Kayaking excursion during our Western Caribbean cruise (Aug 2020) ?

isabellea

Combining beach and Disney!
I'm wondering if anyone ever did a kayaking excursion on the Western itinerary? We will be on the Fantasy Aug 15-22 2020 and my oldest loves kayaking so I thought it would be fun to do as an excursion if such thing exists. Our ports will be Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Castaway Cay. Thanks for your help with planning our next cruise!

We have done the "Walking and Kayak Adventure" at Castaway, and the "Clear Kayaking and Snorkeling" in Cozumel. Both were fun, but the Clear Kayak experience was far superior.

Walking and Kayak Adventure at Castaway - The walk was fun and informative; short hike that was lead by the tour guide. What threw me about the kayak portion of the excursion was the place we put in....as the water was never really more than waist deep. So you move down the river a bit, which is really more of a canal, and then stop at a little lagoon where you get out and look for conchs, crabs, etc. You wrap up fairly quickly, and have plenty of time to enjoy Castaway

Clear Kayaking and Snorkeling in Cozumel - the Kayak experience here was much more open and immersive...and the water was deep enough to see a good amount of wildlife. Afterwards, you snorkel as a group (which was also fun) and then partake in a buffet before heading back early enough to get some time back in port to shop...of just enjoy the ship when its empty (since everyone leaves for Cozumel)

If you are at all experienced, then go for the Clear Kayak experience. If though you are with young children, or perhaps fearful of the water being a bit deeper, then the Walking & Kayak adventure should be a fun start for the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter