Keeping my butt in check

Ok so today has not went as I had planned so I'll go ahead and update...

Movement:
Not really tracked because busy with housework, sewing and cooking.

Food:
Officially calling this a cheat day

My wonderful hubby went to the market and bought cremini mushrooms, and vegan ice cream. So for supper we just demolished tacos with the mushrooms and black beans as a filling, homemade chimichurri sauce, and homemade Spanish rice. Let me tell you, it was YUMMY! We then had vegan ice cream for dessert and it was divine! I do not feel guilty in the least bit because we enjoyed our time around the dinner table as a family.

And as I type this, I'm sipping on a small glass of Merlot.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I had two of these babies, and wish I had more room in my stomach for more!

Back at it tomorrow :)

Movement:
No clue, but did do full 14 minutes on devil's machine,
walked some downtown, and danced a little at concert

Food:
vegan brownie, pb & jelly on top for breakfast
vegan ice cream for snack
tortilla chips, wine, vegan fondue and the fixings for dinner
wine at the concert
IMG_9944.JPG
This was good, and low calories, but just not cheese. This time I really did miss all the gooey of the cheese, however, this was a decent base recipe and maybe can add more umph to it if I try it again.

So I didn't wear my fitbit yesterday as it was charging, but did finish up housework, and got on the devil's machine before I started supper. I'm on the fence about getting on it tonight as I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

We went to The Chris Robinson Brotherhood concert last night @ the Bijou. It was fun, but long, and I was wearing out by 2nd set. That's not a knock on the band, just a knock on my old age. Thank God it was local. We have 2 more concerts this month--both we have to travel for. Peter Gabriel/Sting on the 21st, and The Cure on the 24th. That week will be fun, but a nightmare. I may have to drink caffeine that week. Here's a few pics....
IMG_9958.JPG IMG_9963.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_9997.JPG IMG_9985.JPG

Once I found out they were playing a few old Black Crowe songs in their set, I was thinking they'd play Train Makes a Lonely Sound since it references Knoxville---but no. Still good though.

Today, I plan to get some steps in. I think the next couple of days here at work will be the calm before the storm. I don't have a huge amount of computer work to tie me to my desk in those days so I can get up and move. Come Wednesday/Thursday though, that'll probably change. If I'm still upright, I will try to get on devil's machine tonight when I get home. If not, I'll probably just sleep. Lord knows I need it.

Movement:
100 crunches
3 sets 10 reps each of kettlebell
20,216 steps

Food:
banana and apple, low calorie vegan fondue, and one slice of french bread while at work 423 calories
chips, and vegan ice cream as a snack when I got home 324 calories
tofu stir fry with quinoa & asparagus, and glass of red wine for supper 623 calories (I guessed the tofu stir fry & asparagus to be around 450 calories)
IMG_0018.JPG
(I had already dug into the asparagus in my plate before I took the pic)

102 oz of water
So I got on the scales this morning and I was 153.0 which is a slow loss, but still a loss, but with my snacking, I should be grateful. Plus, when I logged it into the other thing, it told me I had lost 5 pounds since January. Which 5 sounds better than 2 so I'll take it.IMG_0019.PNG

I initially wanted to be at least 149.9 by next Friday when I go in for the coolsculpting, but I don't see that happening. I'll really be a happy chick when I get under the 150 mark though!

I also think I should change my goal weight. 138-140 seems more like a realistic goal with my slow pace. I have a sinking feeling I may be going thru menopause so maybe that's the reason for the slowness? I had a hysterectomy back in 2011, but kept my ovaries so I really dunno. I'm gonna give it until the end of June to see what progress I've made before I start to panic though.

Yesterday didn't go as planned when I got home (the story of my life), because I desperately wanted/needed a nap. Nope. I got home a little before 3 and fought the stupid ants in my bathroom until it was time to fix supper. Ugh. Like I had to disinfect EVERYTHING, clean up Annie Bean's food area--thank God those little boogers didn't get in her food bag! I hate ants!

So today when I get home, even though my fitbit says I only got one extra hour sleep from yesterday, I hope to get on the devil's machine. I'm making vegan skyline chili and it has to cook for 3 hours....well, that'll give me plenty of time to get on bowflex, shower, and whatever else I need to do---dare I say nap?

I brought a small bowl of quinoa to eat for lunch at work today, and a little bit of the stir fry sauce to go on top--I'm estimating it to be around 300 calories. Hopefully, that'll keep me full and I won't have the urge to snack when I get home.

Hubby and I have started the actual planning of the Hawaii trip. We've had the hotel rooms and flights booked for a while now, but we haven't really went over what we're gonna do each day. We know we want to do some hiking, tubing & ziplining in Kauai, and I've requested to have a spa day with a luau that night on the day of my actual birthday.

I'm getting excited :)

122 more days :)

Last edited:
....forgot to mention....I have goal jeans that I plan to try on tonight. I'd love to be able to wear them at Disney in November (if cold enough)

Movement:
100 crunches**I'm doing these differently now. I'm raising my hips off the floor on my toes and doing it that way. I had read it worked more parts that way
21,548 steps

Food:
banana, small serving of quinoa and sauce here at work
tortilla chips for snack
vegan skyline chili and red wine for dinner
IMG_0020.JPG

I totally guessed at the calories, but it really can't be much. I used vegan meat crumbles which are low calorie, then the rest is some tomatoes, onions and spices. The noodles are whole wheat, but I had way more sauce than noodles.

80 oz of water approx.

Yesterday, the lack of sleep hit me. I wanted to get on devil's machine, and even put on my workout clothes before I started supper, but that didn't happen. The chili has to simmer for 3 hours so I had a perfect time to get on there....however, the napping on the couch with my dog won out.
IMG_0022.PNG

See those last 3 hours with less than 250 steps? That's because my butt was on the couch snoozing. It was awesome.

I tried on the goal jeans, and they actually fit, but not great. If I drop around 10 pounds, they should fit perfectly, but I'd prefer them to be loose.

I am noticing that things are fitting better so I know I'm losing inches, just not pounds...which is frustrating.

I'm hoping to get my steps in at work today since I don't think the big procedures are hitting until tomorrow, or Friday. I won't be able to get on the devil's machine because after I run my daughter to some places, hubby and I are having an abbreviated date night. We decided to go to eat tonight, and then go a watch the movie on Friday.

Last edited:
Movement:
100 crunches
20,152 steps

Food:
apple, very small serving of chili here at work
chips while waiting for date night
chips, salsa, spinach and mushroom quesadilla and 2(!!!!) sangrias

102 oz of water
So date night went a little off track, but really, not too bad. My quesadilla, of course, was without cheese and sour cream, and I usually love it....however, they fixed it differently this time and it really wasn't good. I picked at it, but didn't finish. The two sangrias were small, but still, I shoulda stuck to one.

And now the good news....
My jeans I have on today are kinda loose. I was getting some steps in after getting to work, and every other step, I had to pull them up. These are my absolute favorite pair and I wear them a lot, even in summer. I got them at Target years ago so I may stop by there today after taking Winnie to work. I'm hoping they still make them, and I'm gonna try on a size smaller.

Another thing I was excited about. My swelling was not bad at all this morning (although I can feel it now). As I was getting ready, I looked in the mirror, and I think I have the beginnings of a two pack? Is that even a thing? Or, it coulda been the shadow casting down from my bra, I dunno. More than likely it was a shadow from bra, cause I've never had any kind of pack except a backpack.

Anyways, today makes 1 full year since my tummy tuck/muscle repair, and I'm FINALLY seeing some results. Even swollen, my tummy looks way better after, I know this, but with all the fullness and swelling, long scar, and just overall yuck feeling, I've been getting very frustrated. And, after 20 years of not seeing a belly button unless I lifted up the top part of my belly, it's nice to finally see a cute belly button. My old one was like a black hole. Jimmy Hoffa coulda been in there and no one would've known.

Feeling very grateful today :)

Oh, and 120 days left until Hawaii :)

****forgot to mention that I've also started to hold a plank pose after my crunches for 30 seconds this week. Hoping I can build up to longer.

Movement:
100 crunches
Plank for 30 seconds
23,599 steps

Food:
1/2 pb sandwich for breakfast, and the other 1/2 for lunch
4 double stuffed oreos and a tea from starbucks for snack waiting on my daughter to get off work
Veggie hot dog, chips and wine for supper
Caloric intake was a little below 1350

102 oz of water
So yesterday went to try on smaller size jeans--good news is they fit, bad news is they make them different now and I don't like them....so I didn't get them.

I also killed time in Ross' trying on cheap dresses since it's next door to Target. Nothing more humbling than bad lighting in a dressing room and being surrounded by skinny teenagers. So what do I do? Say screw it and bought some oreos.

Today has been hectic at work so I won't have nearly as many steps, however, during lunch, I do plan to do the kettleball, crunches and plank. I think I have all I can get done right now at this point, work wise, and just waiting to hear that DOE has signed off on approval for some things then I can finish my procedures for the day and get them over to the reactor building. So basically I'm in a hurry up and wait situation. Story of my work life.

Oh, and I looked at my stomach this morning, and it seems like it is the beginning of a two pack. I even made my husband look at the ungodly hour I wake up, and he agreed something was there and on both sides, so yay!

Movement:
100 crunches
30 second plank
3 X 10 kettleball
image.png

Food:
image.png
Way over but under 1500. The homemade vegan quesadilla was amazing!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

102 oz of water

So you can see I ate too much yesterday and work was a bear so that didn't help. I stress eat.

Today is/will be running around getting errands done and housework. May try to get on bowflex later

Ok so this weekend was busy--like didn't have time to track anything. I did get on the devil's machine on Saturday. I didn't go too crazy, but I wasn't that great either. I'm guessing I averaged around 1500 calories both days.

Yesterday we went to my mom and dad's church where my dad was preaching. We gave him his Father's Day present early (Star Wars tie & tie clip), then we headed to my brother's house to give my niece Kinley her birthday present. She turned 3 Friday.
IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0034.JPG

I think I'm officially the favorite aunt since I got her the Anna dress and shoes. Plus, we got her a card that sings "Happy Birthday Princess." My brother text me last night and said the card was driving him nuts because she's constantly pressing the button to hear it sing to her :)
Mission accomplished!

So today I'm back at getting my steps in. Work should be more tolerable this week than late last week. I plan on doing the kettleball, and floor ab exercises today. Will not have time for devil's machine since I've gotta take Winnie straight to work when I get home, then start supper. I don't know that I'll actually have time for it until maybe Wednesday-Thursday, if then.

Movement:
100 crunches and 30 second plank
3x10 reps of kettleball
22,340 steps
IMG_0036.PNG

So yay!! I stayed busy moving most of the day....

Food:
A lot. I actually did ok until I got home and had to immediately leave, then came back and had to fight the stupid ants again. Lord I hate ants--so between the hours of 3:30-6, I ate not 1, not 2, but 6 double stuffed oreos!!! Seriously. I was over it with the stupid ant war. Then, once I won that battle, I fixed red wine ciabatta sandwiches...
IMG_9751.JPG IMG_9752.JPG
I only ate one...that pic is from a previous time I fixed them. I think I counted them to be 400 calories per sandwich? Which is an overestimate, but still. I also ate some asparagus with it. I'm getting addicted to asparagus lately. It's becoming my new broccoli.

So, still not too bad, but then my husband decided to use me as a guinea pig on a new drink he was mixing, and boy was it strong!! I'm surprised I don't have hair on my chest now! However, I'm very very very VERY grateful he made these because I ended up getting some not so great news later in the night--crying and everything, and the alcohol helped kinda keep me from totally losing it and it helped knock me out. If not, I'd been up all night with worry.

Today is looking to be about the same as yesterday, but hopefully without the ants and oreos. I plan to get as many steps as possible here at work, do my kettleball, and floor exercises, and then run my son to his Navy meeting today. It'll be late before I get home so my husband is picking up pizza (without cheese) so I won't have to worry about cooking.

Movement:
100 crunches and 30 sec plank
3x10 kettleball
y'all ain't gonna believe this....
28,474 steps, and I was even stuck in my car for about 3 hours yesterday!!!
IMG_0038.PNG

I was stuck in my car, and had to pee for a good 2 hours of that time!! Not a fun time.

Food:
leftover bbq sandwich for lunch
4 double stuffed oreos
2 slices of veggie pizza no cheese
1 glass of wine

80 oz of water

So yesterday was the last of my crazy days this week, I hope. Today should be nice and calm. And I won't get in near as many steps. I've gotta get groceries after work, but I've noticed my fitbit won't count those steps when I'm pushing a buggy.

Got on the scales this morning and I was 152.2!! So woohoo!! I've got 1/2 month to make it to my goal of 149 by July 1.

Movement:
100 crunches, 30 second plank
3x10 kettleball
22,015 steps

Food:
what was left over from bbq (not a lot), and a coconut bar at work
kale, peanut & tofu salad with baked potato, and a glass of wine for supper
IMG_0040.JPG
--I'm sure I had some snacks in there somewhere, but I really didn't have time yesterday evening to track--see below
Oh, and these somehow got in my buggy while getting groceries....
IMG_0039.JPG
102 oz of water
So, my string of bad days continued yesterday. I'll be glad to get this week over. While getting the kale ready for the salad, I stopped up the garbage disposal in a bad way. Like green juice flying around the kitchen every time I tried to turn it on. Hubby and I worked on it for about an hour, and it was 8pm before we were finishing up supper.

Like this whole week--starting Sunday--has just had stupid stuff happen. Did I mention I accidentally stabbed myself with a falling fork on Sunday afternoon? Yeah, that's when it all started. Here's the damage that is still left this morning...excuse my white legs, but you can tell where 3 of the 4 prongs stuck in my calf.
IMG_0041.JPG
You know Tuesday when I said I was stuck in a car for 3 hours? Well, it's because my son gave me bad directions for the Navy meeting and we ended up at the airport....which I started to almost have a panic attack because of my irrational fear of planes. I can fly on them as long as I have liquid courage in me, but to see them up close and personal, and flying overhead, NO. I was in tears. Then the other set of directions had us lost on UT campus, and at one point on a gravel road that I had to turn around in the grass. Oh, and this whole time I had to pee....and I was crying...and once we got to where we needed to go, I was stuck in my car until after the meeting because it was a badged gate and you had to have a Navy recruit with you to enter. If I left, I wouldn't have been able to get back in. Oh, and it was 95 degrees outside, and I was, at this point, almost out of gas!!!

Ok, enough complaining...just had to get it out. I'll just be glad to see June go.

Today I hope to get my steps in at work and do my normal routine. Tomorrow will be less because I have the coolsculpting appointment at noon and it last 2 hours. I've read that I'll be bruised and sore for a while so thankfully I'll have the weekend to recover before my huge week at work & with concerts next week.

Movement:
100 crunches and 30 second plank
3x10 kettleball
23,257 steps

Food:
3 oreos for breakfast, and a small bowl of the kale salad for lunch at work
cream soda, and some oreos for snack at home
cauliflower mac & cheese and asparagus for supper and a very strong rum drink :)
IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0044.JPG

So yesterday I ate way too many calories. I'm guessing it was probably 1600-1700 calorie range. I counted pretty much what I ate at 1440, even the alcohol, but forgot to add the extra oreos I had at home. But holy cow was that mac and cheese delicious! Like seriously. I had two helpings, and my husband had 3 huge plates of it. Really the only thing fattening in it is the noodles, and I get the whole wheat/high fiber ones. The cheese sauce is made from cauliflower, carrots, lemon juice, spices and nutritional yeast. I then add onions, jalapenos, and white wine in it before baking. That's roasted shiitakes on top. They mimic the taste of bacon when roasted in oven. Oh, and since it's not actual cheese, it reheats very well too!

Today I'm only working a little over 3 hours then I head to the coolsculpting appointment. I didn't even wear my fitbit today because I'll have a lot of downtime where I can't really move and will be hooked up to machines. I probably won't wear it the rest of the week because I've read that I'll be pretty sore so I'm not really going to bother. I'll wear it again on Monday where I should get tons of steps in working a 12 1/2 hour shift.

So I'm currently stuck to machines right now doing the coolsculpting. Anyways, they weighed me before I came in here...fully clothed and wearing jeans--and I was 151.6. I know my scales at home weigh heavy, but I didn't realize that bad. Guess it's time for new ones?

Well... Streak of bad luck continues. Had a friggin' snake in the house when we got back from dr office. WE LIVE IN A SUBDIVISION AND HAVE 3 INDOOR CATS....who apparently are too lazy to worry with a SNAKE

Ok so I didn't do a whole lot this weekend. I went without a bra all weekend as to not put pressure on my back after coolsculpting. I did cook..

As for the coolscupting, it wasn't as bad as what I had imagined it to be. Here's pic of me during the 2 hour treatment, and the next pic is of me Saturday morning with the massive bruises on my back....
FullSizeRender.jpg
back.jpg

Today is first day wearing a bra again. My back is both thanking me, and hating me at the same time. Floor exercises will be a bit rough today.

I didn't track food this weekend. I didn't eat a whole lot on Friday....I very seriously doubt I made it to 1000 calories. I just wasn't feeling the food after the coolsculpting, and then the stupid snake that was in my house.

