• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Has anyoen doen thsi? Thoughts?
We might be taking a short trip w/o kids for our anniversay and I've always wanted to do thsi.
Did you learn anything? Was it interesting or are we gonna know must of the stuff already?
Thansk for any opinions.

w enjoyed it and have talked of doing it again. you get to see the parade floats up close and of course the famous tunnels under MK. if you have been to wdw several times then by all means do this. but i would not receommed a first timer to do it. some of the magic will be removed. happy anniversay! :tongue:

Keys to the Kingdom was an incredible tour. I had been to WDW numerous times prior, but learned a lot!! There is a lot of stuff that surprised me. It was part of the package we purchased last year, but I would do all over again and pay the fee separately if I had to. It was really good!

Well worth the money in our opinion.DW enjoyed the part of tour where they showed what is first floor of Magic Kingdom.Hint it is not the area where all attractions and shops are at.:wave2: :wizard: ::MickeyMo pirate:

I loved the tour!!! I wish I could do all the behind the scenes tours but I will have to wait until my children are older. I learned some really neat things ( I am still impressed by the waste disposal system) I love learning about little details, the tour is loaded with great tidbits! I would definately book in advance.

I took it when I went in March of 2001. I enjoyed it a lot but I really love to see what makes everything work. My advise though is, if you are easily upset by finding out how the magic works, and believe me the waste disposal system is interesting but can take away from the magic by a lot, then don't do it.

I made reservations the day before while I was visiting Disney Studios but I might have just been lucky. Doing it in advance is a safe way to be sure you will be able to attend. The cost is about $55.00 per person and that is over and above the cost of admission to MK but it does include a really nice lunch and some special name tags and pins.

Actually it's required to reserve in advance. Full payment is collected on your credit card at the time you make the reservation, although you can get a full refund if you cancel within the proper window of time.

I'm taking this tour for the first time on my Dec. trip, since I'll have 2 days solo before the rest of my group arrives. I'm really looking forward to it. :hyper:

Whatever you decide, have a great trip! :D

We've been to WDW quite a few times, this is the first time we did the Keys tour (7 days ago actually) and it was incredible. We both learned quite a bit and had a good time.

ckj, off topc, but is that a springer or a brittany? We have a brittany at home. Cute dog you have.

Jazz is an energetic Brittany.

We did the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion and we didn't wait in any lines.

For the jungle cruise we used the exit as our entrance and for HM we went in part way through the exit and then used a backdoor to go directly to one of the stretching rooms.

Btw, if you have Ben (young guy) as your guide, tell him congrats as we were his first solo tour and he did very well.

If you have trouble finding the meeting spot for the tour, just after you walk under the train station, turn left and it's just to the left of the city hall/guest services building.

Just a wee bit, but that's ok, I would rather have one that loves to play than one that doesn't.

For me the Keys to the Kingdom tour added to the magic, learning about timing for the parade floats etc. We did Jungle Cruise, and HM, and remember there's a small discount with AP or soon to be gone DC. Our energetic guide was Rae!

My mom and I took this tour in February and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We also did Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Our tour guide was Robin and she was fantastic. She loved Disney so much and at one point even had some of us crying when she talked about how much a trip to the World can mean to families - like if one person is really old or terminally ill. I'd happily do this tour again some day.

Great tour, I haven't read one bad post about it. We did this in July and our guide was Rae. We rode Pirates, the HM, and the Jungle Cruise. I don't think a first-timer should do this tour, but I found that it really adds to the magic.

It is a tradition - we go on this tour during the early part of our holiday each year. We booked this during our Easter break and are not arriving at the World until the 24th of this month. If you have small children then I would not advise it as it will take away some of the magic for them. I think the waste disposal system is fantastic - in fact I think the whole Magic Kingdom is fantastic. When it comes to organisation Disney leads the rest. Go on the tour it is really worth it.

Originally posted by Donald's #1 Fan
If you have small children then I would not advise it as it will take away some of the magic for them.
Actually, you have to be 16 to take this tour. We have it booked for Oct. 25th (DD is turning 16 during the trip). I believe they have a family tour though that is shorter and more suitable for younger children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter