Kitchen Tool/Gadget Exchange Sent/Received

roxy: no worries. I have a husband too and just getting him to go to the post office can be a chore. I do need to go myself soon since MIL has agreed to host a PC show for me in August and she really needs the catalogs before she leaves on vacation. Are you back home yet? I didn't even realize you were having rotten weather down your way.

patsy: nothing yet...although I'm sitting at my office and have no idea what may be waiting for me at my house. More PC stuff arrived last night, but I don't get to keep any of it.

kelleigh1 said:
roxy: no worries. I have a husband too and just getting him to go to the post office can be a chore. I do need to go myself soon since MIL has agreed to host a PC show for me in August and she really needs the catalogs before she leaves on vacation. Are you back home yet? I didn't even realize you were having rotten weather down your way.

patsy: nothing yet...although I'm sitting at my office and have no idea what may be waiting for me at my house. More PC stuff arrived last night, but I don't get to keep any of it.

It should be there soon ;).

Glad to hear it!!

We had a portion of our living room ceiling come crashing down back at the beginning of June because of all the rain we got. Thankfully it wasn't the roof and was only some minor damage (since repaired) but I can't even imagine how frazzled I'd be if we had to live somewhere else for any length of time.

kelleigh1 said:
Glad to hear it!!

We had a portion of our living room ceiling come crashing down back at the beginning of June because of all the rain we got. Thankfully it wasn't the roof and was only some minor damage (since repaired) but I can't even imagine how frazzled I'd be if we had to live somewhere else for any length of time.

I know, part of living room ceiling came down too, it was near the fireplace, I was watching TV and scare me so bad :guilty:
But most of the damage was on the floors and we found black and white mold too. Some of my scrapbooking stuff got wet and some of my pics too, I was sad but thank God I keep all my pics on CD's.
I didn't like the hotel idea, it was a caos with the kids and we had to eat junk food and fast food almost everyday, I couldn't have my pets there of course, so they were all sad when we left them in the pet kennel (sp?), my poor bird die and my cat just had kittens and they all die, she took them somewhere into the woods :( and they got wet or something. Too much drama for me :guilty: Then we went to visit my Mom and my DH's wallet was stolen, we had about 500 cash :( Then we came home and my computer and big TV were fried, but we are doing great. Thanks

Roxy: Sorry about the losses of your pets, but glad to hear that you and the rest of your family are all doing ok! Let me know if there is anything you need, and I'll see what I can do.

Patsy: Package arrived yesterday. I made my husband bring it when he picked me up so I could open it on the way to the ballpark. I love the cake pans. I really needed some new ones, but had been putting it off. My hubby is happy because now I can make him his butter cake. And the tupperware containers - how did you know I need some more in that size? My sister is getting the nylon turner. I have about 5 of those in various shapes and sizes. Now she'll have at least 2. I figure it's always good to have a few. I love the John Deere trivet - although it doesn't exactly say Hawaii...LOL. Both of my sisters live in Illinois now, so that's appropriate. Was that it? I can't even remember. Thanks again!!

kelleigh1 said:
Roxy: Sorry about the losses of your pets, but glad to hear that you and the rest of your family are all doing ok! Let me know if there is anything you need, and I'll see what I can do.

Patsy: Package arrived yesterday. I made my husband bring it when he picked me up so I could open it on the way to the ballpark. I love the cake pans. I really needed some new ones, but had been putting it off. My hubby is happy because now I can make him his butter cake. And the tupperware containers - how did you know I need some more in that size? My sister is getting the nylon turner. I have about 5 of those in various shapes and sizes. Now she'll have at least 2. I figure it's always good to have a few. I love the John Deere trivet - although it doesn't exactly say Hawaii...LOL. Both of my sisters live in Illinois now, so that's appropriate. Was that it? I can't even remember. Thanks again!!

:Pinkbounc Yeah, glad it had gotten to you safely and in a timely manner-not sure what is up with the postal service these days.
Yes, it is not a Hawaii trivet :rotfl: .
I love the Tupperware brand and wanted to pass on my favorites to you, and I also love to bake...do you want to share your butter cake recipe? I am not good at using those size cake pans yet, but I try. Enjoy.

Meriweather said:
:woohoo:
Glad it arrived kelleigh....enjoy....and now this exchange is really completed :)

:banana:
Come and join us in the jam/jelly exchange :Pinkbounc .
Thank you Nancy for another fun exchange.

Patsy: there is no recipe for the butter cake. It's really just a regular boxed cake mix which says on it "butter recipe". I believe that Betty Crocker and Pillsbury (and probably Duncan Hines too) make them.

The first time hubby mentioned butter cake and how much he loves his Mom's butter cake, I asked her for the recipe. She told me to go to the store and by the cake mix. And here I thought it was some secret family recipe. Hubby just really likes the yellow butter cake (they make white too) with chocolate frosting.

kelleigh1 said:
Patsy: there is no recipe for the butter cake. It's really just a regular boxed cake mix which says on it "butter recipe". I believe that Betty Crocker and Pillsbury (and probably Duncan Hines too) make them.

The first time hubby mentioned butter cake and how much he loves his Mom's butter cake, I asked her for the recipe. She told me to go to the store and by the cake mix. And here I thought it was some secret family recipe. Hubby just really likes the yellow butter cake (they make white too) with chocolate frosting.

Yum, that sounds good. Now I have a craving for cake, so I am going to get a slice of my baby shower cake from last night. :goodvibes

I'm just craving food right now (and I'm not pregnant - just hungry). LOL At least the heat wave has broken out here so maybe I'll make a cake this weekend. It's a good time to make one since my birthday is next week.

kelleigh1 said:
I'm just craving food right now (and I'm not pregnant - just hungry). LOL At least the heat wave has broken out here so maybe I'll make a cake this weekend. It's a good time to make one since my birthday is next week.

If you join in on the jam/jelly exchange, you could use those to put in the middle of the cake to add a special touch to it ;).

Meriweather said:
It wasn't my exchange ;)
Kirby hosted, I just finished it up when she left for vacation. :teeth:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Can I blame my mistake on being pregnant :lmao: .

Sorry about that, thank you to KIRBY. :goodvibes :dance3:

mommytotwo said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Can I blame my mistake on being pregnant :lmao: .

Sorry about that, thank you to KIRBY. :goodvibes :dance3:

Sure...sounds like a good reason to me ;)
Seems like I have been working on it forever anyway ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter