Kinda confused :)

2minny

DIS Veteran
OK, we had a trip planned for May 2020 at Boardwalk Villas. That trip was cancelled and we are planning to reschedule for May 2021, 9 of us. BUT, I just don't understand how things are working, I keep reading and researching and I'm still confused. We have tickets, but no dates confirmed yet. You must have your bought park tickets and then reserve the park you want to attend each day? When you can you reserve park dates, how far in advance? Now it's a que system, no fast passes? What does that even mean? Or can you still get fast passes 60 days in advance when staying onsite? Or do we just go to a ride and get a time slot to return to the ride? If you're onsite can you still get ADR's?

The only ride that is using the bus system is Ride of the Resistance in Hollywood Studio.

currently there are no fast passes available for anyone. Everyone gets in the standby line.

You can make ADR's at the 60 day mark (for length of your stay), if staying in site. Otherwise it is 60 days on a daily basis.

please keep watching the official website things can change with fast passes, park hopping, etc.

I feel your pain...so many changes to stay on top of! I have resort res, but no tickets, some have the opposite. I think just spending a day on the official website to figure it all out is the best bet, then stay current on changes...

Just like @Bjkandma said...

You must reserve your park day in advance. NO park hopping. You can and I highly suggest make dining reservations at the 60day mark. You can make reservations if you are offsite also, but that may be at the 30 day mark?

NO fast passes. You will wait in line for rides. You will have to get a boarding group while in the HS to ride ROTR.

This is all as of today 10.4.2020 - of course things will most likely change before May 2021

You can reserve park dates now for dates through 9/26/21 through your MDE.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder
No fast passes. You wait in line with everyone else for all rides (except for Ride of The Resistance @ DS which you have literally about 5-10 seconds twice a day from within the park to try to snag a boarding pass for that day, as there is NO standby line for that ride).

Dining reservations are currently 60 days out for everyone (except that onsite can do 60 days plus the length of their stay up to 10 days).
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/reservation-window/advance-reservations/

They are allowing park hopper option to be bought for trips in 2021, but these can take that away at any time. We purchased park hopper for our March 2021 trip, however I also went ahead and make park reservations since I had that ability just in case hopper is taken away. Of course my park reservations may change when more info for my days comes available. Right now I just have them made just in case for some reason hopper is gone and parks reach capacity on reservations (I doubt that will actually happen but better safe than sorry).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!