** Kat & Pauls Wishes Wedding 3.8.11 WG/AG/DP @ UK Lochside **

:scared1: OH MY GOSH. :scared1:

You poor dear, that is a horrible loss.
Sounds like you are blessed with some sweet parents. :hug:

Just keep looking towards the positive side, things will get better! ;)

That's terrible! :hug: I always worry about this sort of thing. You hear so many stories of companies going bust and brides losing out!

I'm glad your parents are helping you out.

That's terrible! :hug: I always worry about this sort of thing. You hear so many stories of companies going bust and brides losing out!

I'm glad your parents are helping you out.

The first time we got our dollars from them I was worried but we've never had problems, well until now...needless to say I wont be getting my money from anyone other than a travel agents from now on!!

:scared1: OH MY GOSH. :scared1:

You poor dear, that is a horrible loss.
Sounds like you are blessed with some sweet parents. :hug:

Just keep looking towards the positive side, things will get better! ;)

You're very right! We're still getting married in 5 months so that's something to be VERY happy about! :goodvibes

Wow I'm very sorry to hear that you had to go through this. However your parent's sound like such wonderful people and it shows how much the love you. Hopefully something can be worked out and everyone who lost their money will be able to get it back. :goodvibes

Yeah my parents are great! :) I think not only does this show how lucky I am to have parents that want to help but I'm really lucky to have parents that can afford to help!

I'm a lot calmer about the whole thing now! I've realised there's no point worrying about it as there's nothing I can do. At least I know that after the wedding I can start to pay them back! Not that Im thinking about after the wedding!! I don't want to wish the time away! I want to enjoy every minute of it! :goodvibes

oh no :( i just got that punched in the stomach feeling for you! that's a lot of money to lose!! best wishes on getting it back... but at least you have an amazing family to help :) everything always works out :wizard:

No sense stressing about things you can't change! Hang in there, it's going to be over faster than you know it!! Thats what I keep telling myself, I'm never going to be a bride again. Take it in! :woohoo:

Well I'm still off work sick so thought I'd post some of the pictures Warren sent me to help decide what we actually want!

He sent me a few pictures of bouquets but this was the one that really hit the nail on the head! It's the wrong colours (my bouquet will be blue, green and white) but I just love this! :lovestruc

bouquet_with_texture.jpg

I think I mentioned this before but the flowers that I'm actually having in my bouquet are white asian lilies, green mini cala lilies, green roses, white roses, dark blue delphinium, blue hydrangea and some greenery. I actually had to google some of the flowers at first as I didn't know what they all looked like!! :rotfl:

For our ceremony decor we are having a floral garland around the entrance to the WG in mixed floral of blue and green with sheer white curtain panels hanging inside the WG. We also have the white folding chairs with a floral cluster tied to the end of each row of chairs that is tied with a cornflower blue ribbon. It will be similar to this but in the right colours!

aisledecor3.jpg

I think I mentioned this before too but our theme is 'under the sea' so we decided to carry on that theme with the reception flowers. (sorry this pic is a bit small but you get the general idea!!)

tableflowers.jpg

The vase is filled with water and sand and has a star fish at the bottom. This time the colours are right but the flowers are wrong! :) They'll be smiliar to whats in my bouquet and more rounded than in this picture. We are going to have 3 of these on the roman table and in between those we'll have a mixture of low, fuller centrepieces and we are also going to include some of these vases...

tableflowers2.jpg

We saw these vases filled with sand and shells when we went to Francks and DF really loved them which is why we are going to include some of them on the table.

Well that's it for now! Still waiting for the floral BEO but I'm sure it'll be here soon! :)

I'm home sick as well :sick: I love that bouquet! It's going to look great in your colors. And those vases are so cute. I hope you feel better.

I'm home sick as well :sick: I love that bouquet! It's going to look great in your colors. And those vases are so cute. I hope you feel better.

Aww thank you! :) I HATE being sick (mind you, I guess no one actually likes it do they?!) Back at work tomorrow I think...I can't take any more time off so I'll just have to suck it up and get on with it! I hope you feel better soon too! :hug:

I cannot wait to see all the flowers!! :goodvibes This time in 5 months we'll be back in Florida and will only have 3 days until the wedding and until I can see everything together! yay! :woohoo:

I don't mind being sick at home, it's sick at work that I can't stand :lmao:

Still waiting! All this waiting is giving me a headache :headache: or maybe that's just the cold?! :confused3 Am I the most impatient person ever?! Warren did say last Wednesday that he'd get the BEO to me in the next few days. The next few days to me isn't a week! But then I guess a week isn't really that long?! Fingers crossed for tomorrow eh?! :)

So while I'm still waiting for the floral budget I thought I'd show you all a picture of my shoes (seeing as DF said I couldn't post my dress - spoilsport - I thought the shoes would be the next best thing, and he's already seen them so it's ok!! :thumbsup2) They aren't as fabulous as some of the shoes other brides have posted on here but I love them! :goodvibes I originally wanted something fabulous with a killer heel, but, I have a bad back for a start and being on my feet all day in killer heels isn't going to help that situation at all! Secondly, when I had my fitting my feet were killing me at the end of it (I was only standing for an 1 hour or so!! :rotfl:) and I've got a bit of a walk from the BCV to the WG so I thought I'd go for something pretty but comfy! So without further ado, here are my shoes!!

Photo034.jpg

They do say fabulous inside so I guess I did get my 'fabulous shoes' in one way!! haha! :)

It's not a great pic, but you get the idea!! They are a dusky pink colour in like, a crushed velvet. They really reminded me of a princess shoe so I think they fit a Disney wedding very well!! :)

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have good news and another budget to post!!

:rotfl: Go ahead be excited! It's your day! I'll be excited with you. :cheer2:

haha :rotfl: Yeah lets all be excited!! :banana::banana::banana: I can't help but get very excited when I see someone else is on their way to have their DFTW! :woohoo:It's a very exciting thing! :goodvibes

Yay! Now you're less then 5 months! :laughing:

5 months out is a good place to be at IMO, it's close, but not sickeningly close like 4 months sounds! :lmao:

OK...so last night I had my first 'wedding nightmare!' :eek: I haven't had any bad thoughts or dreams about the actual wedding. I've always just thought it's going to all go smoothly and I'm going to be super happy and totally not stressed and just enjoy my day! :goodvibes

So let me tell you about my dream! (Hope this doesn't bore you too much!! :rotfl:)

So it started with me getting my hair and makeup done. And it was ALL WRONG! :scared1: It was horrible but there wasn't enough time to re do it so we just had to go with it. Then (bizzarely :confused:) we headed to the reception first. We were walking around the Boardwalk and there were so many other brides all heading to the same place! There were loads of tables set up outside and I walked to the top table, there wasn't a lot of room for all of us and my sisters MIL was sitting next to me which was weird as she's not actually going to be at the wedding?! Also, my 4 year old neice was in a highchair and my 1 year old nephew wasn't there at all! Also very weird. So when I sat down I realised the colours of the centrepieces were wrong. Everything was red and orange, small and very tacky. Our colours are blue and green so I proper freaked out :scared1: and my mum just kept telling me to calm down. I can remember saying I have to go and find Warren. This isn't right! All of my guests were really far away and sitting with another wedding too so we couldn't really talk or anything :( . When it was time for food they bought out cake :cake:and nothing else. Now I like cake as much as the next person but I am having proper food at the wedding too! All of a sudden Carol turned up and ushered us all over to a boat which my mum said was taking us to the ceremony location. :boat:Carol kept trying to drive the boat away without me on it and wouldn't help me on board! :sad1: When I finally got on the boat she said we couldn't have the wedding at the WG as it might rain so we had to go somewhere else and have the ceremony indoors (it was beautiful blue skies...didn't look like a chance of rain to me!) She also said there would be no DP because of the rain. And then I cried! :sad1:

After the ceremony people did their own thing for a while and then we all met up later for the tea party. There were way more people there than I had told Carol about, I didn't know any of them and they were all old! From there it went back to the outdoor reception and just kept replaying over and over.

A very bizzare dream! :confused: It didn't upset me so to speak, just worried me a bit. Why am I having bad dreams about the wedding!? :confused3 I honestly believe that Disney will make our day amazing so I don't know where this dream came from! Hopefully it wont happen again!

It's been over 2 weeks now and I'm still waiting for my floral budget :mad: He said he'd send it in a few days but that was over 2 weeks ago...should I chase him up or am I just the most impatient person ever!? :confused3 I don't want him to think I'm pestering him but a few days to me isn't 2 weeks! I guess maybe I could wait till the end of the week (after all he's not in tomorrow anyway) and if I dont get anything Friday I could send him an email?! :headache:

Don't worry about the wedding dream, we all get them and generally there's always something that goes wrong in them.

My last one, everything went well until the reception, we've got the Whitehall Room booked, but in my dream it was under renovation so we couldn't use it, instead we were in a long boring room with one long table and everyone (50-60 people) all sitting at it. I was at the head of the table and DF must have been at the other end, but from where I sat I could see the whitehall room and it was clearly under renovation, but it still disapointed me as it was a much nicer space. Then the meals came out and they were terrible, all dry and gross. :laughing:

It's natural to have dreams about something that's on your mind a lot, and considering you're waiting for your floral BEO and still haven't received it, it makes sense that in your dream your centrepieces are all wrong, because you haven't had the chance to confirm that you'll be happy with them yet.

Enjoy your wedding dreams, they're funny and help tell you what you're most concerned with at the time.

I'd email Warren, just a quick email to let him know that you haven't received an email back yet and were just wondering if there was a delay. It wont hurt. Having said that though, Elizabeth is my floral planner and she said it takes usually 2-3 weeks to get the BEO done up, she got it to me in 2 weeks. Warren probably shouldn't have said a couple of days :confused3

Wow, that was a long post for someone else's PJ... :laughing:

Don't worry about the wedding dream, we all get them and generally there's always something that goes wrong in them.

My last one, everything went well until the reception, we've got the Whitehall Room booked, but in my dream it was under renovation so we couldn't use it, instead we were in a long boring room with one long table and everyone (50-60 people) all sitting at it. I was at the head of the table and DF must have been at the other end, but from where I sat I could see the whitehall room and it was clearly under renovation, but it still disapointed me as it was a much nicer space. Then the meals came out and they were terrible, all dry and gross. :laughing:

It's natural to have dreams about something that's on your mind a lot, and considering you're waiting for your floral BEO and still haven't received it, it makes sense that in your dream your centrepieces are all wrong, because you haven't had the chance to confirm that you'll be happy with them yet.

Enjoy your wedding dreams, they're funny and help tell you what you're most concerned with at the time.

I'd email Warren, just a quick email to let him know that you haven't received an email back yet and were just wondering if there was a delay. It wont hurt. Having said that though, Elizabeth is my floral planner and she said it takes usually 2-3 weeks to get the BEO done up, she got it to me in 2 weeks. Warren probably shouldn't have said a couple of days :confused3

Wow, that was a long post for someone else's PJ... :laughing:

Thanks Bec I've taken your advice and emailed Warren so I'll just wait and hope that I hear something soon!! You'll all be the first to know! :laughing:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has crazy wedding dreams! That makes perfect sense about the centrepieces being wrong and me probably dreaming it I'm desperate for my floral budget! haha! Maybe if I chill out I'll stop having crazy dreams! Here's hoping anyway!

We decided on our menu quite a while ago but I realised I hadn't posted it! We decided to just go with one of the pre selected buffet menus rather than a personalised menu because we actually loved the Down by the Sea with Ariel dinner buffet. We only made one small change and that was to add the salad station from another menu as it was much nicer!! :)

So here goes...

New England style clam chowder - DF tried chowder for the first time during our trip to Florida this April and he loved it so much we had to have it!

Medley of greens with toppings: cucumbers, tomatos, red onion, broccoli, carrots, marinated mushrooms, olive, cheddar cheese, bacon and crutons Dressings: balsamic, low fat zinfandel & blue cheese

Tomato & cucumber salad with bermuda onions and dill

Jumbo shrimp and P.E.I mussels with cocktail sauce and lemons

Grilled New York strip steak with merlot and black pepper reduction, balsamic crimini mushrooms and roatsed shallots

Roasted chicken with applewood bacon, caramalised shallots with an apple and cabernet reduction

Baked potatoes with toppings to inlcude green onions, cheddar cheese, bacon and sour cream

Baby vegetable medley

Cornbread, rolls and butter

We did have desserts but decided to get rid of those and have a wedding cake :thumbsup2 (yum!)

hmmm...writing all that has made me very hungry! :rotfl:

And for the Dessert Party we have gone with the Classic menu which includes...

Tiramisu
Cheesecake
Chocolate Éclairs
Pistachio Cannoli
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Linzer Diamonds
Cream Horns
Fruit Tarts
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fruit Punch
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and Selection of Teas
Flavored Syrups and Sticks, Sugars, Cream, and Honey

I feel even more hungry now!! I can't wait to try everything :goodvibes

We aren't supplying any alcohol at the DP simply to save us some money!:rotfl: My fabulous Dad is paying for the bar at the reception so we figured that by the time we get to Epcot people would of had enough to drink so won't really need anymore. We don't want people falling all over the place drunk!! If they do really want a drink they can go to the Rose & Crown and buy one!

mmmm yummy. I just read your menu and became really hungry. Which is why it's the first thing I commented on. :lmao: As far as the nightmares I've been having them to. I've been in my wedding dress and like trapped at work. Weird stuff. I hope you hear back from Warren soon. I can imagine how your feeling. Patience is a virtue I certainly don't posses. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter