Kids activities at Castaway

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
Does the kids club have on shore activites at Castaway? Or are the activites on the boat, or both?

If on shore, what are the activities and what's the shade level of the kids area?

While the ship is at CC, the kids activities are operated on CC. There is a sectioned off area just for the kids and there is plenty of shade there. They have sand digs and there's a water activity (not into the ocean, some sort of water spray thingy) to name a few. They can have lunch there with the kids in the club (they have their own shaded picnic area). You sign them in and out just like on the ship and the page system works as well (I know, we got a page after lunch) I'm not sure if any kids activities are held on the ship as well during the time the ship is docked, but once everyone is back onboard, that's when the activities start up again at the clubs. On the Wonder in June, the rehearsal for the kids show was scheduled as soon as we got back on.

Johnnie,
There is a website www.castawayclub.com
There you will find all the navigators for children, all age groups. While there are no official Oceaneer's club or lab activities on the ship while at Castaway Cay, there are activities on board. The pools remain open, there are movies and such.
Believe me, your children will LOVE Castaway Cay!
Check out that site!

We've been to CC twice with sons (5 and 8). Both times the kids spent some time in the kids club at CC. Though there is some shade, I would recommend lots of sunscreen before you drop them off. Also, the kids really enjoy the whale dig (Monstro point) and my 8 year old liked the searching for treasure pirate activity. They don't get into the ocean at all so I would recommend some time at the family beach. Activities resume back on the boat around 4:30 or so. The kids need to be checked in about then to rehearse for the Discover the Magic show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter