Kidcot question.

Miaka

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right place for this. I have heard mention of "Kidcot" in epcot, but I can't find anything that explains what exactly it is. Last time I was in disney, I wasn't as concerned about kid things, I was on my honeymoon, this time it'll be my 9year old, 6 year old and 4 year old and so I was just wondering what these things are. I have long time disney goers telling me to skip Epcot because I have kids (I tell them it is NOT a possibility, I love that park.). any help?

Kidcot was great for our kids this year! We didn't do it last year and we only did it in the countries not in future world. You go to the first country and get a mask and a little tag from the country...I think each country has a different mask to start with. We started in Canada. You get to color your mask and then stop in each country to get a new tag, a stamp and in Japan and China they will write out your child's name on the mask. It was nice to get the kids envolved at each country and we would take a break at each one to let them color a little more on the mask. In some countries the CM's were extra nice and if it was not busy would spend time talking to our kids. I think it is worth the time.

In many (probably all) of the world showcase countries there is a table set up for kids to do crafts. I only noticed a few of them since I was there with my husband for our honeymoon. But I remember one being set up in the front of the Mexico building, and also one in the UK building where the characters are. I also remember there being one in The Land, next to the Garden Grill restaurant.

I think the land was just a coloring sheet. And I saw a bunch of kids that made masks and colored those as well.

They also have the Kim Possible adventure thing. And we saw a lot of kids playing with these. My husband and I didn't try it (we were too busy trying to meet characters hehe) but the kids seemed to be enjoying special missions in the different countries.

I personally think you'll be able to find enough for a 4, 6 and 9 year old to do there. And if not, just tell them to suck it up...that's what my parent's did! :)

Thanks ! just wasn't sure it was like some of the other parks I have been to where it's an "extra" cost that I need to put their money away for, or if it's just a station they can go to. I hope my daughter has fun with it, she loves the Disney channel and watches it all day, she was offered free Jonas Brothers tickets today and she said "no yuck". She's so hard to guess as to what she will like or not.

I just came back from WDW with my DD,9, & DS,5. They loved making the masks and doing the passports at the Kidcots. It really made the world showcase enjoyable for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter