Kingdom Keepers Fans!!

very excited. I wish we didn't have to wait until August though!

I have not heard of these books before. How would you rate them on a scale from 1-10?? How many are in the series??? Where is the best place to find them???

As far as I know - please correct me if I am wrong - there is only one. And it is pretty good - especially if you are a big Disney World fan. These are children's books so keep that in mind - but I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

I liked it. I will buy the new one.

DD13 swears she'll never look at IASW the same way again. She thought it was enjoyable, but was annoyed at some of the artistic license they took w/ some of the attractions & other details about the World -- she found it annoying when she knew something was impossible because the location was wrong, etc.

I want to read it so badly. My friend gave me some spoilers from IASW and it seems creepy and from the pirates part.

:scared1:

For those not familiar with the first book here is some info from amazon.

Editorial Reviews

From School Library Journal
Grade 6-9-Thirteen-year-old Finn and several of his friends become holograms at Florida's Disney World and then find themselves literally pulled into nighttime adventures in the theme park. Ridley Pearson's fantasy (Disney Editions, 2005) is fast paced and technologically savvy. Finn and his friends make repeated forays after hours into the very guts of such Disney icons as Tom Sawyer's Island, It's a Small World, Adventure Mountain, and other rides both tame and wild as they lay siege to Maleficent, an evil witch whose minions are at work to destroy the Disney mystique. The kids hang out at the park looking for signs and signals that will aid them in their nighttime quest for securing Disney power. Their parents are mildly suspicious, but Finn and his pals are fast talkers, willing to face their nighttime nemeses alone, rather than bringing in adult forces. Gary Littman reads with a variety of accents, some of which are less successful than others, and it's easy to differentiate among both kids and adults. Given how much Disney has seeped into the very core of Americana, most listeners will be able to understand the references and will know for whom Maleficent is a foil. While the details about why one would become a hologram for Disney are slighted, the sleuthing aspect of the tale has universal appeal.-Francisca Goldsmith, Berkeley Public Library, CA
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to the Audio CD edition.

From AudioFile
Suddenly something is very wrong in Disney World. Rides close unexpectedly, parade schedules change without notice, and costumes disappear. Are the animatronics coming alive after the park closes? Who are the Overtakers? Only Finn and his four friends can save the Magic Kingdom. Displaying an impressive range of kid voices, narrator Gary Littman lets Finn and company act like normal preteens, obnoxious, skeptical, jealous, goofy, and macho, in turns. As Wayne, their Imagineer-guide, his voice crackles with age, and his Robert Newton impression when the Pirates of the Caribbean try to shanghai Finn is super. The "Disney after dark" premise is engaging, and Littman makes it fun. S.J.H. © AudioFile 2006, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine --This text refers to the Audio CD edition.

Wow.. cool. This topic is a better fit on the Theme Parks community board and so I'll be moving this over there now.

Thanks,

Knox

DD13 swears she'll never look at IASW the same way again. She thought it was enjoyable, but was annoyed at some of the artistic license they took w/ some of the attractions & other details about the World -- she found it annoying when she knew something was impossible because the location was wrong, etc.

Yes.
The OBVIOUS mistakes made in many of the locations and details really distracted and bothered me.

The author had "free reign" at WDW and had CM assistance for his questions and in his tours of the parks and backstage.

Some of the lapses in facts concerning the physical locations and settings where just ODD.

Riding the monorail to MGM Studios was just one of many simple errors that could have been caught with just a simple audit/edit by a Disney fan from this board.

When the characters are "swimming" in the channels of Splash Mtn., they reach the "big drop" without any mention or consideration of the huge UP-RAMP before... and that would have been cool to write about, as the characters are being pulled up that long "belt."

Yes, its FICTION and KIDS book, and "artistic license" is allowed, but the IDEA was to take the "familiar" surroundings of WDW and infuse a mystery story into places we all know.

I DO know them, but apparently the author DOESN'T.

I'm currently reading the book and some of the obvious errors are sort of annoying, however I'm wondering if Disney made him do those intentionally. Don't know for sure, but just a thought!

I'm happy there is another book coming out though because I have enjoyed the first one! :)

I can hardly wait, a little sad we have to wait for Aug. We have the first book and everyone we've lent it to loved it. popcorn::

We are very excited about the second book coming out! I read the first one, then DD read it, and then DS read it -- we all really enjoyed it! Can't wait to see what happens in this one!

I'm currently reading the book and some of the obvious errors are sort of annoying, however I'm wondering if Disney made him do those intentionally. Don't know for sure, but just a thought!

The kind of errors that occur in the narrative would have no reason to be deliberately misleading.

The Kingdom Keepers is just fine (and very successful) as-is.

But, it could have easily been better with just some better editing.

As a writer, I know how easy it is to make subtile errors, and how difficult it is to "proof" my own work.

That's the reason writers send their work to editors before publication.

If one of the KK editors had been WDW-savvy, the simple errors might have been avoided.

Just like asking questions on these boards...
Somebody who KNOWS can help.

The kind of errors that occur in the narrative would have no reason to be deliberately misleading.

The Kingdom Keepers is just fine (and very successful) as-is.

But, it could have easily been better with just some better editing.

As a writer, I know how easy it is to make subtile errors, and how difficult it is to "proof" my own work.

That's the reason writers send their work to editors before publication.

If one of the KK editors had been WDW-savvy, the simple errors might have been avoided.

Just like asking questions on these boards...
Somebody who KNOWS can help.

It is fine the way it is...I'm really enjoying the book. You are right about the editing though. I have a BA in professional writing, so I know how editing is a very important part of writing and how it is very difficult to proof your own work. I find that if I'm writing something, and I'm looking over it, I overlook errors because I know what I'm trying to say (but obviously didn't put on the paper). That is why I have other people proof things for me too.

I'm almost done with the book...I'll probably finish it tonight...I'm excited to see how it turns out!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter