Kim & Bill's Disney Fantasy Cruise Wedding - 10/7/2017

KimChriste

Earning My Ears
Wedding Details:

Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral, Tortola, St. John/St. Thomas, Castaway Cay)
Wedding Date: October 7, 2017
Ceremony Location: TBA
Reception Location: TBA
Time: TBA

Table of Contents:

Our Story
Engagement
Engagement Photo
My Ring
His Ring
Ring Box
Venue/Wedding Website
Invitations
Wedding Theme
The Dress
The License
Cake
Cake Topper
Bouquet
Wedding Favors
Wedding Party
Return At-Home Reception
Reception Theme

Last edited:
Our Story:
:tinker:

I have been a Disney lover all my life. Born and raised in Southern California, I have been going to Disneyland since I was a little girl. I have always dreamed of being a Disney bride, I can't believe it's actually going to happen!!

About the Bride
My name is Kim and I live about 35 minutes from Disneyland. I have a season pass and frequently go to the park. I have 2 boys (23 and 20...I'm going to pretend that doesn't make me old). My youngest son works at Disneyland, so the love of all things Disney apparently is inherited! :earboy2:

95E4F567-9CC7-4377-B824-90228693E738.jpg

About the Groom:
My fiancé's name is Bill and we met in high school. We never dated each other, as I was only a freshman and he was a senior when we met. Although that was the case, there has always been great love between us. Throughout the 30+ years we've known each other, our lives progressed but we never lost touch. Two and a half years ago we realized that we were each other's soul mates...who knew???? I think deep down we've always known, but were never in the right place at the right time. Bill loves Disney as much as I do. It's our favorite date place to go.
Seriously...this man even sweats Disney! Match made in ToonTown!!

IMG_0357.JPG

Attachments

• 0C5072E5-67D4-4B6D-B2C7-1935FB2BD6DB.JPG
    0C5072E5-67D4-4B6D-B2C7-1935FB2BD6DB.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
About us:
Although we didn't get engaged at Disney (like I had wished), Bill planned a very romantic engagement in San Diego just prior to leaving for a Cabo San Lucas vacation. We have five kids between us ranging from 18 to 31 who live all over the world. Trying to get them all in one place is a challenge!
2DF9415C-E2AB-40F9-9E9B-1BCE3C2973F4.JPG

Last edited:
Choosing a Venue:
Since I didn't get my dream Disney engagement, Bill suggested we get married at Disneyland. I was elated!! Sadly, after doing research it just seemed out of our budget. We considered other venues and adding Disney elements to it, but it still didn't feel right. After much soul searching and deciding what truly would work for our blended families, we decided that we would do a Disney wedding-moon on the DCL Fantasy on October 7, 2017 with a reception at home when we returned. We are so excited and can't wait for the date to get here! We didn't think anyone would be sailing with us, but right away one of my best friend and her husband booked. Shortly thereafter, Bill's mom, sister and her family also booked to sail with us. We are truly blessed!!

Now I get to have the time of my life planning this adventure!!!
:simba::ccat::tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

Here is our wedding website if anyone is interested. It was fun to set up and super helpful in getting the word out that we are planning a destination wedding with a return home reception.

https://www.weddingwire.com/billandkimc

Last edited:

I've been playing with wording for our invitations...if anyone has examples... please share them. I really considering making them myself. I ordered invitation suite samples from www.cardsandpockets.com and I'm pretty sure I know what I want. I just need help with figuring out how to get the inserts printed. Has anyone used Card and Pockets for printing? They are a bit pricey. How about a local printing company...any suggestions?

I also ordered a couple of cake toppers I fell in love with.
IMG_3350.PNG IMG_3351.PNG

I love this CAKE!!!
IMG_2371.PNG IMG_2370.PNG

But would rather have the design on the right (hidden Mickey's):
IMG_2364.JPG

So there's a story about my wedding band. I looked at so many rings and I couldn't find that perfect vintage look at the local jewelry stores that I had my heart set on. While searching online, I found the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen. I showed it to Bill and he said he'd look around. The only thing I wasn't in love with is the emerald, here's the ring...
RingMulti.JPG
When Bill proposed and presented the ring to me I cried. I couldn't believe he had contacted the jeweler in New York and had purchased it. He really took a risk, but he knew how much I loved it.
D68CDE39-5482-4968-8BF5-A535DC2627DE.JPG

When we returned home from our Cabo trip we exchanged the center stone to a diamond. We are talking about creating a pendant with the original emerald at some point. Here is the final look with the wedding band:
IMG_3325.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3323.JPG
    IMG_3323.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Since we are having a few guests join us on our cruise I want to put together welcome gifts and ship them to the port ahead of us. I found quite a few Disney Cruise ideas on Etsy including really cute tote bags, lanyards, water bottles, chap sticks, Yachts-sea game, ship directory cards that fit in lanyard key pouch, dry erase board, cup holder that works in sand, photo frame and door magnets. If I knew how to link my Pinterest page I would...

So today has been productive. I ordered our ring holder! I had found it months ago then it was sold before I acted. I checked again over the weekend and found a new one...so happy!!
RingHolder1.jpg Ringholder2.jpg

I also have my 1st concept design complete for our wedding invitations...I'm so in love with them already!DraftInvitation1.JPG DraftInvitation2.JPG

It's been a productive month...OH MY...7 months from tomorrow we will be married!!!!:smickey: princess:

We have decided to send out separate wedding invitations to our Cruise guests than Reception guests. After playing with wording and fonts and much fretting, I think I've finally finalized them. I will post pics after they are printed.

I also picked out my reception dress. Since our reception will be held at our home the weekend before Halloween, we decided to make it a costume party, also. So of course I had to find the biggest, poofiest Cinderella dress I could find...:tink: I absolutely love it!!! I think I may love it more than my wedding dress! LOL!! My DF is now in search for his Prince Charming attire...so excited!! (ignore the ugly bra straps...so embarrassing!)
CinderellaDress1.jpg
IMG_0227.JPG

We went for a cake tasting for the reception cake and we decided to do a small 6" cake in a Nightmare Before Christmas theme with cupcakes and cake pops. I don't have any pictures right now, but she's going to send me some pictures as the date gets closer. The main cake is a dark chocolate with mocha cream and fresh strawberries. There are three flavors for the cupcakes...a vanilla with orange buttercream, chocolate with mint buttercream, and mocha with caramel ganache. We also picked an assortment of cake pops.

We also decided on a couple of cake options for the Cruise ceremony. Since we can choose two flavors for the two layers, this is where we are at...he's feeling the first option more and I'm feeling the second option more. I think either way we will be happy.

Option 1:
Chocolate Cake w/Milk Chocolate Caramel Ganache
Vanilla Cake w/Raspberry Buttercream

Option 2:
Chocolate Cake w/Raspberry Buttercream
Vanilla Cake w/Milk Chocolate Caramel Ganache

I'm almost finished with writing my vows. I really want them to be heartfelt with a bit of Disney flare, and I think I've accomplished my goal without being too cheesy or generic.

Hope you have a great week! TTFN!!

Loved reading your post.
Ur reception dress, invitation, cake pix and Ur ring are what dreams are made of!
Simply Beautiful, spectacular and Oh what Disney Love is Seen in it all!

Wishing you both a lifetime of Happiness!
Have fun with all your planning and ideas...
are you looking for long lost cousins To attend, lol
Sounds like it will ALL be Amazing.. congrats! pixiedust:And pixie dust ur way!

( I chose option 1.. but all sound yummy!)

Loved reading your post.
Ur reception dress, invitation, cake pix and Ur ring are what dreams are made of!
Simply Beautiful, spectacular and Oh what Disney Love is Seen in it all!

Wishing you both a lifetime of Happiness!
Have fun with all your planning and ideas...
are you looking for long lost cousins To attend, lol
Sounds like it will ALL be Amazing.. congrats! pixiedust:And pixie dust ur way!

( I chose option 1.. but all sound yummy!)

Thank you!! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying my ramble...it really helps me keep track of all the details and process it. You may come along if you wish!!! More the merrier...:earsgirl::earsboy:

Last edited:
Kim- that dress is unbelievable!! You look like you just stepped out of a fairytale!!!! While I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of those delicious dessert options.. YUM!! I think I like the sound of the option 1 for the on-board cake. Can't wait to see the pictures of the Night Before Christmas cake! That sounds amazing!

Thank you Sarah! I truly felt like a princess swooshing around the shop. LOL! It's something every girl needs to do one day...or a few days!!!

I have been depressed for about 5 days...I realize when we planned a destination wedding that it would be difficult to have family and friends join us. And to be married on a Disney cruise would pose even more difficulties. We prepared ourselves for elopement...

Fast forward one month after making our announcement...three families booked with us...we were elated! Yay! DF's mom and sister's family booked as well as a friend and her husband. My best friend/MOH, who is also a fabulous photographer, said she'd come and take all our pics. My sister and her family said they will book. My mom said she'd come if my sister does. Both my boys want to come if we can pay for them, they are 20 and 23. My youngest son is a Disney cast member and wants to hold out for his cast member discount...but what if there are no cabins available 45 days out???

Well, here we are just over 6 months away. Reality is creeping in...my friend and her husband have cancelled due to financial and health issues. I am not mad or questioning their decision...I'm just sad. She was my only friend attending and I was looking forward to sharing my day with her. My oldest son won't be available to attend and my youngest son doesn't want to travel alone with us. I spoke to my sister again about coming and they really want to come and have been researching it but they are hoping to take advantage of DS's cast member discount as well...I have offered to pay the difference if they will just book now.

I just feel like right now I have no one...did we make the right choice for a destination wedding? I feel like such a baby...I was looking forward to having family there, to have a photographer and friend there, a first look moment with my husband-to-be...now I think I'm going to need his help to get ready.

...please join me in praying (sprinkling pixie dust...or both) that everything works out and they join us. And if they don't...that I can let go of the disappointment. :sad:

I am feeling the same way. Although our cruise isn't until next year, we have already gotten some surprising "no" replies from family or friends who had seemed excited initially or are avid cruisers. Other people don't want to join because of old family drama. I'm keeping positive and just keep thinking to myself how it's our day and vacation and I'd be happy even if it was just us two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!