Keenz strollers in the parks?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Hasa anyone used a Keenz stroller inj the parks? Are they easy to Steer? Do they fold quick? Do the roll easily when folded? How easy on/off bus? How hard to set up?

Thanks Tiffer

This past trip we saw more Keenz strollers that ever before, I figured they were a new thing, so I searched the boards for them just out of curiosity (having only 1 little one we don't have a need.) All I can say is be cautious as they do not appear to be allowed in the parks (our recent experience shows enforcement is another matter entirely). The Families subforum seems to have some good info as well as lots of posts about strollers in general.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/need-advice-regarding-a-keenz-stroller-wagon.3620563/
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...s-buy-new-stroller-found-new-stroller-341362/

Official parks policy says no wagons or items you pull behind you. You'll find the link in one of the threads linked by mikebb.

The Keenz is pushed like a stroller, though it looks like a wagon. There have definitely been reports of them in the WDW parks. Here's a current thread with comments from a couple of people who use one: https://www.disboards.com/threads/double-special-needs-stroller-keenz-7.3591922/

It doesn't look like it folds particularly well for WDW buses -- looks to be the front folds up accordion like towards the back, to about 12" but it is still the full width of almost 20" plus the height of about 36". Specs list it as 32 lbs. We have what appears to be a similar folding wagon that we use for camping, and it isn't light, but maybe mine has a heavier-duty frame and wheels. The Keenz wheels look relatively light in comparison.

I'd be concerned with comfort, since there doesn't appear to be much padding or body support.

Enjoy your vacation!

ETA: oops, I think you've already posted on the thread I linked.

Keenz are allowed and you can even rent them now from stroller companies out there.

I am currently at WDW and have seen Keenz wagon/straight lovers in the parks every day. We saw them on the buses too. I never heard of them before, but googled them after som one brought theirs on the bus we were on.

My guess is that they will be banned at some point because people will insist on pulling them at some point, etc. Disney tends to adapt to new products after they prove bothersome (banning segways, trailers for scooters, etc) How well do they fit in the queues? (Thinking of the stroller as wheelchair accommodation) Maybe they will just ban them from buses to start.

I haven't used one, but it has peaked my interested and I've done a lot of looking into the Keenz 7s.
  • It is not designed to be pulled; one would either have to awkwardly place their hands be the back to walk forward pulling, or rig something up to pull it as it doesn't have a standard wagon-type handle to pull. It has stroller-style handles and can be pushed from either end.
  • It has front swivel wheels, which presumably should make it navigate tight queues as easily as a stroller.
  • The overall dimensions when open might actually be smaller than a CityMiniGT, which is a very popular double stroller. Definitely not larger than allowed (which is 36" x 52" for a stroller) Size shouldn't be a concern.
  • It folds to a similar size and weight as the CityMiniGT.

I always preferred a stroller to a wagon for my daughter. But I personally have never had need for a double stroller other than on occasion with my nephews when they were young, so I never really looked into other options. Some families prefer the wagon over a side-by-side stroller. In my opinion, a wagon is short with very limited leg room which I could see as problematic if the kids start getting in each other's way. The seating doesn't seem all that comfortable for an all-day outing, though it does have 5-point harnesses which would help hold a child in position. Other than looking like a wagon, I don't see anything about the Keenz that makes me think it should be banned. It just wouldn't be my first choice.

Enjoy your vacation!

Len Testa reporting sizes will be strictly enforced eliminating many of these keenz type stroller wagons

Len Testa reporting sizes will be strictly enforced eliminating many of these keenz type stroller wagons

I saw that post and I trust Len has good information -- however, it won't be "size" that makes the Keenz 7 prohibited because it is well within the allowable size and smaller than many double-strollers. It looks big, but based on specs from the website is approx. 20" W x 26" L, excluding the add-on storage basket which adds 9" and still is within stated allowable size. According to WDW's website, strollers up to 36" x 52" are allowed.

It's not a "stroller" that I would use. We have a similar wagon we use for camping and I can't imagine it being comfortable for kids to ride in all day. But I plan to keep an eye on this topic because I know it has become quite popular.

They were everywhere last week. I was talking to one lady that was pushing one and she said the biggest advantage is she has two little ones in diapers and she can just change their diapers right in the stroller.

Wow, these look fantastic! I've never seen them before.
I would 100% use one of these in the parks for my two kids.
I don't see how you could "pull" it like a wagon the handles are way too short for that.
Doesn't seem any different to normal strollers to me.

I'm pretty sure they are no longer allowed as of may 1. not looking for an argument.. just want to make sure if anyone is reading this thread they double check before buying one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter