Kids Clubs/Child Care

dvc guy

DIS Veteran
DW and I are planning on having a nice Dinner at the California Grill and plan on leaving the DD 10 & DS 6 at the kids club in the hotel.

What are your thoughts on disney's kids clubs and does anyone have feedback from the children. The kids are old enough that I am not worried about them, but would like to know they are having fun, it's their vacation too.

Hi,
My kids (DD 8, DS 5) loved the Simbas Cubhouse at AKL.
I think they liked having a break from all the rushing around and just being able to play with toys, video games, and watch TV.
They also did all kinds of crafts and games with them.
At AKL, they had 3 "grandmothers" who took care of and played with them.
They also had a great time making new friends.

Don't feel guilty. They will enjoy it more than sitting at dinner.
Ours also included a meal, so they felt like they were going to a restaurant without us.

We came back at 10 PM to pick them up and they did not want to leave because they were just about to get out mats and watch a movie.:D

Go and enjoy a night out!! (Without guilt!!!:Pinkbounc )

Our kids went to clubs three of our nine nights at WDW and they loved all three and begged to go again. They stayed at the Mouseketeer Clubhouse at the CR and I think that's where my daughter brought a bead kit back with her. The boys played video games the whole time, and at pick up, my daughter and another girl wer on mats watching a movie. I would say that compared to the Neverland Club and Simba's Clubhouse, the one in the CR LOOKS plain, but I found the CMs to be by far the friendliest at the CR. Your kids would no doubt much prefer the clubhouse to sitting in "another boring restaurant."

DS went to the Cubs Den at WL on his first trip to WDW when he was 4, and it was his favorite part of the whole trip! He also enjoyed it at 5 and 6. They had a ton of video games so I knew he would be happy. The CMs also spend lots of time playing with the kids and each time, they tell me something about what he had been doing. One time, they let him save the Lincoln Log house he had built so he could show me. Another time, he met a boy from England who had the same name as him and they had played together all evening.

Around 9 or 10, they put on a movie and have everyone lay down on mats until they get picked up.

I'm sure your kids will enjoy it.

My boys LOVED Simba's at AKL.

One word of caution, though, after one night they kept bugging us to go back each and every subsequent night of the vacation! I agree that it gives them a break too. After all, back home during our "regular" lives, we don't spend 24/7 together. They are used to getting a break from the parents too.

Thanks for all the information. I am a lot more relaxed now, hopefully DW will feel the same way.

We just placed our son in the Neverland Club while we were at WDW last week. He loved it! We went to visit it prior to taking him so he felt more comfortable. The CM was very nice and encouraged questions and for us to check everything out. He couldn't wait to be checked in to "climb through the window".

We did the exact same thing last Christmas. We have three kids: 7,8,10 and they had a blast. Wanted to go back the next night. The Neverland Club has a kid's buffet too and it goes well with the California Grill because of the monorail. This will save time and allow you more time together. Be sure to get a window seat and enjoy the MK fireworks!

Hi, I'm just preparing to get ready for childcare at GF. My mom & my sister will be at the swimming pools, so it would be nice to have fun at the Mouseketeer Club.

We've used the Neverland Club at the Poly many times; our son was 6, 8, 10, & 11; he insisted on going twice each trip! We've also used Club Dolphin (he insisted on going twice that trip also!). He has always had a wonderful experience and is always anxious to go back. He also did a number of classes at Camp Disney (Disney Institute) and loved them all ... unfortunately, they don't offer Camp Disney anymore. Our experience with Disney child care has been fantastic!

Great tips from everybody.
Slawdoggy you hit the nail on the head. We picked Cal Grill so we would be close to child care, no wasted time in transit and we do plan on watching the fireworks from on " ring side seats".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter