Kitchen and bathroom remodel advice

Very nice! FWIW, I love my quartz countertops. Pretty and very easy to keep clean--no staining issues, no need to seal them.

We have a similar tile in our new master bath (I don't remember if it's marble or faux marble--probably faux, but I'm okay with that.) You're probably doing slab versus tile--I love the look of the nice, large slab of marble.
It will be a slab of quartz on the counter. My DH loves this pattern.

Has anyone painted cabinets with chalk paint? Looking at Heirloom Collections paint.

I'm redoing the kitchen and likely bathrooms. Just the flooring. We have medium maple cabinets so likely going with stone type flooring. Either vinyl planks or tile
I did just this-put a stone look tile in the bathroom with light maple cabinets and am in love. Wish I could do it everywhere in the house!

Has anyone painted cabinets with chalk paint? Looking at Heirloom Collections paint.

I've seen this done on some of the home shows but for me it would be a nightmare. I remember being a teacher's helper in 5th grade and having to clean the chalk dust at the front of the classroom. What a mess! I just don't see how chalk paint would work in a kitchen without getting the chalk dust all over everything.

I've seen this done on some of the home shows but for me it would be a nightmare. I remember being a teacher's helper in 5th grade and having to clean the chalk dust at the front of the classroom. What a mess! I just don't see how chalk paint would work in a kitchen without getting the chalk dust all over everything.

I think a lot of people that use the chalk paint do it for the look/finish not for writing with chalk. I made my own chalk paint a few years back, so I could get the shade of navy I wanted, and painted a dresser with it. I like the way it looks and it's held up well. But I think I'd want something with a better finish on my cabinets for cleaning purposes. It's easier to wipe off a finish that isn't matte. Plus you have to seal the chalk with something, I think I used a wax, at least for furniture. Not sure I'd want to have rewax it because of the cleaning, I'd imagine it'd need refinishing/refreshing more often.

I think a lot of people that use the chalk paint do it for the look/finish not for writing with chalk. I made my own chalk paint a few years back, so I could get the shade of navy I wanted, and painted a dresser with it. I like the way it looks and it's held up well. But I think I'd want something with a better finish on my cabinets for cleaning purposes. It's easier to wipe off a finish that isn't matte. Plus you have to seal the chalk with something, I think I used a wax, at least for furniture. Not sure I'd want to have rewax it because of the cleaning, I'd imagine it'd need refinishing/refreshing more often.
I ordered a free sample (pay shipping) of the Heirlooms Traditions paint, It is supposedly two coats with a sponge applicator and no wax needed. It's an all in one. I hope to find some time to try it soon. Planning on painting master bathroom cabinets and counter top.

And you are correct, this is not chalk board paint.

They have erasable chalk markers. My older son had chalk paint in his room that was put there by the previous owner. We used chalk markers on it. When you go into a shop or restaurant and see menus or drawing on a chalkboard that's what they probably used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!