did a fab job...the only thing we didn't like was the lipstick which was a bit dark for my sister but that was easily changed! While this was going on our flowers turned up. I answered the door and the man delivering them assumed Sarah was the bride. He was surprised when I told him that, no, that was me. Turns out he hadn't seen many brides answering the door themselves on their wedding day! The flowers were perfect. It got me a little bit more excited for what was coming up!

Chris (photographer) popped in and out and took pictures of the flowers and my accessories too.

My neice arrived just as Jackie started on my hair. She'd covered her face in pink lipstick (my neice not Jackie!) and my mum had tried really hard to get it all off but she still had a pink face! :rotfl: She got into her princess dress and my sister did her hair. She complained for a bit that the dress was itchy but she soon forgot about that. She's easily distracted!

I loved getting my hair and makeup done. I could easily get used to someone pampering me every morning!! I didn't give Jackie much direction when it came to my makeup but she really hit the nail on the head! I loved what she did. It was simple and elegant and just perfect. I'd already sent her a picture of how I wanted my hair and she did a brilliant job!

Here's a picture of me seeing my hair and makeup for the first time...

GandKatWeddingB187.jpg

Here's some other pictures of my hair...

GandKatWeddingB189.jpg

GandKatWeddingB193.jpg

GandKatWeddingB194.jpg

I would totally 100% recommend Jackie. She was super friendly and did a fantastic job with little direction.

We'd run over on time and left very little time to actually get dressed! Oops?! The bridesmaids were being bought upto the room at midday and by 11:30am we were still in our pjs! We got my sister ready first which didn't take long, just a case of squeezing her into underwear followed by a dress! Easy peasy! Then it was my turn. I didn't think about it at the time but when we got out photos back I realised how disappointed I was that our photographer hadn't been with us to get pictures of us getting ready. There is still a part of me that wishes DH had let me spend the extra money and book Misty or the Roots or someone but he had wanted his friend to do the pictures and he'd given us a great price but I do think it shows in some of the pictures that he isn't a Disney professional. Don't get me wrong. I think he did a fab job and got some really great shots but there were still so many missing that I think only someone who is used to taking pictures at Disney would get. On the day though this thought didn't cross my mind!

My sister had just finished getting me into my underwear when my dad turned up. They both helped get me into my dress and then my sister laced up the back for me. From the minute I put my dress on I felt like a total princess...it's a moment I don't think I'll ever forget :) My sister had JUST finished lacing my dress up when there was a knock on the door...

First off, congratulations a hundred times about the baby!!!!! You must be so thrilled and happy. I am so pleased for you!!!
Wow Kat, how beautiful you look!!! From the photos posted so far, I totally cannot tell that your photographer is not a professional!!! I know Randy was around at the tail end of my getting ready session, but I'm not sure what he shot - you can never tell with Randy, as he is constantly clicking away!!!
This looks like the star of a great wedding day report and I can't wait to read more!!!

I didnt mean to wait so long to write about it but DH and I got some good news thats kept us busy and I just havent found the time to write about it! But I'm off work sick today so thought it might be a good idea to make a start on it. But...before I do...I want to tell you all our good news...we're having a baby!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I am sooooo excited (so is DH too!) it was planned but we just didnt think it'd happen quite so quickly!! I'm still waiting to hear about when our scan will be but hopefully in the 3-4weeks we'll have some pics! :goodvibes Morning sickness is in full swing and got the better of my today which is why I'm not at work, but enough about that! On to our wedding day!!

Congratulations!

I loved getting my hair and makeup done. I could easily get used to someone pampering me every morning!!

Me too, I always say if I had the money I'd want a stylist on staff 24/7.

I didnt think about it at the time but when we got out photos back I realised how disappointed I was that our photographer hadnt been with us to get pics of us getting ready. There is still a part of me that wishes DH had let me spend the extra money and book Misty or the Roots or someone but he had wanted his friend to do the pics and he'd given us a great price but I do think it shows in some of the pics that he isnt a professional. Dont get me wrong. I think he did a fab job and got some really great shots but there were still so many missing that I think only someone who is used to taking pics at Disney would get. On the day though this thought didnt cross my mind!

I'm the same way when it came to having a videographer, we decided to skip it to save money and we'd just get my brother to do it, but when the day came we completely forgot about it, so now we have no video footage :sad2:

First off, congratulations a hundred times about the baby!!!!! You must be so thrilled and happy. I am so pleased for you!!!
Wow Kat, how beautiful you look!!! From the photos posted so far, I totally cannot tell that your photographer is not a professional!!! I know Randy was around at the tail end of my getting ready session, but I'm not sure what he shot - you can never tell with Randy, as he is constantly clicking away!!!
This looks like the star of a great wedding day report and I can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you! I am so over the moon! :goodvibes

He did a good job...I say he isn't a professional...he's actually an electrician but does photography in his spare time...some of the pictures he got were fab though...I think my problem is I wanted the roots or misty and I just don't think I'd of been 100% happy with anyone unless it was them!

Congratulations!

Me too, I always say if I had the money I'd want a stylist on staff 24/7.

I'm the same way when it came to having a videographer, we decided to skip it to save money and we'd just get my brother to do it, but when the day came we completely forgot about it, so now we have no video footage :sad2:

Thank you! :goodvibes How nice would it be to wake up every morning and have someone there to make you beautiful! Sounds like heaven to me! :) I guess there's always something eh?! DH always tells me I'm never happy! We did have a videographer and I cannot wait to get the video back now! We originally only got it as DHs family weren't coming but then they changed their minds which was great and although we umm'd and ahh'd over it we decided we'd already put it in the budget so we might aswell stick with it! You have some amazing pictures of your day though so the fact you don't have any video footage isn't the end of the world!

Congrats on the baby! Can't wait to read more. popcorn::

Thank you! I'll try not to keep you all waiting too long for the next update!

Congrats on the baby!! Can't wait to keep reading!!! Your hair looked absolutely gorgeous!!

Thank you! :goodvibes I loved my hair...I want to have it like that every day!! :rotfl:

So again it's taken me ages to get round to the next installment of our wedding day...I know, I'm rubbish!

Before I get back on to the wedding day I wanted to share the first picture of our new baby! :goodvibes

babyg.jpg

I keep telling Paul it's a girl but he just doesn't believe me! Go figure?! :confused3 We shall see I guess!! Baby is due 9th December and it cannot come around quick enough! I'm throughly enjoying the whole thing (well that's a lie actually as I hate the morning sickness, the constant headaches and the tiredness...I'm in bed by 8pm most evenings! :rotfl:) But I am excited to be a mummy and I'm enjoying planning for our new arrival! It's taken over from the all the wedding planning that I miss so much!

Anyway, enough baby talk, lets get back to the wedding day! :banana:

At midday the last 2 princesses arrived with their mum and dad (they are only 2 and 5 so had to be escorted to our room) The original plan was for them to get dropped off and then my sister would look after the 3 little ones and get them where they needed to be. Of course it never goes to plan so as the youngest had only recently woken up from a nap both their parents stayed. I'd originally not wanted anyone to see me before the wedding, except the obvious but ok'd them staying as I could see Hayley in the mirror and if I could see her I was pretty sure she could see me (she later confirmed that she could) so it wasn't much of a surprise anymore! As it turned out it was handy having them there to help out!

We had some pictures taken in the room before heading down to the lobby for some more pictures and to meet the videographer! This could well of been one of my most favourite moments of the day! :goodvibes

GandKatWeddingB246.jpg

GandKatWeddingB260.jpg

GandKatWeddingB263.jpg

GandKatWeddingB270.jpg

GandKatWeddingB264.jpg

DH has written an account of the wedding day through his eyes and when I get my hands on it I'll post some of it for you to read but until then I've just got some pictures of what they got up to during this time...

Here's the BM writing his speech!
GandKatWeddingB138.jpg

DH continuing to write his speech the morning of the wedding!
GandKatWeddingB141.jpg

GandKatWeddingB170.jpg

GandKatWeddingB169.jpg

DH wearing his dad cufflinks
GandKatWeddingB174.jpg

GandKatWeddingB175.jpg

The boys practicing their entrance dance!
GandKatWeddingB178.jpg

So, like I said, making our way down to the BC lobby was one of my favourite parts of the day (other than marrying DH of course!)

We were late leaving the room, confusion between Carol and my MOH, but hey, I'm the bride! It's not going to start without me is it?!

I got a bit emotional as we got ready to leave but I took a few deep breaths and pulled it together enough to make our way down the corridor to the elevators with my dad and the rest of the gang in tow.

We passed a few people as we made our way out of the BCVs and into the main hotel. Everyone was looking and wishing me congratulations. I wont lie, I loved every minute of it!

GandKatWeddingB286.jpg

GandKatWeddingB289.jpg

The lobby was busy and lots of people came up and said how beautiful I looked and how gorgeous my dress was (I'm not biased but I totally agree! :rotfl: ) I was a little annoyed when we stopped inside the lobby as DHs mum was in the lobby. I'd told everyone to be at the WG for 2pm as I didn't want anyone to see me before the wedding but she says she was told to wait there. I don't know who by or why but I just pretended she wasn't there! :laughing: While Carol and her assistants gave out the last of the flowers to Dad and the other guests who were with me I had some more pictures taken

I had to have pictures taken on the stairs but really, they just aren't half as nice as the stairs in the GF!
GandKatWeddingB303.jpg

GandKatWeddingB310.jpg

GandKatWeddingB314.jpg

GandKatWeddingB315.jpg

GandKatWeddingB318.jpg

GandKatWeddingB328.jpg

GandKatWeddingB333.jpg

We met the videographer at this point aswell. I can't remember any of their names but they were fab and very discreet...I just forgot they were there half the time! I can't wait to see the video...it should be here early July! :goodvibes

We had pictures taken in several places around the BC. I even got some outside BCVs on the grass. Some were staged and some weren't. Even the videographer got us doing certain things like Dad and I walking down the corridor together toward the camera (that was on the floor)

Before long it was time to head to the WG...eek! :scared1: I had originally said I wanted to walk outside but it was so warm we walked through the BC and YC and I'm so glad we did! We passed lots of people who all ooh'd and aah'd over the little ones...and who can blame them...they really did look absolutely adorable! The walk was long but I enjoyed every minute of it. I felt famous as the photographer was snapping away the whole time! It was all exactly what I wanted!

GandKatWeddingB344.jpg

GandKatWeddingB354.jpg

GandKatWeddingB365.jpg

We walked down endless corridors that just seemed to get smaller and smaller until we reached a door. The door that would take me outside to become Mrs Greenaway! :goodvibes

Our friend Paul headed out to take his seat. His wife wasn't far behind him...she hung back a bit to see if their youngest wanted to walk with the big girls or if she wanted to sit with her mum and dad. I'm really glad that she stayed with us though! Each time the door opened to let someone out I heard a bit of Disney music. It was so weird to hear the music DH and I had spent so long tyring to decide on!

Next up: walking down the aisle

ooh how exciting! Doesn't it make you feel like a million dollars when you're walking to your wedding?? :lovestruc

Another great installment Kat!!!
Your really look so beautiful and full of excitement in the photos - no sign of nervousness at all!!
I loved all the congratulations and compliments on our special day too!!! I really felt like a movie star or royalty or something!!!
Hope you are keeping well and not being too troubled by morning sickness (been there, done that!!!)

ooh how exciting! Doesn't it make you feel like a million dollars when you're walking to your wedding?? :lovestruc

Yes it really does! I'd like to feel like that everyday!!

Another great installment Kat!!!
Your really look so beautiful and full of excitement in the photos - no sign of nervousness at all!!
I loved all the congratulations and compliments on our special day too!!! I really felt like a movie star or royalty or something!!!
Hope you are keeping well and not being too troubled by morning sickness (been there, done that!!!)

Thank you! It was lovely wasn't it?! One thing I would of missed out on getting married back home!

The morning sickness is starting to pass so I feel good most of the time now...thank goodness!!

When I walked out the door at the YC it was the first time I'd seen everything all pulled together. We were still a distance from the WG but I still got teary. I could see all the guests sitting there waiting, but it was the sight of DH (well the back of DH) that pushed me over the edge! I'd been waiting for this day for over 3 years and I honestly couldn't believe it was finally here! I was actually marrying the love of my life! I was trying so hard not to cry, taking deep breaths and everything, and my dad said 'think of something that will make you laugh...think of shepherds pie!' :rotfl: It actually made me laugh out loud! I don't know why he said it but it certainly worked! Even now it makes me smile when I think about it.

Here we are waiting for our time to walk

GandKatWeddingC379.jpg

Even before we got engaged I knew I was going to walk down the aisle to cannon in d and I have always known the exact point when I would walk. Bridesmaids and MOH were already well on their way down the aisle and as I stood there breathing deeply, and then laughing at my dad, I kept my ear open for my moment.

As it drew closer Carol told me to hold my bouquet low so the photographer could get some good pictures and then I said, well, actually I can't remember my exact words but it was time and we had to start walking! :scared1:

We walked to the end of the path and Carol straightend out my train. All the way down (up?) the aisle I couldn't take my eyes off DH. Rev Jack gave him the nod as I reached the guests and DH turned around. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I was grinning from ear to ear...I was so unbelievably happy! I still am :goodvibes I do remember thinking this is the last time I'll ever do this as I reached the end of the aisle! :laughing: Before I knew it I was standing next to DH! How did that happen?!

Then the ceremony started...

