Kids - cash vs charge

TCROMW1013

Earning My Ears
I have a question. Can kids pay cash for the arcade or if they want to get a smoothie. I would feel better is my son/daughter lost 10.00 rather than put charging privelages on their card. I just read where a posters son lost his card and someone had found it a put 100.00 on it in the arcade. (By the way, Disney did apparently take care of her, but if I can avoid that problem, that would be great)

As far as I know cash is not accepted on the ship for purchases, so no they could not use cash. you can however, purchase arcade cards for them and then they just carry that card around with them, so if they lost that, it would only be $10 or so, depending on how much you put on it. This however wouldn't work for he smoothies.

There are no cash transactions (other than tipping room service and potentially your servers at the end of the trip) onboard.

If losing their KTTW is a concern my suggestion would be that you carry it (I presume they are relatively young) so that you know where it is when leaving the ship as you will need it to do so in port. And then you can control the purchases of arcade cards and smoothies, etc.

Deb

Cash isn't accepted anywhere on the ship. Everything must be charged on a Key to the World Card.

I think kids 9 and older could hold their own cards. I have a DD that is 11 and I will trust her to hold her own card in her fanny pack. I'm not sure about my DS. He is an arcade fiend. I might just hold his card. I don't know.:bounce: :p :Pinkbounc

As the mother of twin 9 year olds addicted to the arcade I will warn you that there is a machine in the arcade that you can swipe your KTW card and select $10, $15 or $20 cards. Very tempting and easy- although the boys did well - I threatened to take away all charging rights if they went overboard.

Another word of warning: the smoothie people are everywhere - shows, movies, etc. walking with trays of smoothies ready to be signed for - very tempting

Good luck,
Barbara

I posted about a similar subject a couple of weeks ago. I think we will let the kids have charging privledges and then tell them that they are only good for $20 and that we may be reviewing charges hourly. I am an accountant and rather anal so all the kids will believe this!!! I don't know if I can stand to wait another 110 days!!!

Please excuse my whimpering!!!!

Laura

Personally, I take the charging priviledges (sp?) off immediately. I know he would not charge anything without permission, but even though he'll be 13 next year, there's still a chance he could lose it. In June, we bought him one of the nice lanyards to keep his KTTW card and his lab id card in. Of course he laid it down in the lab next to a computer and it disappeared. Somehow, he still had his KTTW card, .....hmmmm?

I just read in another post about a child losing his kttw card and someone charged $100 in the arcade by the time they reported it. I think this is the only place you can charge without your room number. The family did get it worked out eventually.

Basically, there's nothing my ds needs to be charging, so why risk it. We always get him the arcade cards ourselves and bring some pop on board. JMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter