Keeping on Track - December W.I.S.H. Challenge

TOPIC TUESDAY: Satisfaction

I'm still thinking a lot about satisfaction. I talked about it with my doctor and her eyes lit up and she gave the example on how she goes to the gym to walk on the treadmill because she feels she has to, but a walk outside would be truly satisfying.

What are three things you've done or experienced lately that left you satisfied?

TOPIC TUESDAY: Satisfaction

View attachment 459136

I'm still thinking a lot about satisfaction. I talked about it with my doctor and her eyes lit up and she gave the example on how she goes to the gym to walk on the treadmill because she feels she has to, but a walk outside would be truly satisfying.

What are three things you've done or experienced lately that left you satisfied?
The treatment for my injured shoulder includes: electrical stimulation, ultrasound, acupuncture, ice, and massage. I had a very satisfying massage last night.

Today, we have a snow day which enabled me to sleep in after a difficult night of interrupted sleep and the extra time to have a second cup of coffee this morning.

Heading out to the store to do some
shopping-got another dusting of snow yesterday so my walking trail is a slushy mess. Will try to get out in the neighborhood today.

Does anyone else decorate their tree and then keep rearranging the ornaments???

Interestingly, when I was looking for an image to post about 'satisfaction' most of the quotes that came up where about never being satisfied, always striving for more... just another long held (rather American) belief that needs to be dusted off and re-examined.

Three satisfying things:
* The 'level seven' cleaning I gave the house before Thanksgiving, touching almost every surface. Now the daily light cleaning/organizing is such a pleasure.
* Being able to stand up and tell my story at my Brother's service, without crumbling in to a teary pile of mush.
* Sunday morning couch cuddles with my kitties.

I enjoy cooking, so making a meal that is tasty as well as healthy is satisfying.
Made a chicken casserole this weekend we really enjoyed this weekend.

Filling a bag or box for Goodwill is extremely satisfying-trying hard to rid the house of “stuff”.

And in line with that attitude, looking back to my last trip to the store, I put several things back I just didn’t need-l feel a great sense of satisfaction from that!

We quote Buddy (and Clark Grizzwald) all month! And I just wore my “Smiling’s my favorite” shirt to school yesterday😃

My woohoo is that I’m having a fun week and not stressing! Energy level is fairly high at school and sometimes I can get overwhelmed by it. But this year, I’m rolling with it really well!!! I’m my eating is a little off, but not terrible. And I’m still getting up and getting my workouts done before school. 💪 And if my “rings are closed” on my watch, then I’m rewarding myself with a hallmark Christmas movie at night. 🎄🥰

As for yesterday’s Topic Tuesday...I feel satisfied when I complete checklists it chores. So each I feel satisfied when I finish my food planning, shopping and prep. I feel satisfied when I finish my lesson plans & prep each week (I usually leave school Friday with everything ready for the following week). And I feel satisfied when I complete my workout each morning.

@Oneanne you have opened my eyes to this whole feeling of satisfaction. This is what keeps my going. When I am stressed, my husband wants me to just chill and relax. But I definitely get through it better if I accomplish a task. The feeling of being satisfied is what changes my mood then.

I really relate to the Tuesday Topic. A few years ago, I read a book called "The Paradox of Choice" about how being satisfied is far healthier than constantly looking for perfection. Keeping that in mind definitely lessens my stress!

🎄 Finishing my Christmas cards.

🎁 Getting my on-line orders done.

😴 Getting to bed on time yesterday!

Woohoo Wednesday:
- Can I count the Christmas cards twice?:rotfl:
- Playing tag with my niece and nephew.

My woohoo is that I have today and tomorrow of work and then I am off until January 6th. It will be a nice break. Plus kids are going to my inlaws for a long weekend after Christmas. Once I get through the next 5ish days I think my stress will lower too. My stress has been high and I have been having some really crazy dreams every night lately. They are kind of funny too but just weird. Like in one dream there was a tornado and I was hiding behind a desk and it was swirling around in the wind and then it went to a volcano and I was stacking a picnic table on top of another table by a sink so I stand on top of them and use the water to cool down the lava but it stopped right be for it got to me.

Woohoo!

I'm pleased with the way Christmas is panning out, even though it's going to be tough without my brother. Monday evening my Sister and I are going to this huge light display set up at the baseball stadium: Tuesday evening we go out to a fancy dinner and exchange gifts: Wednesday we'll go to a movie (Little Women which is getting rave reviews, and has holiday scenes in it) and get a nice lunch, then we'll stop by my SILs: Thursday we head over to Port Townsend and go to the local theater's holiday play. For many many years Christmas was just one "event" - getting together for dinner/gifts, so it makes me very happy to be celebrating for several days. And I'm so excited to have next week off!

Next Friday I'm planning on taking the route back home that goes thru Bainbridge and will stop in at the yarn store there. And then I think next Saturday I may drive out to my favorite yarn store in Carnation, which would be as close to the mountains/snow as I'm comfortable getting. Oh, I could also go to breakfast at Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls and then go squish some yarn. I don't need any yarn, but what the heck, it's the holidays!

Woohoo!

I'm pleased with the way Christmas is panning out, even though it's going to be tough without my brother. Monday evening my Sister and I are going to this huge light display set up at the baseball stadium: Tuesday evening we go out to a fancy dinner and exchange gifts: Wednesday we'll go to a movie (Little Women which is getting rave reviews, and has holiday scenes in it) and get a nice lunch, then we'll stop by my SILs: Thursday we head over to Port Townsend and go to the local theater's holiday play. For many many years Christmas was just one "event" - getting together for dinner/gifts, so it makes me very happy to be celebrating for several days. And I'm so excited to have next week off!

Next Friday I'm planning on taking the route back home that goes thru Bainbridge and will stop in at the yarn store there. And then I think next Saturday I may drive out to my favorite yarn store in Carnation, which would be as close to the mountains/snow as I'm comfortable getting. Oh, I could also go to breakfast at Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls and then go squish some yarn. I don't need any yarn, but what the heck, it's the holidays!

View attachment 459302

Sounds like a lovely week!

1D90500D-35DD-4753-B267-56B67F0DE3D5.jpeg

Getting my nails done today-then a quick trip to the grocery store. Going to make pea soup with a leftover ham bone.
Busy weekend-family coming over for football Saturday and staying overnight. We have reservations for dinner Sunday night at a historic mill inn and being serenaded by a group called the Glen Rock Carolers. This group has performed for 150 years on Christmas Eve playing and singing old, traditional English carols. They start at midnight and play throughout the town until dawn. I have never followed them on Christmas Eve, but when I heard a small group was performing Sunday I made reservations.

I actually have a few moments to stop in and say hello to everyone. Things are going great for me lately though I could use my family helping get the house clean because we are trying to see if we can refinance our house. Our loan is through rural development currently and because of how our income fell during the first few years we were in the house we had assistance with the amount of our payment going to interest on our loan. This is money that will have to be paid back when DH or I are no longer living in this house be for any reason so we could stay with paying our loan to rural development and we would not have to pay that amount that they call a recaputure until we either sold the house, went into a care home teif that was needed or both of us passed away (in which case our children would have to take out a loan if necessary and pay it). The amount paid is not directly the amount that was paid in assistance dollar for dollar but is based on the difference of the assesed value of our home at the time that we are no longer living in it or if we refinance the loan with another lender (it's considered a sale but we are both the buyer and the seller) and what it was when we moved into the house. The house is a mess and I am not getting much help for getting things done. With my chronic fatique and fibro I am putting myself in a situation where I am getting injured or am wearing myself out so I am only able to do a little bit and then am requiring a couple of days to recover. I also have to schedule the cleaning times so that I am not down when there are other things going on such as 4-H meetings, holiday get togethers including my father in laws 80th birthday this past Sunday (I had one taco, a piece of cake and one scoop of ice cream with a glass of water to drink), and still being able to semi function on my recovery days beyond barely being able to walk to the bathroom.
Christmas shopping is just about done. My oldest and I are planning to go out on Friday (when DH will not have to go to work later in the day so we are not rushed for time) so that we can finish up shopping for DH along with getting a few things for the cats. I am thinking they might get a new scratching post this year as their one with the sissle rope has been totally destoyred and their one that is rope and carpet is looking pathetic. DH will go out on Saturday to finish up shopping for me and he and I both will go out next Monday to finish up getting gifts for the girls (we are 1 gift short for our older DD and need some stocking stuffers for both girl). DH is on vacation once he gets off from his Thursday night shift early Friday morning until he has to go on shift the Sunday afternoon between Chrismas and New Years. While I am out shopping he can get some of the cleaning done and I have also said that I want some done on Saturday as well. I have absolutely no decorations up this year (again) and damn it I want to have some decorations even if I don't get my larger tree set up again this year. We inherited my parents old but still in good shape tree a few years ago after what I thought was going to be a single year of no tree due to the one we no longer staying up (it was the one that my parents got when I was either in middle or high school-can't remember when they went to artificial instead of a live tree and I graduated in the early 90s). I have yet to have that tree put up. The first year I was able to have all my non tree decorations put up the first year including my smaller table top tree that stays decorated year round (it just goes on a shelf in the basement store room when not out for a decoraton).
I got on the scale this morning and I am only .2 pounds away from so far loosing 10% of my top weight as of this morning. It is nice that I have found a natural product that works for my thryroid which I have gotten no help from the medical profession with because all they care about is that my lab numbers are normal irregardless that I have just about every symptom with the exception of those that only pertain to males. I am not following a specific diet plan other than watching the amount that I eat so if I want to have something that is not considered a diet food I can I just have to choose to not do so all the time. I am trying to go with a higher protein diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables for the majority of my eating along with drinking mostly water.

I actually have a few moments to stop in and say hello to everyone. Things are going great for me lately though I could use my family helping get the house clean because we are trying to see if we can refinance our house. Our loan is through rural development currently and because of how our income fell during the first few years we were in the house we had assistance with the amount of our payment going to interest on our loan. This is money that will have to be paid back when DH or I are no longer living in this house be for any reason so we could stay with paying our loan to rural development and we would not have to pay that amount that they call a recaputure until we either sold the house, went into a care home teif that was needed or both of us passed away (in which case our children would have to take out a loan if necessary and pay it). The amount paid is not directly the amount that was paid in assistance dollar for dollar but is based on the difference of the assesed value of our home at the time that we are no longer living in it or if we refinance the loan with another lender (it's considered a sale but we are both the buyer and the seller) and what it was when we moved into the house. The house is a mess and I am not getting much help for getting things done. With my chronic fatique and fibro I am putting myself in a situation where I am getting injured or am wearing myself out so I am only able to do a little bit and then am requiring a couple of days to recover. I also have to schedule the cleaning times so that I am not down when there are other things going on such as 4-H meetings, holiday get togethers including my father in laws 80th birthday this past Sunday (I had one taco, a piece of cake and one scoop of ice cream with a glass of water to drink), and still being able to semi function on my recovery days beyond barely being able to walk to the bathroom.
Christmas shopping is just about done. My oldest and I are planning to go out on Friday (when DH will not have to go to work later in the day so we are not rushed for time) so that we can finish up shopping for DH along with getting a few things for the cats. I am thinking they might get a new scratching post this year as their one with the sissle rope has been totally destoyred and their one that is rope and carpet is looking pathetic. DH will go out on Saturday to finish up shopping for me and he and I both will go out next Monday to finish up getting gifts for the girls (we are 1 gift short for our older DD and need some stocking stuffers for both girl). DH is on vacation once he gets off from his Thursday night shift early Friday morning until he has to go on shift the Sunday afternoon between Chrismas and New Years. While I am out shopping he can get some of the cleaning done and I have also said that I want some done on Saturday as well. I have absolutely no decorations up this year (again) and damn it I want to have some decorations even if I don't get my larger tree set up again this year. We inherited my parents old but still in good shape tree a few years ago after what I thought was going to be a single year of no tree due to the one we no longer staying up (it was the one that my parents got when I was either in middle or high school-can't remember when they went to artificial instead of a live tree and I graduated in the early 90s). I have yet to have that tree put up. The first year I was able to have all my non tree decorations put up the first year including my smaller table top tree that stays decorated year round (it just goes on a shelf in the basement store room when not out for a decoraton).
I got on the scale this morning and I am only .2 pounds away from so far loosing 10% of my top weight as of this morning. It is nice that I have found a natural product that works for my thryroid which I have gotten no help from the medical profession with because all they care about is that my lab numbers are normal irregardless that I have just about every symptom with the exception of those that only pertain to males. I am not following a specific diet plan other than watching the amount that I eat so if I want to have something that is not considered a diet food I can I just have to choose to not do so all the time. I am trying to go with a higher protein diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables for the majority of my eating along with drinking mostly water.

Good to hear you are doing well and Welcome back!!!

Good to hear from you!

We’re getting our house ready to sell in the near future and clearing and cleaning out can be overwhelming. Taking it in small chunks as you’re doing is a good plan. Every bit makes a difference!

It sounds like you’re doing well-hope you keep posting!

Good to hear from you!

@sweetpeama good to hear from you!

Thankful Thursday - I’m thankful for the 2 hour delay today. I’m thankful my family is all safe from the snow squalls yesterday that caused some icy conditions and some very bad accidents! I’m thankful for the upcoming break to spend time with my family. I’m thankful for my wonderful coworkers who are making this last week of craziness in an elementary school so much more bearable! There have been many treats in the faculty room, secret Santa gifts, and just kindness & laughter throughout the hallways! It’s truly been one amazing week before holiday break! And I absolutely LOVE to give gifts, so I’m thankful it’s less than a week until Christmas!!!

THANKFUL THURSDAY

In a couple weeks we come to the end of the year and the end of the decade. What is something you did or experienced in the past year that you are thankful for. And what is something you did or experienced in the decade that you are thankful for?

DECADE:
About eight years ago I made a conscious decision to put myself in to social situations where I knew I would be uncomfortable, so I could pick up some sorely needed social skills. It all started with Disney... I heard about a Disney fan group called Tagrel that I joined on-line. When they had their next gathering at WDW I decided to go, putting myself in a situation where I would be surrounded by new people. A couple years after that I started doing my crafting travel, going to workshops and classes around the country. I've grown and gained skills (social and other) doing these things, so I am thankful that I had the idea, that I followed thru with it, for the experiences I've had and for the people it has brought in to my life.

2019:
I remember very clearly, late in 2018, thinking "I'm done", that I'd grown enough and learned enough and was ready to settle into who I was. Well, the universe heard that and boom, busted that bubble right open. Consequently 2019 has been a year of accelerated growth and learning and I am a very different person coming out of the year than who I was when it started. I am very, very thankful for this.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!