We are gathered here today to share one of the happiest moments in the lives of Paul and Katherine, as they are about to become husband and wife. They particularly wanted to invite you here because the growth of their love is connected to this place. It has given them a feeling of timelessness and peace, and a sense of wonder of life.

True marriage is more than joining the bond of marriage of two persons. It is the uniting of two souls already attuned to one another. We are here to observe the beginning of a new relationship between Paul and Katherine, these two friends who are already one in spirit.

May I ask who adds their blessing to this beautiful wedding by presenting Katherine to be married to Paul?

This bit in the ceremony is really important to my Dad. He's never said it but we all know how much it means to him. He said his bit ('I do') and then joined our hands together before taking his seat.

It is with love and joy that your families are with you on this happy occasion, as a new family is begun.

The mood of this wedding is one of festivity and wellbeing. You are here to celebrate your wonderful good fortune and the inevitability of it all, how wonderful it is that you two found each other and how delightful it feels to love one another as much as you do.

Love really is something over which we have no control. We can need it, wish for it, long for it, but all on our own, we cannot insist it into being. Therefore, when love finds us, when the person we simply cannot live without crosses our path, it is truly a gift, and the wedding that celebrates this star fated match is indeed the happiest of occasions.

Love is a miraculous gift and a wedding a celebration of that magic and that is what we are here to do today. We are gathered together, family and friends, to be overjoyed for and with Paul and Katherine, who are so wonderfully suited to one another, that it is a pure delight for the rest of us to see just how happy two people can be.

A good marriage is dependent upon many factors, but the first prerequisite is a strong bond of love, friendship, and respect for one another. Your love will grow deeper with the passing of each day, but the genuine liking for each other, the willingness to accept each others strong and weak points with understanding and respect will be a very important part of this union.

And so it is, the two of you, Paul and Katherine, have come here today, with your family and friends, the people you most cherish, to signify your desire to be united in marriage.

I ask that you face each other and join hands:

Paul, please repeat after me:

From this day on, I Paul, choose you Katherine, to be my wife. To live with you and laugh with you, to stand by your side and sleep in your arms. To always listen to you, to labour with you, and encourage you. To bring out the best in you always. And, for you, to be the most that I can.

I would like to say at this point that Paul did get his vows wrong. He is going to 'level with me.' That did make me laugh!

Do you Paul, promise always to love, hold, and adore Katherine, in good times and in bad. To enjoy her, console her, delight her, and astound her. To work together to build your love, to speak openly and honestly, and maintain the respect and trust that has grown between you. To give thanks to her always and to die with the love that you have for her?

I do.

Katherine, please repeat after me:

From this day on, I Katherine, choose you Paul, to be my husband. To live with you and laugh with you'

At this point I got choked up and practically whispered 'to stand by your side and sleep in your arms.'

Luckily Rev Jack made me laugh with the way he said To always listen to you,

Then I was back to normal to labour with you, and encourage you. To bring out the best in you always. And, for you, to be the most that I can.

Do you Katherine, promise always to love, hold, and adore Paul, in good times and in bad. To enjoy him, console him, delight him, and astound him. To work together to build your love, to speak openly and honestly, and maintain the respect and trust that has grown between you. To give thanks to him always and to die with the love that you have for him?

I do.

May I have the Brides ring please?

The wedding ring is an unbroken circle which symbolizes unending and everlasting love and is a visible symbol which represents your inner commitment to one another. May your life together be blessed with everlasting happiness.

With this ring, I thee wed, and offer a symbol of our everlasting love.

May I have the Grooms ring please?

With this ring, I thee wed, and offer a symbol of our everlasting love.

By the virtue of the authority vested in me, and in conformity with the laws of the State of Florida, I pronounce you husband and wife.
Go into the world and fulfil your lives. Hold fast your ideals. Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow.
May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature, that your life together may be a source of strength and inspiration to your family and friends.

Paul, you may kiss your beautiful wife.

Ladies and Gentleman, with the greatest of pleasure I present to you for the first time as husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs Greenaway.

The ceremony flew by...it was short and sweet and covered everything we wanted.

And the BM didnt lose the rings, well done him! :woohoo:

Going back to the beginning again, DH and his BM had a little 'routine' for when they walked down the aisle to 'I just cant wait to be king.' Here's some pics...

GandKatWeddingC370.jpg

GandKatWeddingC371.jpg

GandKatWeddingC372.jpg

GandKatWeddingC374.jpg

GandKatWeddingC381.jpg

GandKatWeddingC388.jpg

GandKatWeddingC391.jpg

GandKatWeddingC399.jpg

GandKatWeddingC404.jpg

GandKatWeddingC415.jpg

GandKatWeddingC437.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter