keeping kids & KTTW cards together

shiraz

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone---we're going on our 1st ever cruise (YEA!) and I have a question....

How would you recommend a child (9 yr old) keep up with their KTTW card? Do the cards have any holes that you can loop a cord through then clip to a pocket or belt loop?

Thanks! These boards are great!

The first time we took some old "pit pass holders" that hang around their neck. The second time we took a hole punch (punched a hole thru the card) and key chain with a clip on it.

You can also purchase a lanyard on board that the card fits into nicely and they can wear it around their neck.

I read on another thread that the hole punched in the card is a sign of no charging allowed on that card. I donn't have any first hand knowledge of that but it may be something to look into before you start punching holes in the card.

Happy cruising

We did the same thing for our two ten year olds BUT, next time I will get them one of the holders & lanyards from the DCL shop (I bought one for myself $6). Reason? If they have sign in/out priviledges they have to give them their KTTW card OFF of the lanyard. Clipping it each time was kinda hard for them (but they did it). If they don't sign themselves in/out then it's no problem. My boys wore their lanyards all the time (as did I).

p.s. be careful NOT to punch through the magnetic strip on the back of the card or they can't get in the cabin!

Hi, my ds-12 used both the clip and the lanyard. Last year, June 2002) we removed his charging, they did not clip. We asked at the lab registration and they clipped it for us. This year, (june 2003) when we removed the charging they did it automatically. We purchased the nice lanyard/card holder for him and it was promptly lost at the lab. Disney6 just answered how, they have to give them the cards in the lab without the holder.

He never lost his card. He said that he didn't want to wear it without the card in it. So he took it off and set it next to the computer he was using. They went to do an activity and when he returned it was gone. Maybe it should be suggested that they be allowed to turn it in with the lanyard.

Personally, the possibility of losing the card is why we have the charging taken off. It's not too big of a deal to replace it. Even with the charging on it, not too much can happen because you need to know what room to charge to. However, as someone posted earlier, their ds lost his and when they went to guest services they found out that someone charged $100 at the arcade. You don't need a room number to do this because its automated.

My vote is also for the lanyard with the plastic sleeve. I use one for work and I always know where my id is and I don't have to go digging for it. I've seen many people on the cruise with them. For kids, if you do get a lanyard, make sure it is the kind that unclips easily if too much pulling is applied. DCL's are this way.

I'm getting ready for our cruise Aug. 9 and purchased two small wallet/coin purses on lanyards with zippers from Limited Too for my DD's ages 8 and 9. They are really cute - one has soccer stuff on it and the other says gymnast. My oldest just used hers while she was at camp and loved it. It is the perfect size for the KTTW card as well as an arcade card (I think you buy those separately?).:)

Thanks everyone...you're the greatest!

I wasn't sure what size the cards were so I didn't know what to look for in terms of holders. It sounds like they are credit card size so I can keep an eye out for something that is easy to clip/unclip easily.

I am soooo excieted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter