Kelly&Adrian 09/22/10- SBP/The Attic/HDDR/UK - Nominated for Best Dressed Attendants!

daisygirl902

DIS Veteran
INDEX
Intro
Rings
Shoes
Newsletter #1
Newsletter#2
Dress
Ceremony
MOH Dress
New Plan!
Wedding day timeline
Planner and PS Plan
Food Tasting
Planning Session
Invites
Estimated Budget from Disney
Floral Proposal
At- home reception plan
Something Old, Something new
Etsy Transfers/Shirts
At Disney!
Wedding Pic Sneak Peeks
Video Sneak Peek
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trip Report Started!
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Mini Update
Getting Ready and First Look
MK Shoot
EPCOT Shoot
Pre-Ceremony Pics
Ceremony Part 1
Ceremony Part 2
Post-Ceremony Pics
Reception Part 1
Reception - Minnie and Mickey arrive!
Dinner at HDDR
Dessert Party
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, Alright - after over a year on the boards, scouring every post for countless hours every day, and asking question after question from all the experts on here, I've finally decided to commit, and actually start my PJ.

I feel like I am starting this very late, as most of my plans are made, but I figure for all those last minute details I may need some followers to help me along the way - so c'mon ladies, opinions are welcome (some of you have likely already flamed me for some of my fairly controversial ideas)...but I'm a big girl - I can take it!:rotfl: If there is one thing I never lose it's my sense of humor!

Alright - so where to begin....ah yes:

The cast and crew....
Me: Kelly, a 32 year old very stubborn, fun-loving, sometimes crazy, control freak, over-the-top Disney lover.
DFi: Adrian, 26 (almost 27 - yes I am a cradle robber and proud of it) year old hilarious, goofy, musically talented, definitely not a control freak, easygoing, good natured, wonderful, also over-the-top Disney lover (lucky for him)
Disney_2008_2141.jpg

Us at WCC being fools as usual...

MOH: My neice Jordan, 16 years old next month, the serious and quiet one, also an over-the-top Disney lover.
"Bestie" (short for best girl/woman/or a fairly inappropriate term I used once but shall not repeat): My niece Sara, 14 years old (and considers Adrian to be about the most awesome human being around and thus why she is standing with him)...she is the fun loving, silly, goofy, sensitive, and bratty one of the group ;)
DisneyPhotoImage57.JPG

Jordan is the taller one, Sara is the other one in the photo that is NOT Minnie Mouse...

Our Story
My passion for Disney has been going on basically my entire life, but really seemed to heighten in 2003. I had just come out of a very long and horrible relationship for which I had moved across the country from my family and friends for 6 years (i know - weird thing to post on my wedding PJ but it's a part of what brought me here today...). After we split I moved back to my hometown of 14000 people (Yarmouth, Nova Scotia for anyone who wants to google it) and a month later went on an epic Disney trip that my sister had organized for 17 family members. That trip changed, and pretty much saved my life...On that trip I made a few promises to myself....as cheesy as this may sound the first time I stood in front of the castle and watched Wishes, tears streaming down my face I thought to myself "Never again will I shortchange myself....I will never allow someone to be a part of my life that cannot appreciate how lucky I am to have this amazing family, and to have this kind of tie to them." My family are the most wonderful people in the world...I am close to my mom, both of my sisters, and their 4 children. Many people are not this lucky and I felt like that trip was the first time I had truly acknowledged and understood it. I knew from that day on that if I could not find someone who fit with all of us, then it would not be worth it for me...

Fast forward...Adrian and I met at the call center where we were both working at the time, me as a Trainer and him as a Help Desk Agent and Supervisor sometime in 2004 or 2005....I can't remember because we didn't really talk until 2007 (call centers are weird that way).

One night I was at home and he had "game night" on his MSN status (I am a huge board game freak) so I sent him a message asking what game he was playing, it turned out it was NOT the type of game that I expected at all but a geeky online game - (maybe some of you have heard of WoW??) that he played with his friends....anyways we struck up this very strange and random conversation... turns out we had both just gone through some very heavy-duty life changes and were ready for a fresh start. We talked pretty much constantly for the next few weeks, and lo and behold....3 years later here we are planning a Disney wedding (there's more to the story but I don't want to give it all away yet).

Well not only did I totally fall for him but so did my family - lucky guy, eh? He really is that guy who just "fits" with us!

Our first Disney Trip Together
So a bit more background....I'm not the only Disney Nut in my family....there is also my sister, my mom, and Jordan and Sara. All girls you may notice....due to some disastrous circumstances with family vacations prior to Adrian coming into my life we had kind of decided to leave the "boys" out of our Disney trips - forever. (and I DO mean disastrous...like imagine sharing a room with your mother and step father and him deciding not to speak to you for 8 days of the trip....that kind of disastrous...lol)...and for any guys out there reading this - I am NOT saying that men can't have fun at Disney - I am saying the men in OUR family had never been able to do it before!

So in 2008 my sister and I talked it over and said - OK here is the true test...we're going to bend our "no boys" rule and take Adrian to Disney with us and just see what happens. Little did he know this was a "make it or break it" situation. Not that I'm saying I would dump him if he did poorly on this trip - he just would never have been able to come on our Disney trips with us again (which are now at least annual if not twice annual trips)...so it was a big deal.

That trip was Adrian's first time ever on a plane, and turned out to be one of the most fantastic trips we had ever taken...it was kind of a done deal after that. He was so fun to have around, and on an all-girls trip at that! he was good natured, funny, and if anything entertained us in any lineups that were even moderately long....so yeah, he's a keeper. Luckily he caught the Disney bug too! We even got matching bright green t-shirts (which we are wearing in the above photo) which I will say he wore without even blinking an eye.

The Engagement
So this one is interesting, cause there wasn't an actual "pop the question" moment...we both knew where our relationship was headed, but I think the kicker that kind of made us look at it more seriously (or at least made me look at it more seriously) was the song he wrote me for Valentine's day 2009. He recorded it on our computer, doing the vocals, guitar, harmony, etc...it's amazing!

It is called Blue Sky and all I can post is the lyrics cause I don't think you can post music on here...at least I've never seen it. It's by far the nicest thing any man has ever done for me in my life!

Link to song (Added May 21)

Blue Sky
I'm so sad when i wake up
turn my head and you're not here now
cause you're at work now...

And I know sadness hits me when I call
to hear your voice but all i get now
is your stupid voicemail

But I know.....
You're my blue sky
silver lining
grass is greener
wherever you're standing
I wanna be standing
next to you

Happiness is waking up
close to you with nowhere to go now
and nothing to do now
And I know
happiness is when I can
run my fingers thru your hair now
again and again now

And I know...
Youre my blue sky
silver lining
grass is greener
wherever youre standing
I wanna be standing
with you

I don't need to impress you
I don't mean to stare
it's just that I'm so lucky
you're so into me...

You're my blue sky
silver lining
grass is greener
wherever you're standing
I wanna be standing
next to you

Someday soon I'll say i do
turn my head and look at you now
and you'll say it too now
And then I'll know
I am yours and you are mine
let's grow old and go to Disney
and ride the tower of terror...

Cause we both know, we both know
you're my blue sky (chorus until fade)

What happened Next?
So a couple of weeks after that, we were lazing around the house one day and I just said casually (and I was NOT being serious at the time) "Hey honey - we should get married at Disney" - he replied with an emphatic "YES - we SHOULD do that!"

and so the planning begins.....

Here is where we're at so far:
Date: September 22, 2010 (just confirmed the date last week)
Color Scheme: Brights - Teal, Hot Pink, Orange, Yellow
Cake: Hidden Mickey Mad Hatter in colors above
Flowers: Tossed up between simple Calla Lily bouquet, but in the process of changing my mind to Orange and Pink Gerbera Daisies with bright yellow roses...(Decided on the daisies)
Added Brunch (April 30): Tentatively thinking about The Attic
Dinner: Hoop-De-Doo Revue (more on this later)
DP: Sago Cay (changed to Upper UK Terrace EPCOT)
Photographer: Randy Chapman
Videography: STVS
Makeup/Hair: Patricia LeJeune
Rings: Custom made Mickey Mouse wedding bands - bought in October
Dress: bought in October - pics in next post
Tux: Renting a plain black tux, buying a teal vest/tie to match MOH dress
MOH Dress: Bought 2 weeks ago, pics to follow
Bestie: Wearing black bermuda shorts or capris, a white tuxedo shirt, and tailoring a vest and tie to match the groom, no jacket. Hair floral instead of boutiniere.
Honeymoon: 4 day cruise (my family is going on it too) on the Wonder, and 3 more days at Disney after the cruise just the 2 of us, so in total 2 weeks. (added 2 additional days at the end - so 16 days total now)

Here is my dress...the pics are awful because my friend convinced me that it would be dumb to take pictures with my actual camera (we used my BB) because Adrian might see them...and here I am posting them on a public forum hoping he doesn't figure out how to look me up on the disboards - LOL

IMG00039.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00034.jpg

Here is my MOH dress (this is not her - it's from their website):

dress.JPG

And here are my rings - they turned out exactly the way I wanted them!

Random_Dec_048.jpg

Random_Dec_047.jpg

Your plans sound great so far. I haven't had my wedding yet but I say go for it for Patricia. She has been awesome to get in touch with and has answered all my questions. ;)

Looking forward to reading more, we fly out on 27th September, i love going that time of year, so quiet and the weather is perfect!

Rachel
x

I feel like my life revolves around countdowns these days. I bought into DVC on my August Trip, the tipping point for me was the wedding trip. We have agreed to pay for his mom and Dad's rooms, food, and park tickets...as they normally wouldn't go to Disney like my family would. So I bought 200 pts at BLT (not a spur of the moment decision - I had been considering it for some time). This will allow us to splurge on really nice rooms, they are the types of people that may only do a trip like this once in a lifetime, so i want to make it really special....

I have debated on this long and hard and went from being totally set on a 2 bdrm to realizing that it'll be nice to have privacy so I want 2 studios instead...I booked a 1 bdrm at BLT as a "just in case" at the 11 month mark, but today is the day I can change my ressie!! I am hoping for 2 standard studios at BWV, but that's doubtful, so my second choice is studio at AKV, third is OKW. Hopefully the pixie dust is plentiful today. I'll let you all know how I make out later today.

Looking forward to reading more, we fly out on 27th September, i love going that time of year, so quiet and the weather is perfect!

Rachel
x

We also love going in September - the weather is a bit less rainy than August, and normally we go right before F&W so it works out really well, crowd wise!

Your plans sound great so far. I haven't had my wedding yet but I say go for it for Patricia. She has been awesome to get in touch with and has answered all my questions. ;)

Thanks for the feedback - I have looked at countless photos in the past year, and she really seems to have a knack with the "natural look" yet seems to also do hair and makeup that has staying power - perfect for me!

I am so over the moon excited about this! We will be staying in my first choice of BW Standard view studios for the week of the wedding, BLT on the night before in a 1 bdrm with the bridal party. I can't believe we got 2 standard view studios at one of the busiest DVC resorts! I feel totally sprinkled in pixie dust right now!

Ok, so I started reading your PJ and the tears were pouring down my face! I know you are my sister and I know that story BUT seeing it written down with the song and all......OMG! So amazing.....I love you guys! So pleased that you got your first choices too! Keep it coming Kel....I'm on the edge of my seat!popcorn::

Ok, so I started reading your PJ and the tears were pouring down my face! I know you are my sister and I know that story BUT seeing it written down with the song and all......OMG! So amazing.....I love you guys! So pleased that you got your first choices too! Keep it coming Kel....I'm on the edge of my seat!popcorn::

I MADE YOU POST!! You got me into these boards years ago and I am post #1!! YAY - I feel so special!

:woohoo:

Aww what a great story! Congratulations!! And btw, I love the wedding bands (and have a hidden Mickey tattoo also!!!). Looking forward to reading more!

congrats! I'm glad you started a PJ. I remember when you posted those rings a while ago...very cute! :goodvibes

So more on our story later - but I love that I now have a place to post these little bits of awesomeness as they come up...not only did I get my first choice in resort reservations this morning, but I got my second edition on my newsletter back from my graphic designer friend today (I can't figure out how to convert the file to post it but I will soon), AND I got a call from Amy! She is my assigned planner - I am so friggin excited right now! It feels like after months and months of waiting things are finally happening - OMG this is amazing.

So I just had to post this little rant cause HOLY it's been a good day!

Thanks for reading and posting ladies! It makes this so much more fun! I've kind of secretly idolized most of you from afar for the past year so it's kind of cool that now you are finally here reading MY story :cheer2:

Oh and here's the first newsletter that I sent out about 6 months ago to get people in the right mindframe, and to get them to start planning their trips:

Image001.jpg

Image0021.jpg

Image0031.jpg

Image004.jpg

As you read that newsletter you may have noticed that my "reception" choice is very untraditional...I got flamed so badly at one point on these boards for even daring to suggest that it's OK to have an "optional" reception at HDDR where guests would use their own dining plan credits or even pay for their ticket that I almost a) stopped posting and b) changed my plan.

Well the funny part is I talked it over with my family who basically said "Are you nuts??? OF COURSE we would pay for our tickets!!! It's CRAZY to suggest that you pay for everyone - you've got enough on your plate right now!"

So again - although I may seem crazy to some people - it's all in staying true to who you are and doing what's right for yourself...and this was right for us. We are not exactly in a great place financially right now - it's not the ideal time to be planning a wedding but it's what we decided to do. In fact right around the time we decided to get married at Disney, Adrian decided to go to school, so we began living on one income - not ideal at all with a wedding in the works. But we just have decided to get creative and do what we have to do to make it work for us...and if that means saving $1200 on dinner so that we can have a $2000 dessert party then so be it, I can live with that and so can my guests.

I was thinking last night about how much this plan had morphed since the start....here is what I envisioned a year ago, and how/why it changed:

Wedding was to be held at SBP, with dinner to follow at Ohana. Dress was to be a cocktail length simple white dress, and I wanted a Morocco DP. We were planning to stay at POP Century, as that was where we always stayed...

Here's how and why it changed....
The first change came after I had pored over a million photos and decided to hire Randy Chapman for photography...soon after I started looking into videography and decided Stan (STVS) was also a great fit. I got Stan's sample DVD in the mail, and we sat down and watched it, and there was a wedding on it in the WP (which i had always considered too big and too conventional for the type of wedding I wanted)....When I saw that couple getting married with the view of the castle through the window I was IN LOVE!! The other bonus to the WP is that it is inside AND air conditioned!

SO - after we had changed the location I decided that a simple cocktail length dress just was NOT going to do - and thus changed to a big pouffy, sparkly dress. I'm REALLY happy I made this change - I am in love with my dress (I'll take better pics when I go for a fitting).

I had decided on Ohana based on the rave reviews on these boards, but went last summer for the first time, and I was sorely disappointed....I mean, it wasn't horrible, but I didn't love the food! I DO however LOVE HDDR - so I talked it over with my sister Candi (my resident expert) and she wholeheartedly agreed that HDDR was a great choice for us - we are pretty fun loving and crazy, so I think it'll be a blast!

The dessert party also changed, for a few reasons:
1. I love wishes! And I mean LOVE wishes...
2. I saw this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2177083 - the blue fairy firework is my favorite - I cry everytime she lights up the sky - the picture of Heidi and Tom totally won me over on this being the right location for us....
3. I found out about the cheesecake lollipops - lol....what more do I have to say?
3. Randy can come and do the photos....which I love!

And the last change was the biggest - accommodations! I know I mentioned that things are not ideal financially right now, however I am a long term thinker - so on my trip with my mom this summer I finally took the leap and purchased DVC - we had already decided we would pay for his parents accommodations as a part of our "wedding budget planning" - and when I found out how much better it would be to do this using DVC points it just clicked and made sense...have I questioned my horrible timing? Yes - I probaby should have waited until Adrian is done school and the wedding is done....Do I regret it? Not even for a second - it's something I would have eventually done anyways. So we are now staying at BWV as I posted yesterday - for our first DVC stay!

Thanks for reading - more to come, but for now I gotta go to work to start paying for some of this stuff! :rotfl:

I got my wedding shoes today - thanks to my wonderful sister Candi! She called me at work to tell me about these fantastic HOT PINK shoes that she found to go with Jordan's dress...so i went out and bought myself a matching pair....I love the thought of my princessy white dress with the hot pink stilettos peeking out occasionally....so another YAY moment!

I am in the midst of a few debates and not sure what to do or how to make some of these decisions...one is the officiant and the second is the WP decor.

For the officiant I am looking for someone to do a non-religious ceremony that has a good sense of humor and is pretty easygoing....I have some more research to do before I make this decision because to me, it can make or break the day!

For the WP decor the decision will be purely financial...if I can budget it in I would like to get some altar florals, as well as possibly an aisle runner...the only thing I hate about the WP is the carpet - and I really, really don't like it! however I have read that aisle runners can be very expensive too....these small decisions can be costly, and it's getting hard to figure out what the biggest priorities are. So far on my "wish list" of things I am not sure if I can fit in are:

1. Aisle runner
2. Confetti Cannon - 2nd choice would be toss petals...but I am so hung up on the cannons!
3. Floral decor

Any feedback or suggestions welcome! This Is a collaborative effort you know!

More tomorrow I'm sure....there seems to be a never ending stream of "wedding narrative" that runs through my head at every moment!

We wanted floral in the WP too but ultimately we decided the WP is beautiful on it's own and we wouldn't spend the money on floral for 20 minutes. Plus our floral would not be able to travel to our reception site. So if it's something that you can use for both, then it might be cost effective. We are having a white aisle runner ($75) and pink rose petals on the aisle ($300). We had picked out these great arrangements for next to the altar but when they added up to $750 we nixed them.

Do you have any ideas??Post pics!!

I agree with Mandy... I think the WP can be lovely without any added floral. I love the pictures of the confetti cannons, very cool! I think I personally am fixated on the petal toss, but the confetti definitely makes for some awesome pictures! Good luck with whatever you decide, keep us posted!

Thanks for the advice ladies - I really don't know that I can consider the $400 for the aisle runner plus petals....especially when for that price I could stick with my original dream of having the confetti cannon! I am going to work later to try to get a compilation of pics that I like for a bit of floral, especially altar arrangements, and I'll just have to live with the carpet!

Here's a pic of the shoes I picked up yesterday - I am in LOVE with them! So Jordan and I will both be wearing these:

shoes.jpg

shoes2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!