Saturday and Sunday, I know I was way over, and can't recall everything I ate. Saturday I made "meat"balls (actually made from nuts), mashed potatoes, green beans, and a cake for my hubby for early Father's Day dinner.
IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0049.JPG
Sunday I ate leftovers because my hubby and kids went out to eat with his mom while I stayed home with Annie Bean. I also fixed some mixed greens which were yummy.
IMG_0053.JPG
I did drink all my 102oz of water each day so I wasn't a total failure.

Today I'm back at it. I plan to at least get 20K steps, do the kettleball, and hopefully the crunches...if my back will allow it. I probably won't weigh again until the end of next week. I'm hoping to be in the 140's by then.

Movement:
100 crunches and 30 second plank (barely--I was shaking!!)
3x10 kettleball
22,158 steps

Food:
too much
a little under 1500 calories, but as you can see below, a lot of junk....which I'm paying for today with swelling and bloat.
IMG_0057.PNG

Below is the picnic loaf I fixed yesterday and caloric content....I forgot to take a pic of actual sandwich. I did omit the olives in the recipe, because I hate them, but I didn't adjust the calories for it.

IMG_0056.PNG
IMG_0055.PNG

102 oz of water
So I'm at work super early again today. I'm only staying until 10:45, then we set off for a concert out of town. Tomorrow on way home, I think we are stopping by King's Island to ride coasters. I doubt I update again until Thursday morning, unless I update on way to park tomorrow. I'm going to try and get 20k steps today. I'm off to good start by already getting in 10k and it's not yet 6 am. After 11am, my steps will drop off a lot so I gotta try and do them here if I'm able.

I need to try and remind myself to make better choices. With cake and chips in the house, it's been difficult not to eat them.

Movement on 6/21:
3x10 kettleball
25,118 steps

Food:
1 hashbrown, and half cut tea for breakfast
2 slices of medium veggie pizza, no cheese for lunch
baked potato, and tortilla chips with wine for supper (I know, it's odd, but the hotel we were in had free apps and wine so we got some before heading to concert)

102 ounces of water

Movement on 6/22:
not a lot.....we had plans to go to Kings Island on way home from Columbus, but they were calling for severe weather and potential tornadoes for that area so we just headed home. We slept in, and then spent the majority of the day in the car. My back and stomach were so swollen that I had gained 4 pounds from the trip. My weight was back to normal this morning though--just still swollen

Food:
peanuts for breakfast--260 calorie pack
veggie wrap, no cheese, waffle fries, and medium half cut tea from Chick-fil-a for lunch
then nothing. That's all I ate yesterday because the swelling was making me very uncomfortable, and my back was cramping up big time.

102 ounces of water
So Tuesday's concert in Columbus was AMAZING!!! And totally worth all the swelling, back cramps, and everything! We saw the opening night of Peter Gabriel & Sting's Rock Paper Scissors tour. We were about 11 rows back on the floor. I took more video than pictures, but here's a few....
IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0067.JPG IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

The last two pics was right before their encore. It was one of the best concerts I've been to, honestly. They played each other's songs, and sang together a bunch, it was just awesome!

We have The Cure concert in Atlanta tomorrow, and I highly doubt it'll be as good--however, it's a whole lot closer to home!

Ok so I won't be able to do floor exercises today, however, I will do the kettleball, and get at least 20k steps in, if all goes well here at work. I got here really early, and already have over 7k so I'd like to get to 10k by 7 this morning. I'm working a 12.5 hour shift so I'll be too pooped when I get home to do anything other than cook supper.

Movement:
3x10 kettleball
31,372 steps (I'm not kidding...)
IMG_0111.PNG

All of this on 2.5 hours sleep, and a 12.5 hour shift at work.......It wore me out!

Food:
It was a smidgen over 1500 calories.
Had a pack of peanuts for breakfast, fries for lunch (was on the go running errands during break)
Vegan tex mex sloppy joes for supper, along with some chips
IMG_0109.JPG
These were ok. A little too sweet. It was the first time making this recipe. Very healthy though.

102 ounces of water
So today I won't get nearly that amount of steps in. I will be able to do weights and my floor exercises, though. I'm only at work until 1:30 and then we head down to Atlanta for The Cure concert. Not really looking forward to it at this point because I'm just pooped. I know I'll end up having fun, but I'd really enjoy sleep right now too. Plus, I'm not a fan of Atlanta. I've been lost down there several times, once without my car walking around trying to FIND my car at night.....that's never fun.

My stomach feels all yucky and bloated this morning, but I think the swelling in my back may be down a little bit. It's just really sore, and maybe slightly swollen. I could just be whiny from lack of sleep....I dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter