Kids 1st time - meeting Mickey in MK a must?

Afabena

Mouseketeer
My kids are 6 and this will be their 1st trip. Anyone skip meeting Mickey in MK? We have a Chef Mickeys and a H&V seasonal ADR booked so we will see Mickey during both of those meals. CM is our arrival day and H&V is 4 days later - thoughts on Mickey in the MK too?

No, you don't have to meet Mickey in MK. I've never taken my two WDW veteran children to meet Mickey there. They've only met him in either restaurants or using the Disney Visa Character meet and greet in Epcot.

We met Mickey at Ohana, character Spot in Epcot and Garden Grill at Epcot.

Aside from character spot, the only M&G we did were Anna/Elsa in Norway, Snow White in Germany, Daisy Duck in Epcot and Donald Duck in Hollywood Studios.

I know you can meet Mickey and Minne in Town Square at the MK, but we don't since lines are usually long and it's not a priority-they do offer FP. I think it will be just Mickey after September 30. We have met them together on Discovery Island in AK, and lines were much shorter. Alsoo the Epcot character spot had shorter lines. The Tusker House character meal in AK is great, and you meet Mickey there. It seems after seeing him at two character meals it would be enough?

We met Mickey at Ohana, character Spot in Epcot and Garden Grill at Epcot.

Aside from character spot, the only M&G we did were Anna/Elsa in Norway, Snow White in Germany, Daisy Duck in Epcot and Donald Duck in Hollywood Studios.
It was MUCH easier for us to meet characters in Epcot! Lines were very short! Donald in Mexico, Snow White in Germany, Jasmine in Morocco, Alice in UK, and Belle in France. We also met Ralph and Vanelope in Imagination pavilion.

It was MUCH easier for us to meet characters in Epcot! Lines were very short! Donald in Mexico, Snow White in Germany, Jasmine in Morocco, Alice in UK, and Belle in France. We also met Ralph and Vanelope in Imagination pavilion.

I think it took me far too many trips to realize HOW MANY characters are in Epcot.

When Gwen was 5 we took our 1st (and I swore only trip) and we met him at Chef Mickey's and then 2 days later at Garden Grill. I have learned to love character meals.

Our girls' first two trips they just met Mickey at meals. During our last trip we did meet Mickey and Minnie at AK, but only because we were killing time on a post-rain empty-out and there was no line.

For our DD we got a FP+ for Mickey at MK it was a bit of a waste as far as FP goes but at the same time she loves meeting characters. That being said I think character meals would’ve been plenty adequate even for her and M&G was her favorite part.

Thanks! I do think 2 meets at character meals should be adequate for Mickey. Just needed some validation from folks who have gone. A lot of our meals are planned with character meets in mind.

I appreciate the tip on Epcot characters! Last time I was in Epcot the characters roamed freely and wore the future space suits. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!