Key West Cancelled?

sushilover

Mouseketeer
My good friends are cruising during Thanksgiving and just received their docs today. They said that Key West was cancelled but they were visiting Castaway Cay twice. Does anyone know why Key West was cancelled - I don't think that Isabel was involved in this. Anyway, I guess its not a total loss - 2 days at CC.

They might want to call DCL to find what the deal is....as far as I know, Key West is still a port of call for the Western.....Andy

My TA told me there was an event in key west that prevented the magic from docking there that week, so they are doing CC twice that week.

There was a thread on the boards quite some time ago about this--apparently there is a boating event going on in the Keys that is preventing the docking of the ship.

I would LOVE 2 days at Castaway Cay. Lucky friends!

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by SueEllen
I would LOVE 2 days at Castaway Cay. Lucky friends!

Sue Ellen

I was just thinking the same thing! 2 days at Castaway Cay...Wow I bet that will be awesome!!!

just saw it last night on the 11/22 thread
they are going to Castaway Cay both Mon (instead of Key West) and Friday
boating event is keeping Magic from stopping in Key West

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
just saw it last night on the 11/22 thread
they are going to Castaway Cay both Mon (instead of Key West) and Friday
boating event is keeping Magic from stopping in Key West

Oh I thought they were going to spend the night there. I would love to do that, but leaving and going back puts a different spin on it. Still wouldn't mind going twice but doesn't sound quite as exciting.

Actually, we are going to Castaway Cay on SUNDAY and FRIDAY...not monday and friday. That's part of the reason we booked for that week!:)
And, yes..it is because they are having a huge regatta or some sort of event that will prevent the Magic from docking that week.

Lisa

sorry saw it was at beginning and end of week

think its a great idea - Nov 9 will be my 2nd time at Key West but ya know as long as Im finally on the ship I dont care where the heck we go!

Have a great cruise

lol Lisa - I just saw your tag about DH! is he related to mine?

The power boat competitions are in Key west the 23 so the port is closed. That is why we are going to CC twice. It is why I booked it!!! It has been this way since atleast May when we booked ours. See the other thread on this board about the Thanksgiving cruise. Disney is offering a special for CC shore excursions!

It's interesting that Disney (and/or the port) is making these changes to the Thanksgiving cruise this year. We were on the Thanksgiving cruise last year and were in Key West when the competition was being held.

It looked like it was a well-attended and highly publicized event. It was actually very neat to watch the races from Deck 10 of the ship. Great view!

I wonder why the port decided to handle the cruise ships differently this year as compared to last year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter