• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona Cafe

BuffaloDisney

Earning My Ears
Due to lightning (we were at our resort) we had to cancel our ps at Rose and Crown and opted for a safer dinner at Kona Cafe. This was the second time in ten years we have eaten there.
Kona Cafe is a nice restaurant with great food but gets very lttle mention on the boards.

We now plan on eating there more often.

We were wondering what others thought of Kona Cafe.

In a word...Yummy! ;)

Kona has become my favorite restaurant. We first "found" it 2 years ago. Since then we have had dinner there 4 times and breakfast 2 times. We have also gotten sticky wings for a take out lunch twice. The food, service, and atmosphere have always been wonderful.

We are in the process of making our PSs for our December trip this week and we plan to have dinner there on my birthday and breakfast the following morning(the morning we leave). Cant wait to go back! :D

The kona cafe is one of my sons favorite places to eat.. We will eating their again on our july o4 trip......breakfast maybe this time ha-ha!!!

LOVE Kona Cafe! Loved the wings, crab cakes. My DH still raves about the burger. The desserts are to DIE for. Love the service & the atmosphere. Hope to go back real soon.

Count me in as another fan of the Kona. Great food, good service, moderate pricing. Breakfast is really good as well. If you like their dinner you'll love their breakfast :)

Anne

I've not been to Kona yet. Plan to go in November. The food sounds much more "exotic" on the menu than what is usually described here. Does that ring true?

We've been enjoying breakfast there and at it's previous incarnation as Coral Seas since 1983. Once Tangaroa Terrace stopped serving breakfast, we started going there 2-3 times per trip. We NEVER tried dinner until probably two years ago. We now love it. As everyone has said, great food as well as service and moderate prices.

Breakfast isn't exotic at all. At lunch and dinner there are some plain dishes if you like that better. And I do think some entrees sound more exotic than they are. For instance the macadamia crusted mahimahi is delicious and the crust is perfect. I had been afraid it might overwhelm the flavor of the fish but it complements it perfectly. Love the veggies that accompany that dish although they vary (I'm sure according to what's the best produce that day). We've asked for those veggies to be substituted on other dishes and that was no problem.

Love Kona!

After numerous trips to WDW we finally had dinner at the Kona Cafe this past June and absolutely loved the food. From appetizers and main meals to dessert the food was excellent!
The service was also very good and it has a nice atmosphere.
We will definitely add the Kona Cafe to our "must" list for dinner in the future and would like to try their breakfast. From what I have read on these boards their breakfast is fantastic. Can't wait to try it someday.
:D

I've got a PS for dinner there in December ... when I called, the CM seemed kind of surprised that I was making a PS or that I even knew about Kona. After reading the reviews, maybe it is one of those well kept secrets :p I can't wait to try their sticky wings :)

We seem to end up there almost every trip and have always had a great meal. We usually don't have any difficulty getting a last minute reservation. Very good steaks and moist, tasty fish. The pot stickers are seafood, with a light sauce, and we thought they were phenomenal! Also loved the salad at lunch that had beef on it.

Love it love it love it! Best coffee in the World, we had breakfast there 7 times last fall. Also had a good lunch and an excellent dinner. We have a breakfast PS before our Keys to the Kingdom Tour in November, but will stop there on our arrival day to get coffee beans to brew in our room.

This fellow-Buffalonian also LOVES the Kona Cafe. The tuna is phenomenal ... and the dessert selection is fantastic! My whole family loves it and it rarely ever seems to be crowded.;) It has become one restaurant I love to keep returning.

Yummmm....I will be eating there a week from tonight! I have narrowed it down to either the stir fry, the sirloin or the prime rib...any votes out there?

We love the Kona and have breakfast there frequently. It is a great, quiet spot to have lunch so we hop on the monorail and grab our lunch their rather than having it at the MK. The little coffee bar in front of the Kona has the best Mickey Mouse Ears chocolate chip cookies with the ears dipped in chocolate. It also has a great sticky bun. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Yeah! I am so glad to see such wonderful reviews! After looking at the menu we decided we had to try it. We will be enjoying breakfast there on the 21st of December. We can't wait!

:D :Pinkbounc :p

Such desserts - makes you almost want to cry they are all so delicious and the COFFEE - yum. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter